Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 07-04-2002, 06:59 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks Janet, I needed a kick in the fanny.

Today should be cooler. YAH !!!! I have showered and dressed. Today is the 4th of July so I have red capri pants and white top. Besides being beautiful I'm patriotic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone enjoy today
Teresa
Old 07-04-2002, 10:29 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Okay ladies, I'm about to hop on the soap box lol! To all of you that are "ashamed" about not putting makeup on 'cause it's too hot: so what? You'll look worse if your makeup is running everywhere, so forget about it! A fresh-scrubbed, moisturized face is just as lovely as one that has spent an hour in front of the mirror! In this kind of heat, just keeping cool makes me feel "un-frumpy". If you dress in a nice, comfy outfit, and do something cute with your hair(even just a ponytail with a cute scrunchie), you're de-frumped!!
Old 07-04-2002, 10:33 AM
FamilyCorner Groupie

i agree

MrsManiac i totally agree with you ..it doesnt matter what you do as long as you do something to make yourself feel better each day If that doesnt include putting on make-up so be it ...if it includes putting on just a moisterizer then thats good enough
As long as you do something to make YOURSELF feel better then that is what matters the most

Sue
Old 07-04-2002, 10:51 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

In the heat of summer all I were for makeup is a moisturizer, mascara and maybe lipstick depending on my mood. That alone helps me with the frumpies.
Donna
Old 07-04-2002, 07:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Back on Track!

Hi Ladies: Today was so fun. Got dressed in some capri pants (a first for me as an adult) and a cute top. Put on a little make-up on the way to our friends in my air-conditioned car. All in all didn't accomplish much, but had a good day and looked good. What more could you ask for? Have a good day. Sharon
P.S. Thanks for the encouragement. I personally don't feel ashamed if I don't get "defrumped", but I certainly feel better when I do get dressed up a bit. A little make-up just makes it better. After all, this thread began with the idea that we all WANT to get out of our slump into frumpdom.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:04 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

hi ladies,

I hope many of you are enjoying your 4th of July holiday celebrations! I'm a Canuck so we already had ours on July 1st.

I've been wanting to do something different with my hair and have a few questions for you all. I'm at the point of needing to color every three weeks now to keep the roots touched up. My hair has a definate part so the roots show quickly. My hair is dark with lots of red in it. I'm thinking the best battle plan might be to cut it short enough on top to eliminate the part and then have blondish streaks.
I've heard that keeping up streaks is very expensive. I have a friend who gets hers done every three months, then at the six week point, puts in a semi-transparent color just to tame down the new grey growth. ;-) Does anyone here do this? or have a better way to tackle the grey?

trying to turn back the clock........
beth
Old 07-05-2002, 09:49 AM
FamilyCorner Groupie

blarney

My friend has streaks in her hair and gets them touched up every so often and in my opinion it does seem expensive ....it is almost as much as getting your hair dyed in a salon I ,on the other hand ,dye my hair with whatever color strikes my fancy on the day i buy it my hair has been so many colors my kids dont know my real hair color is a dirty blonde LOL
I dye my hair every 4- 6 weeks or when i remember to buy the dye I have short hair for the summer and my grey hair actually looks blonde after being in the sun
I am sure someone else would have better information for you but i just wanted to let you know that i also color my hair on a regular basis Failing that ..the only way to get rid of the grey completly is to sport the 'BALD" look <--kinda like this guy

Sue
Old 07-05-2002, 12:55 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

I too colour my hair, every 4-6 weeks. Also a "dirty blond" but getting greyer fast. I used to use all sorts of colours, but now I use a light beige blond. It lasts longer without having to re colour, because the grey comming in blends better. I keep my hair fairly short, and this past year have not permed it, just made sure it has a good cut. On the whole it is much better to look after, and the condition is better too.

Pat
Old 07-05-2002, 02:17 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I too dye my hair every 4-6 weeks. My hair is normally a real dark brown that just doesnt look right and I went blond about 7 yrs ago and decided not to go back since the blond looks more natural on me than my true color, I am sure I would have gray if I let it go natural. I have talked to people with shorter hair ( mine is long) and they say it doesnt keep the roots from showing any faster so I guess I will keep mine long for now.
Donna
Old 07-05-2002, 09:17 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

The reason I kept my hair shorter now is that I found that the constant perming and colouring made my hair coarser. The colouring alone doesn't bother my hair. The roots grow in just as fast, no difference there!
The other reason I like it short is it's fast in the morning to wash and run to work. I got a cut that I just flick into place and it looks neat most of the time, with far less am. work. I leave home at 6 am, and have to be together, physically and mentally by the time I get to work. May let it grow out one day when I retire, then I'd just put it up in a bun or braid it.

Pat