Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:13 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Janet, I too hate when that bra straps peeks out but I am more comfortable with than without one. as for Jammies I go with a long tshirt
Donna
Old 07-01-2002, 09:40 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Jammies...

In the summer I wear pajama sets that are shorts with a matching shirt... I get them from Target usually. This year I bought capri pajama bottoms and a pajama camisole top from Old Navy - waiting for it to arrive. I think wearing something cute will make you feel less frumpy.

Teresa
Old 07-01-2002, 09:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

This year I made a commitment: no more frumpiness at bed time . So I went and bought 3 pajamas - spring season ones - and one that is more summerish, and has 3 pieces: a tank top, throusers and a cute little jacket... so, now I'm going to sleep in... a big t-shirt - lol , can you believe it? The spring pj's are too hot for now, and even the trousers from the other one feel unconfortable with all this heat! Sometimes I sleep with my bra and panties, cos the heat is suffoccating...

But maybe one day I'll be nice in the bedtime too...

Fatima

fatima

"Stones in my path, I pick them all up: one day, I'm going to build a castle!" - Fernando Pessoa, (portuguese poet)
Old 07-01-2002, 10:15 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

In the summer, I wear pajamas that are shorts, or short gowns with the little straps. Only cotton, though! I have one of those "granny" gowns--I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about lol! It's the most comfortable one, but dh hates it. I just tell him I'll sleep like a cenerfold when he returns the favor!

I never worry about how short my nails are anymore. I used to have acrylics, but stopped for financial reasons. Now I just keep them nicely filed, and if I'm not wearing polish I buff them. It took me a while to get used to them being short, especially when I get around women that have long nails! I manicure once a week, and even some of the women who get their nails done have complimented me on how nice my nails look, because unlike them, I have no places that are scabbed over because the manicurist got my cuticles with the grinder!!

I stopped getting my eyebrows waxed--now I buy the preformed strips and do my own. It's more frugal to tweeze, but takes me too long and I don't have the eye for it--my brows come out uneven!
Old 07-01-2002, 01:00 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

I felt pampered today getting my eyebrows waxed but OUCH !! I couldn't do that to myself. Too much pain plus I would probably pull the strip too slow. Maybe one day I will try it.

My dh would love for me to sleep in my birthday suit but I would feel weird. I wear cotton shorts and a tank top. I should look for something alittle nicer. I'll put it on my list.

Remember ladies, do something nice for yourself today
Teresa
Old 07-01-2002, 04:38 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

Hi pat here, my first post to this topic. But just wondered if some of the rest of you had the same problem with night wear, If I wore my birthday suit, I'd have to spend the day iorning it! LOL. I have several nighties, 2 are thin cottons shortie ones ( like long t'shirts) then 2 short nylon nighties, and 2 flannel nighties. Here it's hot if it gets to 28-30 C. and winters can be up to -64 (that was back in Farenhight days).
I have just started to wear pale nail polish on a regular basis. I wear very little make up, but do like a nice moisturizer and sun screen. The odd time I wear lipstick, but like light shades in pinks and coral. I have never had my eyebrows done, ( but I like them as they are now, so have never wanted to do them). I have many allergies, so stay away from most perfumes and products that are strong smelling.
It's nice to know there are others who have to work at being polished.
looking forward to reading more posts here, and going further back to read some of the first ones.
Pat
Old 07-01-2002, 09:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

Hi Ladies: Well it was in the 90's here in Vermont and the humidity must have been 80%. BUT, I put on my make-up and a nice top and jeans. Was at my client's half the day and drenched, but CUTE! LOL I keep my nails short and no longer wear polish, but I have found that they look better this way as they always split. I now wear very chunky heels and that way they don't bother my feet if it's just for a few hours. I used to only wear 4" heels, but that went away years ago. As for PJ's several years ago I went on a shopping spree at Victoria's Secret and bought several pairs of silky PJ's. They keep me warm in winter and cool in summer and I look good. Funny, it's the one time I don't look frumpy!LOL This year for my Bday I had my husband buy me 2 pairs of cotton 1940's Hollywood looking PJ's, I just love them. I wear Tee shirts on occassion, but always feel dumpy when I do. My days of looking cute in a tee and socks are over. I wear socks to sleep all year, otherwise I wake up cold in the middle of the night. I do have a couple of silky nightshirts and those are nice when it's really hot. Take care.
Sharon
Old 07-02-2002, 04:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

teresa:
If you keep waxing, the pain will fade... I always cry as a baby, because of the eat, I guess, cos I keep talking, and everything, but I cant help it, nor stop it... But I noticed the last time I had it waxed, it hurted less. I wax my upper lip in the same day. And between waxes, I pluck the eyebrow excesses that grow back...

Well, ladies, have a good hot day

to you all, lots of

fatima

fatima

"Stones in my path, I pick them all up: one day, I'm going to build a castle!" - Fernando Pessoa, (portuguese poet)
Old 07-02-2002, 06:07 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks fatima for the encouragement. They do look great.

Pat welcome. You are funny. Ironing your birthday suit. HAHAHAHA

Morning Ladies,

Todays pampering will be Crest Whitestripes for your teeth. I tried these 6 months ago and even my dentist said my teeth looked great. Time to use them again and have a great smile.

I 'm dressed in a short summer dress. My legs have always been my best asset so I might as well show them off and people won't notice my belly. (hahaha)

Remember do something nice for youself!!!!!!
Teresa
Old 07-02-2002, 07:39 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Morning Ladies,
It is a dreary day here been raining most of the morning. But lets look on the bright side, since its raining the boys dont have to go to there Tennis lessons and I don't have to water the lawn which gives me extra time. I have all ready have on on backless summer dress, and a little makeup. Never scrubbed the stove in a dress before but it is a chore I have decided to get done cause along with looking better I want my house to look better. Right now it still looks like a house where 4 kids with working parents live if you know what I mean.
Donna