Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Outer Beauty Make up tips, homemade bath concoctions, hair styles, more...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 06-26-2002, 07:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good Evening All,

I too check in to read the posts first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Really interesting reading here and so a great bunch of positive women! Kudos to us all

I have been getting de-frumped everyday too! It is working out great. I have been trying to work in more exercise too! I like to walk and I want to get into the habit of walking everyday! I did this all winter here, and I want to get back into the habit. At first I hated the idea but it actually grew on me...Who would of guessed that!

Keep up the good work ladies!

janet
Old 06-27-2002, 05:04 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

WOW!!
Last time I looked at this thread was last week, it was only 1 page long!!
So I started reading, I haven't read all 13 pages, but enough too send me running for the nail polish!
I just touched up my severly chipping toes, and filed my nails. I got one hand painted waiting for the reply page too load! This is one handed typing!
Thanks for the incentive!

Last edited by aubry; 06-27-2002 at 05:06 AM.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:10 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow you guys! I haven't read the messages here in a couple of days, but i think it will take me a week to catch up! LOL

I decided to come back, because even though I have been continuing to put on make up, shower, etc (only one day without make up since I started this thread!), I find myself showering later and later in the day. So today, after I drop off Tony at summer school (in about 45 minutes) I'm going to shower. I also noticed I am eating more and more junk food and later and later each night! Time to stop that. :p

I just posted a "do it yourself at home pedicure" in the Outer Beauty forum (just click "outer beauty" at the top of this thread) if anyone wants to see it. I'm going to try it, but my big belly prohibits me from reaching a lot.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:11 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I almost forgot, there's also a do it yourself manicure that Shawn posted in that same forum!
Old 06-27-2002, 05:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Aubry:

Good for you that you had the wake up call for nail polish !
That just reminded me of a little something: I've been purchasing rings, silvery pretty rings, to wear in my right hand. In my left hand I have my weding ring, and now I also have a ring in my right hand ( only like to wear one per hand...) And, boy, do I like typing with it on!! Simple little things DO make a difference !

Catch ya all later

Fatima

fatima

"Stones in my path, I pick them all up: one day, I'm going to build a castle!" - Fernando Pessoa, (portuguese poet)
Old 06-27-2002, 05:37 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

OK morning all,

SUE: Take me take me please!!!! Our Bdays are close mine is June 17

Fatima I wish I could tan, I do tan but I am one that it takes forever, luckily I dont burn too bad.

Harriette, send some of that cool spell this way to Ft Smith, AR I hate the heat.

Sharon, I have never heard of dying your eyelashes. That would be great since with this heat the only makeup I put on is a little mascara and lipstick, along with a tanner for my white legs.

Aubry, you are a step ahead of me I havent started on the nails yet. Since I worked in surgery we were not allowed to have nails. Now that I dont WOW I can have some better run out and get the polish.

Amanda I am headed to that post now thanks.:p
Old 06-27-2002, 06:34 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Morning Ladies,

I talked my husband into going on a diet with me. Its not really a diet but eating healthy. I Hate the word diet. We went to the store last night and bought lots of fruits and veggies. We want to be good examples for our children.

Fatima, you are right. Simple little things do make a difference. I think I'm going to go to my garden and cut some flowers for my dining room table so dinner will be special.

Talk to ya later
Teresa
Old 06-27-2002, 10:15 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle I'm starting to take better care too!

My in-laws came to visit us for 10 days and I sure did feel like a schlump next to my beautiful mother in law everyday. I know I didn't look terrible, but she looks so great that she has inspired me to do better with my appearance. If this 52 year old woman can look good why can't I? (I'm 32). She wears cute tops, capri pants, sandals and does jazzercise so she doesn't look old or out of shape. Well, after being with her for 10 days I've decided that if she can find the time to do things to make herself look nice then so can I.

So, starting yesterday this is what I've come up with:

I'm going to start using a self-tanner (seems to be popular here LOL). I'm going to try that Endless Summer stuff if I can find it. Living in the UK is hard because I'm used to USA products plus it's expensive to purchase items on the economy, and our base store doesn't have a wide variety of things. So, if I don't find Endless Summer I'll find something else that's gotten good reviews in all the beauty magazines (which I've also started paying more attention to for hints). If all else fails, I'll order online!

I'm also going to start shaving my legs once a week just because - not only because it's shorts season! So, I shaved my legs this morning. I have that Jergen's lotion for my legs too, so I'm going to apply that every night. Oh, and I think I'll do a pedicure weekly.

I'm going to start polishing my nails - hands and toes. I just need to buy a base coat and top coat and a file so I can get started on that. I'm thinking nudes for fingers and bright colors for toes. We'll see...

I have also made more of an effort to brush teeth right after I get out of bed instead of doing it after breakfast, washing face, using toner and moisturizer every morning and night, plus brushing AND flossing my teeth every night before bed. I have even gone so far as to make a Routine list so that I don't forget to do anything. I know it's all basic stuff, but I tend to get lazy and use my SAHM status as an excuse to look blah.

And I am using a body scrub and face scrub in every shower, instead of just when I remember to do it. Hoping that will make my skin soft and more attractive.

Oh, and I've gone on a mini shopping spree and purchased some cute tops and capri pants (here in England it appears that summer isn't long enough to justify many pairs of shorts) and I'd like to get some cute sandals to show off my pedicures!

As for fitness/health, I have started eating more fruits during the day (I'm not a big veggie fan, so eating just fruits is already a huge step for me) and I'm taking walks when the weather permits. I'm planning to get a flexi-ball for crunches, plus I have some weights and work out videos that I'll start using once I get some walking in. Starting small and building up, so that I can make these habits stick!

Anyway...lots of stuff from me. Thanks for this thread, it's inspiring.

Teresa
Old 06-27-2002, 10:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

Hi, Everyone:

Boy are we going around - the world that is. Enjoy reading some of the stuff about various lotions and the like. Like some of you I do not wear make-up in the summer except for mascara and occassionally a touch of blush. Have oily skin and sweat very nicely thank you so it feels good just to wash my face to get rid of the shine. By giving myself just a few minutes here and there in the sun I fortunately get enough coloring on my face to get away from the makeup, but am seriously considering trying the tanning lotion/spray for my legs as now that I'm older they just do not tan very well.

Hey Arkansas - we expect the cooler weather (high 80's and lower humidity) just for the weekend then Mother Nature says - more dog days. At least we're not in Texas, New Mexico or Arizona, where the temps really go high but at least the humidity is low.

Keep up the postings, ladies. To those of you who have postings on the cramps and other monthly problems, my heart goes out to you. Just remember to get a good doctor who will listen and have empathy with you and write up a list of questions before you go.

Good talking to you but had better get back to work.

cherish yesterday, dream tomorrow, but live today for it is a present - but most of all be thankful.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:58 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Theresa,
Wow you are really doing it!!! Makes me look pitiful. Havent got to the exercise part yet or the nails but will get there.