Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 10-08-2002, 03:15 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

tooth whitening

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new Colgate Simply White. I would like to try a tooth whitening product. From what I have been reading so far it looks like the Crest strips are pretty good, with the exception of a little tooth sensitivity. Would appreciate any input.
Old 10-12-2002, 10:23 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

Chelley~

I don't know about the strips, but I do know they are pretty expensive, but still much cheaper than getting your dentist to do it.

My dh is using the Colgate now..It cost 14 dollars at Wal Mart. He has used it faithfully for about 5 days and already we can see a big improvement. As to how long it lasts, well I will let you know.

Dh's teeth are pretty stained and I have sure been impressed with the fastness of the Colgate. I suggest you try it.

Hope this helps

Carolyn
Old 10-12-2002, 10:23 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

Chelley~

I don't know about the strips, but I do know they are pretty expensive, but still much cheaper than getting your dentist to do it.

My dh is using the Colgate now..It cost 14 dollars at Wal Mart. He has used it faithfully for about 5 days and already we can see a big improvement. As to how long it lasts, well I will let you know.

Dh's teeth are pretty stained and I have sure been impressed with the fastness of the Colgate. I suggest you try it.

Hope this helps

Carolyn
Old 10-12-2002, 11:01 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

-tooth whitening

My sister has used the simply white for about a month. We can all see a dramatic change in her teeth. I was amazed at her beautiful smile. I think Colgate has got a great product here.
Old 10-12-2002, 11:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

does anyone know if there is long term problems using this product? I would like to try but if I am going to lose tooth enamel etc.......
Old 10-12-2002, 01:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Me too - I'd LOVE to try these products. My aunt, my mom and me all have EXTREMELY sensitive teeth - the poor dental hygenists have such a difficult time with us! Trying to clean and we ask them to stop every 3 seconds! My front teeth also look almost transluscent...I don't know whether this is from years of regular brushing or what.

ANYWAY, I got off the track there...my aunt's dentist told her that the next time she comes in to use Sensodyne a week or so before getting her teeth cleaned. AND TO AVOID the whitening products because they make your teeth more sensitive.

I'm afraid to try them, even though my teeth are pretty yellow from coffee/tea drinking....

I'll be watching this thread because I want to see what others say. I'm also afraid to lose more enamel on my front teeth or to do anything to damage them further, since one also has a hairline crack.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:16 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Tooth Whitening

I too will be watching this post. I don't know anyone who have used them. I've been wanting to try one of the tooth whiteners but they are so expensive I would like to know if they work before I buy one. Also a little curious as to any side effects.
Old 10-12-2002, 08:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

tooth whitening

My dentist gets all kinds of samples, I asked her about them since the whitening procedure they offer is kind of pricey. She did mention the strips and said they seemed the best OTC but left a slight film on her teeth after removing them.
Old 10-13-2002, 07:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi!! I have tried the Crest Whitening strips, and although expensive, they worked GREAT! My smile was extremely white. That lasted about six months. I am currently using the Colgate whitening gel that you mentioned...and that too is giving GREAT results. My teeth did become a little sensitive after using the strips, but so far with the Colgate gel...things are the same. I don't know how long the whiteness will last with this one, but as I said,,,,it works Great. As for being safe for the tooth enamel, my Dentist said that it will be safe IF it is written "safe for tooth enamel" on the package. And for both the strips and gels...it is on there. Good Luck!! Keep SMILING!!!! Lexxy
Old 10-14-2002, 08:20 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi everyone!

I have been reading all the replies and wanted to let you all know that there is a cheaper way. My sister is a dental assistant and gave me the secret that the dentist use. They take a mold of our teeth but I have found that the mouth guards work just as well. Heat them in water and mold them to your teeth. They are a dollar or so at any sports store.

The dentist buy proxigel at the pharmacy and use a thin line on the mouth mold ( our case the mouth guard) and place on your teeth. You can have this on up to 3 hours a day. The proxigel costs about $15.00. I have had wonderful results.

Angie