Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 07-30-2002, 02:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Is that the wipes????
Old 07-30-2002, 08:09 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

no, I think it is a spray.

gina.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Interesting thread... It's especially during the transition from winter clothes to spring (bare leg) clothes that I would like a self-tanner since my skin is super white at that time. I've tried a self tanner cream once (don't remember the name) with awful results and have been very hesitant to try others. I'm sure the products now are far superior and might try the Neutrogena one.

Donna is it Coppertan or Coppertone? If Coppertan, where do you get it?

bbkimberly - where can you get this special blue light thing?
Old 07-31-2002, 10:06 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

My dd is really into both kinds of tanning but trying to opt more for the fake. She has researched it and she said if you exfoliate before applying the sunless tanner it will go on more evenly.
She bought some special pretan exfoliator, but just using one of those net balls that are sold in the bath dept. at Walmart for a dollar works.
Take a shower right before and scrub gently any area you plan to apply the sunless tanner. It works.
Also lightly apply lotion to your knees and ankle before hand - this keeps these areas from getting to dark as they have a tendancy to.
We had an article in the Tulsa paper that said Coppertone and Banana boat was rated the highest.
I saw one in a salon called "Fake Bake". They had a woman done with half of the tanner and half not - supposedly one application. It looked great but was VERY pricey. Any one tried that? MOONPIE
Old 07-31-2002, 02:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I love the self tanning products...It is the only way to get a healthy tan I feel...I have tried alot of self tanners and I love the spray on self tanner from Banana Boat....then I use the Neutragena faces only for my face....everyone keeps asking me Where have you been to Girl????? Especially since I am a stay at home Mom and they can't figure out how on earth I have done that!!!!(budget, budget, budget, and figure out your wants and needs!) I tell them it is from a bottle and they say YEAH, RIGHT...don't tell us!! lol Can't win!

janet
Old 07-31-2002, 03:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Sugar.....
I walked into a Sav On and there was a woman that had the machine that tests for sun damage for free. I figure that if you call a dermatologist's office you can find out how/where you can go to get evaluated.
For those that have problems with "tanning" your hands - the trick is to wash your hands right after applying the cream.

If a man says something and no woman hears it....is he still wrong?

Well, nobody's perfect - Osgood E. Fielding III
SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)

My FC Member Awards!
<hr height=3 color=green width=95%>

Hey, I won!
Old 08-02-2002, 07:28 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Tanning w/out the sun

I saw a friend who I KNOW avoids the sun since there is skin cancer in her family, and she had a terrific-looking subtle tan. I asked what she used and she told me: Kiss My Face Self-Tanning Lotion with walnut extract. I'm telling you, she looked richer than the folks she works for (very rich).

I'm also going to try the Banana Boat tanner since so many here say it's so good!
Old 08-03-2002, 07:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

3 to 6 months

As I was re-reading an old issue of Martha Steward, there was an article about the shelf life of products...well the self tanners was very interesting:

Self tanners only have a shelf life of 3-6 months, do not stock up on this type of product. The ingredient that tans you spoils and you will either not tan or worse...the tanner SMELLS SOUR!!!

I found an old bottle from last year in my cabinet and it was SOUR!! The smell is like nothing I smelled before, but use your instincts and throw it out!!!

Now I know why no one is tan in Winter!!LOL

janet
Old 08-05-2002, 08:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I am a big fan of those self tanners!! But, I have had my fair share of streaking problems with some of them. That one called Endless Summer is one of them. And, it takes forever to dry enough not to "tan" your clothes.

The one I found that works awesome is called Go Bronze by Estee Lauder. A bit pricier than the ones you find at places like WalMart, etc. but well worth it! Don't forget to exfoliate first--it truly does make a difference! And, wash your hands right after you put it on. It dries in about 15-20 minutes. If it does get on your clothes a little bit, it washes right out. I still have a shirt and a pair of shorts I can't wear due to that Endless Summer tanner :mad:

Tans look great, but not at the expense of damaging your skin. So find a self tanner that looks good on you and stick with it!!

Good luck!

Debbie

Old 08-05-2002, 09:01 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I forgot to add one more thing on the tanner my daughter got. It told her to use gloves to put it on. Ones like doctors use - you can buy them at Walmart in the pharmacy section.
The instructions said it would help prevent streaks and apply it smoother. It was a mousse so I am not sure how a liquid or cream would work with it. It really did prevent streaking plus protected our hand.
Any one know where to get Kiss My Face? It sounds really good. I have looked online and have found their other products but not the tanner. MOONPIE