Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 11-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

December Birthday Party for Myself

I'd really like to have a birthday party this year. Any ideas for creative activities for my 38th bday?

I spent 1.5 years unemployed, and was very depressed for a long time. Things have really picked up toward the end of this year, and I feel like celebrating! I've got a new job, making some new friends at work, etc. Can finally afford to have some company over!

Any ideas on what to DO at the party? Usually we have adult company over for dinner or a movie, not much else. I guess I'm looking for an activity more than a theme. Used to host game night monthly back in my single days. Am looking for something creative. Party will be the first Saturday evening in December. We're not doing much in the way of holiday decorating this year since we'll be out of town for the holidays.

Many guests would not know each other. Some will probably bring their kids (mostly pre-teens) so activities must be family friendly.

Thanks, dawny
Old 11-24-2003, 04:54 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

How about a little murder?

I've always wanted to have a murder mystery birthday party! You can find CDs at ebay on how to host one with printable invitations et al, or go online and do a search on "murder mystery parties" and see what comes up. Most of the programs have a few central characters and the rest of the guests could be the supporting cast or the families could work together in teams to solve it!

Have a great birthday!!

Stace
Old 11-24-2003, 06:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I had the best 40th party ever. My friend was determined to throw me a party, so my only rule was that I did not want an over the hill party. She went in the total opposite direction and gave me a kiddie party. We had games, a clown, goodie bags kiddie snack food and a pinata. That was adult - stuffed with miniature bottles of liquor. She sent out kiddie invitations, and kids were invited as well. The kids thought we were nuts, but had has much fun as we did. We had a blast!

Hope this helps.

Sharon

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We gave my DH a "Fossil Frolic" when he turned 30...many people with kids would be there. We had a dino hunt in the sandbox, people came dressed as the Flintstones, we put dino fruit snacks on the cake as decorations (there are so many dino theme party things out, it was really simple to carry this off). It was tons of fun.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Assistant Moderator

run a search on parties and on games, for there is lots of sites to give ideas on these.

some are:
http://pbskids.org/zoom/games/

www.thepartyworks.com

and I know there are others, just do a search.

when is your bday and Have a happy birthday

doing a theme party can be fun too.
let us know what u decided please
Old 11-24-2003, 10:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Party Idea

Hey - Happy early Birthday! A fun game to play is Cranium. You play in teams and it can be for pretty much all ages (some of the activities would be difficult for small children, but another teammate could take over). It is family oriented as well.

Good luck!

Jiggly a/k/a Cassie
Old 11-25-2003, 02:44 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

What about a karaoke night? I've just been to one and everyone had a great time, kids included. In fact the kids kind of took over after a while so the adults just enjoyed the impromtu show!!