Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Organizing Needs hints and tips on organizing your house? Are you a clutterbug or do you pile things instead of filing things? Help out where you have succeeded or ask for help from this great group of friends!

Old 04-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Assistant Moderator

I tidied our bedroom today. Packed away all the size 8 jeans until fall. If I am not in by then, I will make a quit. Sorted thru books and magazines. I threw out one huge garbage sack of junk. Two pair of shoes that dh hated, but I made him keep just in case! Stupid I know! But our room looks so much better! I threw away old slips and nighties that I had had for years. I am proud of myself!!
Old 04-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanks for the tip on the flylady. I have looked at the website but have been afraid to subscribe! Afraid I would feel overwhelmed at all the lists of things to do. Maybe I should give it a try and "customize" it to fit my needs. I just really need to get rid of some stuff. I don't really shop very much and I usually just buy things we need so I don't know where all this stuff comes from! Guess I just never get rid of anything. On the surface everything looks fine but lord, don't open the closet door I'll keep checking here and let you know if I make any progress.

Kelly

Congrats bluebird! You should be proud of yourself. That is a big accomplishment!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:38 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

I've been working on our bedroom, too. It's the room that suffers the most because people don't see it. My biggest challenge is our closet--it's a true walk-in closet that also doubles as the office area, where the computer is. I try to keep it tidy in case someone does come in, but it's almost impossible lol!! Plus, we have burgandy carpet that shows every single speck of lint, and it looks bad unless I run the vacuum daily. Though the closet is getting there, since I got rid of so many clothes and shoes. There is a shelf unit that holds all the misc junk that I really, really need to take care of. I may make that tomorrow's project!

Kelly, don't be overwhelmed by the lists lol!! They're very helpful...but if you subscribe you'll get a zillion emails a day reminding you to do things. I just added her to my favorites and check the site as I go.

Well, speaking of getting the bedroom done, I need to make the bed and run the vac. I am expecting company that will be using the computer and I'd hate for him to see our room in such a state after he's commented on how nice the rest of the house is kept, lol!!
Old 04-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Nine Year Member

Hi Gals....Just got off the website....Organizedhome.com. It is a great site to check out. They have free printables forms for almost anything. They also have a message board where you can learn from others about being organized.

Just made a printable for taking Dh blood pressure readings every day which he presents to the Dr. when he goes. Even the Dr. liked the form nice and neat.

Just packed up alot of books & magazines that I have not read yet. Mom will be leaving soon so no sense cluttering up. Once she leaves will start cleaning closets too.
________
Sueanne

http://Organizedhome.com