FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Organizing (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/organizing/)
-   -   FlyLady (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/organizing/805-flylady.html)

Amanda 03-05-2002 05:52 AM

Are you a FlyLady FlyBaby?

I keep seeing mention of the FlyLady organizing program all over these boards, so I figured that it might as well have its own thread!

If you are a FlyBaby feel free to discuss everything about it here!

If you don't know what the FlyLady program is, check out her website: http://www.flylady.net

fatima bento 03-05-2002 06:34 AM

being a flybaby

Since I started to talk to people here on the boards, more than one person mentioned the flylady, and told me to take a look - so I did.
^^ It does promise a lot, and some of the general ideas might sound a little odd, but, I really liked it.And, amazingly, it ends up making all the sense in the world, and it really works - to me, anyway.:p I'm really thankfull to everybody! And, not trying to promote it, I'd advise it to everybody who lived as buried in the chaos as I did for I dont know how long...::-)::
A BIG thank u!
Fatima:cat:

workathomemomof4 03-05-2002 07:31 AM

I'm a flylady flybaby. I don't do everything she suggests every day, but it sure has helped me clean out the clutter that has gathered in this house. I don't think I would have done it without her help. It would still just be lying there gathering dust, and stressing me out. I'm bad for holding on to things because I might need it one day.

Shawn 03-05-2002 08:47 AM

I have never heard of it until I started reading it in one of the thread... I have not yet (but will) take a look.

Amanda, you should add to the Poll... Have never heard of it but will take a look....

That would be my vote :)

ajrsmom 03-05-2002 10:46 AM

I dont really know how to answer the poll, LOL !! Yes, I am subscribed to it. No, I dont follow it (at least much of it) but I have been devising my own plan so I guess she has helped. The really bad part is that I feel guilty of I get rid of the program because I didnt really try to make it through it. Talk about being batty !!!

Since I am so unorganized, I guess this makes me feel a little better about things. Funny what a little thing will do,huh ?

Just reading this, I sound like a basket case :-P::

UGH !!! Lifes LITTLE problems

fatima bento 03-06-2002 05:29 AM

the secret that made the flylddy work for me

Beeing in contact with the Flylady for about a week, it as helped me a lot, as I said previously. :) But I guess I found the secret that made it work for me in so little time: it focus on you first - at least thats the way I see it... - and if you've been so unorganized as I've always been, you can feel pretty guilty for not beeing able to do things differently, and keep living on chaos on and on.:ugh: if you focus on yourself, by doing things to make you feel well, pretty, you get the general idea that you deserve it:heart: and if you deserve to feel pretty, and to take care of yourself, sure thing is that there's no point in not trying to change things all around, and do something about the chaos you've been living for for so long.:. And you do believe: you can do it!^^

fatima

kimmyo 03-06-2002 09:49 AM

AAGGHHH!!! I couldn't stand the emails! Most of the ideas she has I had heard from mother growing up. Always get dressed first, clean the sink etc...I guess I just got lazy and needed to be reminded of these simple but effective tools!

Lindarella 03-08-2002 12:23 PM

I've been "flying" since last October. I ran across a reference to FlyLady while I was looking for a crochet pattern of all things.

I have the e-mails digested so I only get one or two big ones a day and I just scan them to see if there is anything interesting.

My house hasn't been this free of clutter since we moved in...23 years ago! I don't do everything the way flylady says I've modified it to fit the needs of our household, but I never miss the morning and evening routines and weekly home blessing hour.

fatima bento 03-08-2002 02:21 PM

good for you, lindarella! (good for all of us too!)

I really liked to read what you wrote. Plus: made me continue to believe that I'm right when I think I can do it to.::-)::
Thanks!!

Fatima:cat:

Jole Blond 03-10-2002 04:24 AM

:confused:I keep seeing references to the flylady, but as of yet, I have been unable to access her site. The url shown keeps coming up as unable to show this page. Any suggestions?