Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Getting Organized > Organizing

Organizing Needs hints and tips on organizing your house? Are you a clutterbug or do you pile things instead of filing things? Help out where you have succeeded or ask for help from this great group of friends!

View Poll Results: Is the FlyLady form of organzing and decluttering working for you?
Yes, I love it, I've never had a cleaner house! 47 53.41%
No, the emails drove me batty! 6 6.82%
Yes and No. I couldn't stand the constant emails, but I have implemented some of the ideas! 20 22.73%
No, it's nothing I wasn't already doing. 3 3.41%
Never heard of it! 13 14.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-27-2002, 10:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

chuckle a SORTA FLYBABY

Well gals,

I Was on her email list, and printed out the routines. I was crawling my way through them, but then we switched our computer over and I failed to re-subscribe. I am still getting those routines down, even with a sick dog and new flooring put in.....but have a long way to go. I need to go dig out the notebook and get back on track. Thanks for the boot in the back-side to get me goin' again

HSma
Old 05-11-2002, 04:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Just thought ya'll would like to know that FLY_LADY is featured in an article in the June 4 2002 issue of Womans Day Magazine!

I believe that you can view the article online at www.womansday.com
Old 05-13-2002, 07:45 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Flylady gave me lots of good ideas

I like to adapt ideas to my needs and Flylady has been a great help. My mom and I are opposites in our approach to homekeeping. She always had everything neat on the surface, but don't dare open a drawer! I am not kidding--I grew up with a puffer fish in our linen closet I like things neat beneath the surface but seem to have no trouble achieving the lived-in look. My latest project is out on the table but the silverware drawer is perfect! Flylady has really helped me with the daily picking up. :p

Before I ever heard of Flylady, I had a set of tapes from Pam and Peggy called Slob Sisters. The tapes were a riot
Old 05-14-2002, 04:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

fly lady

Hi. Ladies I found junes magzine. It neat seeing the person who teaching fly lady stuff. I haven't got her book yet I guess I should to had to my clutter or how to orangize and clean books. You name it I probly got it LOL's.

Hope you all have a nice day,

This be Tree
Old 05-17-2002, 01:00 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Wow, this is incredible. On a previous forum I belonged to we were not allowed to share any program that was working for us and ladies what good is it if you can't share and recieve support. Thank you!

I too started out with "The Slob Sisters" and I guess I was way before my time because those cards drove me up a wall so I put the same information into my daily planner and oh my what a difference my entire life took on. Following a tragic accident I fell completely off the system for several years, even lost my planner all together. Now with the help of Flylady and her pushy humor it has literally pulled me out of that depression and out of that bed and really made me remember how wonderful my life was and shall be again.

I'm far from considering myself a success but it's getting there, one small baby step at a time. For Mothers Day I asked my 3 boys to purchase me a new planner but after seeing the prices I'm on the hunt for my old one. The style hasn't even changed. I just can't wait to get it all back together again. Life was so much simpler and enjoyable that way. The routines got so automatic that my days weren't normal without them.
Old 05-17-2002, 03:35 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

From everything I've read on the FlyLady site, I pretty much do things that way already.....not always, but the little things like shining my sink before bed, always cleaning the stove when I do dishes, doing things in 15 minute increments, etc....my mom always cleaned as she went and her house was and is always perfect. I've never seen her go into a fit of cleaning and have never once seen any clutter in her house. For a long time when I was on my own, I think I felt so free that I just let the clutter gather. I'm paying for it now and have married a clutterer, too, but...............one thing that I learned from the FlyLady site that I wasn't doing was get a shower first thing and get dressed. I would put that off until last thing before I left the house. So, this week I've been heading straight to the shower after rolling out of my bed and making it. It's made ALL the difference in the world. I feel like I'm gaining hours in my day!! Then when I sit down with my coffee, I'm ready for anything. I'm dressed and ready to go. It feels so good!!!! I am so glad I took a look at her site and maybe one of these days I'll take the dive and let her send me emails. We'll see. Organizing is coming along pretty well right now and I'm pretty much down to the stuff that only DH can get rid of, so I'm basically just rearranging the clutter right now. lol There's no way I'm throwing out his stuff, though. He would know.
Old 05-22-2002, 05:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Ok, Ok, I'll look at her site!;-)
Old 05-22-2002, 07:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

chuckle

Good for you, Rennee!
Let us know what you thought about it, ok

{{{hugs}}}

Fatima
Old 05-29-2002, 07:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I've lurked on the site and today I signed up for the EMails. They are already overwhelming!

I do think that all children should have something to rebel against and I think I will rebel against putting on my shoes! That is why that rule is in there, right? LOL To give me something to rebel against!
Old 05-30-2002, 03:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Renee

Why dont you sign for the digested emails? I'm sure you can switch I do wear the shoes... and I'm trying, but I guess I'm one of the worste cases of chaos . But I wont quit! I'll do it or I'll die trying -lol
Hang in there, gal!

Fatima