Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Organizing Needs hints and tips on organizing your house? Are you a clutterbug or do you pile things instead of filing things? Help out where you have succeeded or ask for help from this great group of friends!

View Poll Results: Is the FlyLady form of organzing and decluttering working for you?
Yes, I love it, I've never had a cleaner house! 47 53.41%
No, the emails drove me batty! 6 6.82%
Yes and No. I couldn't stand the constant emails, but I have implemented some of the ideas! 20 22.73%
No, it's nothing I wasn't already doing. 3 3.41%
Never heard of it! 13 14.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Mystery Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Haven't been on this thread for a while--just thought I'd say hi!

To return to the Guess Who Game or learn how to play this fun game click here!

Who is our Mystery Guest this week? Take a guess!
click here to submit your guess!
Please remember to submit only one guess per day. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I saw a reference to flylady.net on fc yesterday and signed up immediately. My house is utter chaos most of the time. It drives my dh batty. I'm on the first step to a shiny sink right now. I hope this plan works for me...actually, I hope I stick to the plan, I know it will work if I do it.

Have a great day!

Mindy

Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens...Chinese Fortune Cookie
Old 02-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Mindy,
I am on and off with Flylady, but I would have to say, certain bits do stick with me and when Ithink hwo bad it is , I realise how much better than I used to be. I do plan to get stuck in there really well again.

All the best. Keep posting how you are going. I will be your cheer squad!
Old 02-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I just noticed this thread for the first time..I, too, have been flying on and off for years..I like all of it and it does help to get things done..only thing I couldn't do was to put shoes on first thing in the a.m...just not a shoe person...lol...I do all that pertains to me and my household but am guilty of not reading all the testimonials..or daily musing..I just don't have that much time to spend on the site..especially since I found FC and spend so much time on here....

Name:  on line ldy.gif
Views: 46
Size:  24.9 KB
Old 02-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Meg, Thanks! I'll need a cheer squad. I really want to do better with my house. I want to pass good house cleaning skills on to my dd's. And it would make my dh very happy if I kept the house presentable! He doesn't expect perfection, but he would like to not be embarrassed if someone rings the doorbell.

Have a great day!

Mindy

Old 02-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thumbs up Flylady

Hi All,
Just had to jump in here & put in in my 2 cents worth! I love Flylady! I've been subscribed for over 4 years now and I can't imagine going back. I just wish I would've found her when I was a younger working mom. It would've made my life so much easier! At first I though her program was just for organizing and cleaning my house but it's oh, sooooo much more! My attitude, (thanks to her "flywashing" messages) about life and love, perfectionism, body clutter, depression, and family harmony has made me grow as a person and has helped make my family's lives better. She goes way beyond a shiny sink (even though that's a great start)!

Good luck with your efforts, Mindy!
Mari
Old 02-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Mari, Thanks! What's the best tip you've gotten from Flylady?

Have a great day!

Mindy

Old 02-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy face Mindy/Flylady

Hi! I was on the tidyhouse thread yesterday and mentioned Flylady ...Im glad that u decided to join! While the emails DO and Can get overwhelming....her information is wonderful. I've done her steps...not always faithfully...but they do work and help a lot. 2 of the best ideas for me are...when u buy something new,throw or give one thing away....and dont keep it if u dont absolutely love it! those 2 things help me a great deal...and I must say that I love my shiny sink,lol. Have a good time with babysteps...and happy flying!

Hugs,
Elaine

David's wife Elaine

Old 02-10-2007, 05:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Mindy--
Yay for you for joining Flylady!! I joined about 2 years ago, and although I don't follow absolutely everything every day, I do manage to get in the basics and adapt everything else to what works for me. I'm a big fan of the shiny sink--I REALLY love how much cleaner my kitchen looks and feels with just that one step! And it does seem that everything else starts to follow with just that one thing--kind of tough to look at cluttered counters with such a pretty sink, and hate to leave mail, etc. on the kitchen table when the counters look so nice, and on and on!!
I don't always have time to read all of her testimonials, etc., but when I do, I tend to find them very uplifing and inspirational. Since joining Flylady, I find that I am a lot more organized. My "control journal" isn't actually a journal--it's 7 slips of paper with my daily tasks written on them for the week. I keep it very basic, and then add things specific to a given week, like writing Christmas cards and wrapping gifts at Christmas time, and gardening chores in the summer.
Anyway, I'm rambling, but I wish you the best of luck with Flylady!! I was kind of excited to see a new post on this thread. Hope it works well for you, and keep us posted! I'll be cheering for you too
Old 02-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Mindy asked about the "best tip from Flylady."

I think for me, it was the "swish & swipe in the bathroom each morning." The bathroom is so easy to let get away from me. But keeping the sink & toilet wiped each day (and I use those unfrugal Lysol wipes, bought on sale) makes such a difference! To me, that was a bigger deal than the kitchen sink thing.

I am a shoe wearer--the only one in my family--so that was not hard for me at all.

I don't have time for all those emails right now, but I am working at this point on nailing down my routines, and using the website once a week to list the "weekly mission" jobs in my planner. Last week, being sick, it all went out the window except meals, bathroom swish & swipe, and laundry. Soon as I am feeling better I will jump back in.

I do miss her encouraging messages, though. She's a great motivator.