Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Organizing Needs hints and tips on organizing your house? Are you a clutterbug or do you pile things instead of filing things? Help out where you have succeeded or ask for help from this great group of friends!

View Poll Results: Is the FlyLady form of organzing and decluttering working for you?
Yes, I love it, I've never had a cleaner house! 47 53.41%
No, the emails drove me batty! 6 6.82%
Yes and No. I couldn't stand the constant emails, but I have implemented some of the ideas! 20 22.73%
No, it's nothing I wasn't already doing. 3 3.41%
Never heard of it! 13 14.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Futureteacher--What seems to help me is that I do 15 minutes in each room. I am always surprised how much you can do in 15 minutes. I love to watch tv, it use to be that those days that I was in my couch potatoe mode nothing would get done. So I started getting things done during the comercials. The kids think that this is funny or that Mom is crazy.

Melly
Old 05-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Flylady

One of the hardest things for me to have done since joining Flylady in Sept. 2002 was setting up the control journal. I resisted but now I'd be lost without it! But of course, that's only one of the tools she's shown me-I think overall that her system is great. And yes, some weeks I'll go without doing a House Blessing (for example). but I know it's not the beginning of c.h.a.o.s.-LOL

Maria
Old 05-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I'm still here, and still fluttering. Usually manage to swish and swipe, keep the kitchen sink shiny, make the bed, and keep up with the laundry. Dearly still does the majority of the house chores, tho, as all my energy is still focused on my job.

My control journal is a homemade job...which sits on my desk and gathers dust, lol. But, the journals don't have to be perfect, just whatever works for YOU. A looseleaf binder with tabs to make my own sections is what works for me.

"If your life seems to be all tangled up, stop struggling...sit still...God will untie the knots." __author unknown
Old 05-06-2005, 04:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

By the way, Joyce, I LOVE your quote!!

Not only did I manage to get my bed made before I left the house, I got up early enough to change the sheets and put the "old" ones in the wash before I left for work. For me, this is a big accomplishment! My time in the morning is usually pretty tight, but I'm TRYING to train myself to get up just 15 minutes earlier so I can get a few things done. I really like the 15-minutes-at-a-time idea, and this seems to be a good time to squeeze in an extra 15 minutes. We'll see how it goes.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 05-06-2005, 06:50 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Futureteacher--I am the opposite I get alot done in the morning and nothing done at night. For some reason I always wake up at 4:30 and I start working on the house. Everyone else wakes up between 6:00 and 8:30. Dh is the last to leave the house, and after he leaves I work on the bedroom. My energy level is not what it use to be, I have put on about 15 pounds and that affects how much energy I have. I guess I just need to work on my exercising 15 minutes at a time also.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Melly
Old 05-09-2005, 06:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I think I had a FlyLady moment over the weekend! One of my biggest "hot spots" is my car. Between having a full-time job, living out a ways and being back in school, I seem to be running all the time. And things that land in my car amidst all of the craziness have a tendency to stay there. BUT I have been doing the Clean Car Boogies each Friday since I have been doing FlyLady. Okay, not EVERY Friday, but pretty regularly. And it has made a difference! And on Mother's Day, when I picked my Mom up for church, she commented on how clean my car is! My Mom, the most clean, organized person I know, complimented ME! Anyway, it felt so good! And I have to admit, it is nice to get in my car and have it not be a junk pile.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:21 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

futureteacher--good job on the car clean up.

melly
Old 05-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have been a flybaby for a little over 1 1/2 years. I have never, and I mean NEVER had my house this organized in my whole life. It is amazing at what you can get done 15 minutes at a time. I never let the e-mails overwhelm me. I just do what I can do. No pressure on myself to "catch up" because as flylady says "you are never behind"

If you haven't tried flylady....give it an honest shot. You will be amazed at how much it will change your life.

Take Care,

"I can do anything 15 minutes at a time"
www.flylady.net
Old 05-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks, Chris, glad you like my little take on life. Someone told me where the quote originated, but darned if I can remember, sigh. It's not one of my own, tho...but, it is the way I plan to get old...older, that is. Good job with the car...I know it felt good to have your mom notice it.

My favorite FlyLady quote is "Even housework done improperly still blesses your family." That one really means a lot to me.

"If your life seems to be all tangled up, stop struggling...sit still...God will untie the knots." __author unknown
Old 05-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Finally I have made a bit of control journal progress! I haven't decided what I will be putting them in yet, but I have started to write out my daily routines. It's a start! Or maybe I should say a "babystep!" LOL!