Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Getting Organized > Organizing

Organizing Needs hints and tips on organizing your house? Are you a clutterbug or do you pile things instead of filing things? Help out where you have succeeded or ask for help from this great group of friends!

View Poll Results: Is the FlyLady form of organzing and decluttering working for you?
Yes, I love it, I've never had a cleaner house! 47 53.41%
No, the emails drove me batty! 6 6.82%
Yes and No. I couldn't stand the constant emails, but I have implemented some of the ideas! 20 22.73%
No, it's nothing I wasn't already doing. 3 3.41%
Never heard of it! 13 14.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-14-2002, 08:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello, fellow flybabys!

I really don't rembember when I first got to flylady, I was in such a deep depression and it total chaos, I could hardly function, much less note the date. Anyway, so i dont launch into a pity party for myself, let me just say that flylady has helped pull me up from a great depression and has helped me to bless my family and bless God. I do not wear lace up shoes (please dont tell her), but, I do not do anything until I am up, dressed, face cleaned, hair brushed, teeth, etc, which leads me out of my bathroom to my bedroom, which means the bed gets made. Now, I might not do this first thing,(I amworking on that), but, it is all a part of state of mind. When foundations are laid, that is when healthy homes are built. Anyway, i dont actually shine my sink, I simply wipe it down when I clean the ktchen. And i do not do zone work yet, but, Iam getting there I think the key is to take her ideas (yes, emails and all, I simply delete) and make something that works for you God bless flylady and all of us flybabys, lets have a great day Finally Loving Yourself=FLYlady.............
Old 03-14-2002, 10:53 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Another FlyBaby here.

I've been with FlyLady for over a year now. I receive the digest form also. FlyLady herself will tell you to delete her e-mails at will!
For me just seeing her digests in my in-box reminds me not to slack off!

I don't follow everything she suggests. I don't feel badly about it either, because she stresses developing your own routine....
for what fits your life.

My home has never been this clean and organized in the whole 27 yrs I've been married. My dh is BO [Born Organized], he has put up with a lot thru the years while my home was not so clean and neat.

Not too long ago I had the strangest feeling of unrest. I didn't have anything that needed done at all in the house!!!!!

Everything was clean, organized, dinner over, sink shiny,laundry totally caught up and put away,candles were burning, my house never looked this good before [even when we were about to have a party] and here it was, a Wednesday nite, and there wasn't anything that needed doing!!

I work full-time in a factory and clean homes for other people 3 nites a week. Even with a busy life I have never have had this much time to do whatever I wanted to do, not what I had to do, before.

I owe it all to FlyLady and those pesky reminders.

*~* Debbie *~*
Old 03-14-2002, 03:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Flapping at least!

I have been trying to fly since Oct. I see results. I have "collected" stuff for a long time. If I can't de-clutter it, I just move on to the next until I can. There is progress! My husband has even noticed! I love it. I delete emails like mad. I love the testimonials - esp. the ones from people like me who are not instantly flying! I still struggle to remember to lay out my clothes the night before - everything else in my bedtime routine I can do w/o thinking about it! It just helps to know I am not behind and I can do it! I just need to keep at it.
Old 03-14-2002, 05:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have had her site bookmarked but haven't been back to it since I did that--I think I've been afraid. But it sounds like this has been somewhat beneficial to several of you, so I think I will register!
Old 03-15-2002, 11:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Julie, do try it. Flylady doesn't mind if it doesn't work, just unsubscribe. It is wonderful. This weekend into next week the reminders will all be off because the yahoo groups server is having work done, so give it at least a week or so! Joann
Old 03-15-2002, 12:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I will. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-16-2002, 09:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Flylady is AWESOME!

I for one,am a big supporter of flylady and the ladies that run everything involved with flylady. Marla has helped so much,that it is hard to begin. From taking care of myself,to having a lot of Ah-Ha moments!!! I think of cleaning my house as a blessing instead of a chore that never ends and keeps getting messed up. I have my family involved in it,with there chore charts and my DD knows that I love the flylady,the purple lady with wings,lol
Three of my friends have signed up and got hooked on flylady. It canhelp the most organized person,because you may be organizing clutter! If you don'tlove then heave Ho! My self esteem has imporved,since I am no longer a martyr in my house,and I am the only one doing it,whine!!! People can catch her internet radio shows like i have,and got to hear her talk. That was awesome,to hear the real voice behind the reminders. If people make up there own system,that is just there routines. Like she wants us to put into effect. All in all,I give flylady a A plus!!!
Old 03-16-2002, 02:37 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

FlyLady & related sites

I was just wondering if anyone out there had done the "Motivated Moms" series that was out way before Flylady.
This was a great notebook and I must say, many of Flylady's ideas seem very close to the routines and ideas MM had put out.

Is anyone out here still using Motivated Moms? I still love my set-up and I wondered if Deann and Janet have seen Flylady's site?

It seemed like Flylady started after MM stopped publishing. ? Just wondering...

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 03-16-2002, 05:43 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

FLYBaby Fluttering...

I've been "FLYing" for almost two months, and never would I have believed I could do this!! I used to welcome people to "CHAOS" whenever they'd come to the door, never realizing it meant "Can't Have Anybody Over Syndrome"...LOL! Well, it's a wonderful feeling to see my clean shiny sink every morning when I come down to my coffee that's already brewing, because I set it up the night before - the routines just keep me going. My family is getting the hang of it, too, and who'd a thunk that after almost 19 years of wedded bliss, I'd be able to get DH to put his dishes in the dishwasher!! My kids are no longer embarrassed to have their friends over, and my weekends are now fun, instead of stressful. I will be going through FLYlady withdrawal this weekend, though...can't wait til next week when the notices start coming again!
Old 03-16-2002, 06:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello Flybabies

I'm a flybaby too. Its fun for me to get fly lady email reminders. I'm not soaring yet just flapping my wings . I fall off the wagon on her rountine. But Last Sunday I come to the conclusion something had to be done around here. My husband & I have been having problems the house for one. I feeling alot of pressure. But with flylady help. my hubby and I are working things outs. With our work sedchule and homeschooling. I'm starting the 1 hour 30 min. blessing everyother day. This is what I do it in that in 10 min. entervals
1. pickup
2. Vaccum 1 room real good
3. Vaccum thru out the house quickly
4. Mop floors (Starting with the room I vaccum allover, Then hit the high spots in the other room)
5. Clear off hot spots
6. Dust
7. Clean Mirrors, Sliding door, or window
8. Take a 10 min. break

Now I need to kill my laundry monster)

This be Tree