Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Getting Organized > Organizing

Organizing Needs hints and tips on organizing your house? Are you a clutterbug or do you pile things instead of filing things? Help out where you have succeeded or ask for help from this great group of friends!

View Poll Results: Is the FlyLady form of organzing and decluttering working for you?
Yes, I love it, I've never had a cleaner house! 47 53.41%
No, the emails drove me batty! 6 6.82%
Yes and No. I couldn't stand the constant emails, but I have implemented some of the ideas! 20 22.73%
No, it's nothing I wasn't already doing. 3 3.41%
Never heard of it! 13 14.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-10-2002, 06:27 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I just tried and it came up fine for me Here's the link again!
http://www.flylady.net/

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 03-10-2002, 09:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Location: I'm somewhere between the Port of Indecision & Southwest of Disorder
I just read your post and immediately tried it again and it still came up as page cannot be displayed. I don't know a great deal about computers, but that is the only page that I have never been able to bring up and I have tried at various times on different days, not just today. I guess that it isn't meant for me to.
Old 03-10-2002, 11:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I just tried the link and it worked fine for me. Are you clicking on the url above or are you retyping it in? If you are typing it make sure you are not putting in any extra spaces. Here is the link again, just click on it:

www.flyLady.net

If you get the message that the page can not be displayed again, try hitting your refresh button and see if that helps.
Old 03-10-2002, 11:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Location: I'm somewhere between the Port of Indecision & Southwest of Disorder

I just tried it again. And IT WORKED! I always click on the link if it is available and I did the refresh bit each time. I don't know what the problem was, but I finally made it and I put it into my favorites. I don't have the time now to read it all. I am going to help plan a baby shower for my granddaughter that is close to ready to present me with a great-granddaughter. Thanks for your help and have a Jesus blessed day.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:02 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky FLYing while working

I have been FLYing since last year October. Since i work full day, it has been interesting to say the least. I delete many of the messgaes, since I am still learning. I have taken some of the steps to heart though, such as shining my sink, laying my clothes out before bed, getting up earlier than my hubby.
To a degree this is working, but it is slow and painful. I think my biggest crisis is I do not have internet at home, and by the time I get home from work, the info I read during my day, and had great plans of doing sort of dissolves.

But we will get here, slowly. This elephant of CHAOS will be eaten one bite at a time!!

Old 03-13-2002, 09:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks, Kimmyo, Your response about it being nothing that your mother hadn't already told you hit home with me. My mother is a "cleanie", she does this stuff all the time and has never heard of the Fly Lady!! But I'm like you in that I just "forgot" most of those things.
I have a question for the group: How is it that a person can be raised in a "cleanie" environment, and then still become a "messie"? Any ideas?

Caroline
Old 03-13-2002, 10:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

blushing Sorry about the length...

Well, caroline, one CAN be raised in a "cleanie" environment and still be a "messie" . And the explanation is not that simple: it might be from fear of becoming your mom, to self sabotage, or low self esteem... or all of them togather, wich is MY case. I guess there are lots of other explanations - only you can figure out what is your case...
My mother was a deffnite "cleanie", but not organized at all. I remember she was always doing something, or about to do something, and was allways too tired and anxious, and nervous... and she had help ! My grannie used to live with us, and she cooked and did all the laundry , and there was someone who would come over twice a week to clean. But she was always occupied!!
I did myself the promise not to be like my mom when I grew up. As I cant afford for someone to come over to help cleaning, and as I have no help, whatsoever, the result is this: total chaos! And I had no one to teach me how to do things the right way. Maybe that is why I'm so happy with beeing a flybaby.
And I can do all the pseudo-intellectual readings to it, wich are not too flatering on me, but I do need this kind of guidance And I do needed someone to tell me that I deserved to feel good about myself, I deserve to be pretty and feel ok, even if I'm not perfect. And as me, apparantly, lots and lots of people do. I guess you could say that says a lot about our society...
Fatima
Old 03-13-2002, 12:22 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Flylady

HI everyone, I have been a flybaby since last August and I love it! I still have a long way to go, but I have established a lot of new habits and routines that have made a great difference in my home!
Old 03-14-2002, 07:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jole Blond
I keep seeing references to the flylady, but as of yet, I have been unable to access her site. The url shown keeps coming up as unable to show this page. Any suggestions?
Hi, Jole
I am not sure if this might be the problem, but, note that the address is flylady. NET and not flylady.COM...... this might help, hope so, and good luck
www.flylady.net
Old 03-14-2002, 07:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally posted by ajrsmom
I dont really know how to answer the poll, LOL !! Yes, I am subscribed to it. No, I dont follow it (at least much of it) but I have been devising my own plan so I guess she has helped. The really bad part is that I feel guilty of I get rid of the program because I didnt really try to make it through it. Talk about being batty !!!

Since I am so unorganized, I guess this makes me feel a little better about things. Funny what a little thing will do,huh ?

Just reading this, I sound like a basket case

UGH !!! Lifes LITTLE problems
You are a basket case, sweetie, that is why you fit in so well with us and why we love you so much!
LOL, kidding, you know we all have our days. are we going walking today? (maybe you could follow behind me in the car!)