Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Organizing Needs hints and tips on organizing your house? Are you a clutterbug or do you pile things instead of filing things? Help out where you have succeeded or ask for help from this great group of friends!

Old 12-30-2002, 06:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello Angela in ID,we keep our legos in the tubs they came in they stack nicely.My son also has some sets that he keeps together.And when he want to takes them apart and puts them back together again.He does this regularly.Then all I have to keep track of is the instruction books.I just keep them in the file cabinet.
Emmalee in Homedale,ID
Old 12-30-2002, 11:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My DD has tons of lego's too....the way I keep it all organized is i take the LARGE sized zipper lock bags and put the different sets in each bag....then put the bags in a large storage container.
This works great. (Hope it Helps)

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND, AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE
Old 12-30-2002, 06:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Bilby, do you recall the name of that sorter bin you saw on ebay. Sound like a good investment in our "lego world". Two boys, lots of doting family (not to mention mom & dad!) and thousands of legos. The boys also save up their money for new sets now and then. Plus I add to them whenever I find them at garage sales (which is rarely). Could probably fill a 50 gallon garbage can! So a sorter would be a HUGE hit in this house.
:p
Old 12-30-2002, 08:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Vcudnik, Here's one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3103809332

The holes look big though, don't they? And it's used.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:49 PM
Assistant Moderator

Sorry vcudnik
It was Angela who saw that sorta bin I'm sure she can help. I thought it was a nifty idea too
Old 12-31-2002, 07:53 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lego sorter

That was the same sorter I had read about before, but I had not seen a picture. I agree, the holes do seem a bit large. Goodness knows some of those Lego pieces are small! I had seen someone (probably a business) selling them new on e-bay as well.

You ladies are full of great ideas. I guess this is a household problem everywhere!

Angela
"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26
Old 12-31-2002, 01:22 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have boys who are now 14 and 16 and the 16 year old still constructs with the legoes; we bought containers at Home Depo a few years ago that are about 18 by 24 inches, heavy plastic that have sections with moveable dividers that will suit whatever the needs for a particular size for the small stuff and has a built in handle...sort of like a tackle box; the bigger pieces go into a clear storage box. My boys always built their sets and then didn't mind mixing them up because they would create items not in the 'books'; They would have the knights fighting the space guys with cowboys coming to the rescue and such. A few things they built they would leave constructed and just set them on the dresser for 'decor'. Also, now they use the videocamera to set up freeze frame sequences of battles and the results are so funny!! We have K'nex,too which are so great as well but they come with nice storage boxes.
Well, I am a mom of a 6 year old daughter,too, and I don't think 'boy toys' come close to the millions of tiny pieces of doll accessories and kitchen toys that girls have to play with!!!!
Old 01-06-2003, 07:20 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilby
Hi Angela
Wow, a real legoland now that would be cool, your kids would be really excited, just don't say it too loud or my 2 may hear you and want to go too! :-D
...........I think we have just a little too much distance to cover for that! ROFLMAO
I have anxiously watched the growing number of Legoland Theme Parks and I keep up by going to this site...Maybe you would like to see what's new with Legolands,too?

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/legoland

/8-)
Old 01-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Assistant Moderator

Thanks Julia
I will take a peak at that site and see what's there.... but I think I would still have to go overseas.
We do have Lego displays in the shopping centres every now and then when the school holidays come around.
Kathy
Old 04-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My DS has been keeping his Legos in a couple of large bins under his table (he actually has a table in his room for building on, or playing board games, or whatever). DH thinks it's crazy for him to have a table but he USES it! Anyway, he mixes his sets because he almost never builds what's in the set. He uses the pieces according to his imagination. So they were all jumbled together.

Today I got him a 3-drawer rolling cart. I want him to sort the pieces in whatever way makes sense to him, and put them in there. The uncovered bin under the table was inviting trouble. So we'll see how this works.