Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Organizing Needs hints and tips on organizing your house? Are you a clutterbug or do you pile things instead of filing things? Help out where you have succeeded or ask for help from this great group of friends!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Assistant Moderator

chuckle organizing digital photos

I can't keep all our photos on the computer. What different ways are there to store digital photos?
Old 09-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Connie I burn mine to a CD and I also back them up an external hard drive.
Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-21-2008, 04:08 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

One of my favorite things to dp with digital photos is to make slide show DVDs. There are so many great programs available right nw that are easy to use (I use Showbiz). Besdies being able to add pictures, you can also add your own text and also songs.

I also back-up all of my pictures on an external hard drive!
Old 09-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

"Thumb drives" can be found pretty cheaply, on sale, and can store a good amount of photos. If you don't have a DVD burner this is a good option.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Another great way to store digital photos is to upload them to a photo site like snapfish. com or shutterfly, plus those place will also print 4x6 prints of your digital photos cheaply. Right now the 4x6 photo prints are 9 cents a print. I do that with my photos besides transferring them to cdr's and making slideshows and photo cd's. Also they can print your images on all kind of items and do enlargements for so much too. It is a great way to back up photos and also a great way to have prints done of your digital photos and it saves on having to buy ink to print photos yourself. There are other photo sites which also store photo images you upload which also print digital photos, just don't know all the names of the sites. Anyway, thought I would share the info. with those who don't know about them. We also have a zip drive that is usb and it stores all kind of things including photos.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I store all my photos on cd.
They are easy to store this way, and you can view them or print them anytime.
I use the jpg format, this way they open on any computers.
Don't forget to label your cd.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Photos on CD play on TV without software

Photos > CD > DVD player > TV

This does not seem to be well known but it works for me and my DVD player is 6 years old.

In a file folder collect JPGs for your album.
Burn the JPGs to a CD.
Insert CD into DVD player and it flips through the album on the TV.
I guess the software is in the DVD player. My DVD player is 6 years old. I also burnt the File Folders with pics and a menu comes up on the TV, tho it is awkward and I prefer a CD with images only, no folders.