FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Organizing (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/organizing/)
-   -   Lost the Desire to Declutter-NEED HELP!!! (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/organizing/23740-lost-desire-declutter-need-help.html)

danstigerangel 01-09-2010 12:38 PM

One room a month sounds like a good plan Roberta. I started some minor decluttering in the kitchen this morning. I have to clean out the cabinets. What pans, etc. I haven't used in several months are going down in the basement. I hate to do that because I worry I will forget about them. lol

RobertaD 01-09-2010 05:01 PM

What about putting a list up on an inside cabinet Lauri that has listed the things you took downstairs and where they are to find easily?

Roberta

bar_bar 01-09-2010 05:20 PM

to those that needs to downsize and declutter, do it before one day something really happens, and you do not have the desire to do it, such as death of a mate.
Then you really don't feel like doing it.
Life could change, and you really don't know how to do it.
I think of those times I could of done it more, and didn't.
Now after John's death I have to downsize, no if's about it, and it very hard to do it.
Going from one size to another sizse, one kind of life to another kind of life.
to a house to a room, living with my dd and gkids.

so get busy and declutter your life when you are feeling like doing it and can, for one day, you could look up and life comes to a dead stop for you.

If I sound rude, forgive me, just giving a bit of advice, and looking back at times I wished I had and didn't.
Now I have to, and yes, it still hard on me, but it necessary now. Where before It would been nice if I did. I did in peices but now it in leaps and bounds I have to.

does this make sense?

Sammi1961 01-13-2010 07:51 AM

Bar_Bar, you gave some very good advice. My brothers and I are in the process of cleaning out my parents'home - (they have both passed away) and since my mom did not get rid of clutter etc. we are dealing with tons and tons of things. I think she saved every birthday card, Valentine, invitation, thank you note, bank statement etc. that she ever recieved not to mention all the other things in the house. We have been working on this house for a year and still have a long ways to go. It is making me realize what is important to save and what really isn't. Sentiment can only go so far so I need to learn to let go.

bar_bar 02-10-2010 03:56 PM

things that John had was not as much as he did save at one time, and I've have found some of my things don't mean nothing after he past away. Life is different when a mate passes, and it does the same after losing a parent.

I was reading somewhere money spend tons of money each yr for storage and never use the stuff. It amazing, we all need to declutter