Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Organizing Needs hints and tips on organizing your house? Are you a clutterbug or do you pile things instead of filing things? Help out where you have succeeded or ask for help from this great group of friends!

Old 06-23-2008, 04:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Cubbies--now that is clever! I have a laptop, so I couldn't set my monitor on it, but I could put it over to the side of the desk and "file" the different papers according to subject. Hmmmm...I'll have to investigate those next time I am in Target.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Nine Year Member

I had to use the shelves because I am using a regular desk to hold my pc. The shoe rack I have is the one with 2 shelves not cubby's. If I had more room near my desk, I would definately do the cubby one too. My monitor and printer are side by side on the top shelf. Then the keyboard tucks under the bottom shelf on the desktop. The computer itself is sitting on the desktop beside the shelves.
If it wasn't so messy right now, I'd take a picture.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:51 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Wow, it sounds like your desktop is set up about the same as mine! Great minds think alike, eh?
Old 07-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have a 4 shelf unit for my kitchen but even with that my piles get out of control.I need some tips to help me keep my counters from getting so messy.I do throw away the junk mail as it comes in,I toss and recyle the kids stuff where I can.I could use your help.
Mish
Old 07-06-2008, 07:19 PM

I have a computer desk. My monitor and scanner sit side by side.
I have a pull out self that the keyboard is on.
And the hard drive sits on the floor underneath, I have a set of selves next to the desk. The printer sits on there and I have extra paper, photo paper, games, telephone, notecards, stamps, etc on the shelves.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-08-2008, 04:49 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

You sound very organized.Way to go.
Mish
Old 07-08-2008, 07:06 PM

Thank you.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I bought the wire racks that hang from a shelf to increase our space. Now when bills come in they automatically get opened and put in there pending payment. Before, they got buried under papers and forgotten.
mom to Connor, Bethany, Hannah, Leah and Patrick
Old 07-13-2008, 04:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Great idea, wicket

I probably should have mentioned before; my desk is in the living room of my home. So it embarrasses me that I don't have a clean, neat area. A rolltop desk is not in the budget. Also, it would be too high, since my desk looks out over a railing into the entryway and family room.

Here is what my desk looks RIGHT NOW. I did clean it yesterday but I think there's a lot of room for improvement. When I get back home in a few days I will have to clean out the inside of the desk and see if I can get some of that desktop stuff away.
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2008, 06:18 AM
Assistant Moderator

It looks better than mine! I cleaned yesterday too. lol My goal is to be able to store my laptop on a bookshelf next to my desk. My desk is a antique teachers desk. I would like to see the desk not all the stuff. My desk is in our living/dining room area too.