Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

One Stop Trade & Swap Do you have items that you do not want? Is there something you are looking for? If so, stop in and see what there is for Trade.

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:41 AM

Wanted For Trade: Homemade Food For Homemade Candle or Soap

We have many talented cooks on here... I am looking for "homemade jams, jellies, pickles, relish, salsa, hamburger buns, loaf of wheat bread, cookies or fudge.

In return for each item in equal value I will send a 8 oz. soy container candle or bar of my homemade goat milk soap.

Each person will be responsible for their own shipping cost.

I think this could be fun and am open to any other "safe" homemade food items that you may have.

Anna
Old 09-06-2008, 06:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Anna, you are too funny!

Do you have a bread machine? Bread is so easy to make with them and I'm sure you could make the hamburger buns.

I can't believe that there are no stores back there that don't sell hamburger buns.

I make pretty good fudge so maybe we could swap. I'll get back to you on that, cause I know you guys watch your sugar intake.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, what about berry granola or granola bars? The granola is fat and salt free. Truly, though, I could just give you the recipe because it is not hard at all to make. On the bread, have you ever made refrigerator rolls? They don't require all the fuss and the dough keeps several weeks, covered in the fridge. You can use the amount you want and have fresh rolls whenever you want them. I make cashew brittle and toffee, also. I don't know if you want all that sugar, though.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:46 PM

Lori Mae

Yes, we have to watch our sugar but we do "indulge" on occassion. Please do let me know.. there is no time limit on this other than I'd say after Christmas when we're all back on the "New Years resolution" to loose all that weight we gained during the holidays .

Oh and No, I no longer have a bread machine... honestly with as busy as our business is I don't have alot of extra time this time of the year to make any of the fun stuff. And No, I even looked at our fancy gourmet food store yesterday and while they had all kinds of homemade breads, there were no hamburger buns. I guess they must think those aren't exciting enough to sell. Oh and the prices on the homemade breads, Ouch!!!

Anna
Old 09-06-2008, 06:50 PM

Jamie

Berry Granola sounds wonderful. I'm up for anything that is homemade foods other than I guess I should say anything that has beef or pork in it.

So if anyone out there makes jerkey, if you make it with turkey or chicken we'd be willing to trade for that too.

Oh and cashew brittle sounds lovely!

Anna
Old 09-06-2008, 06:54 PM

I should also say to give folks a chance to evaluate values in this exchange...

My candles retail for $4.50, my soaps $5.00 so when you are considering equal shares that's something to guide you along on.

We are looking for something like a dozen cookies for a candle, that kind of thing. I'm always making candles but just don't have the time to bake much or do much preserving. I make freezer jam but a nice jar or two of canned jam or jelly sitting in my storage room would be nice.

Anna

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 09-07-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Anna,
I'll let you know about the fudge when I get ready to do it. It could be a week or two I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things after vacation and we are in the peak of our produce out here and I'm planning on doing some canning.

jjoj, I sure would like to have that bread recipe.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Laurie, I would be happy to! It is in one of my church cook books, so I will look it up and post it for you in a little while. It's handy to make for the holidays.
Anna, just let me know if you want to trade and I'll make it. The granola I can put whatever ingredients you like in it, if you like certain nuts or fruits better than others, etc. It is the amount of a full cookie sheet. I usually make cashew brittle, but it could also be pecan or peanut brittle, etc. It makes quite a bit, but not as much as the granola.
Anyway...just let me know if you're interested and I can accustom to what you want. Be back later with the recipe!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

OSI,
I have been canning and making breads 4 the past 2 weeks straight. The jams/jellies have not all set up yet but they have popped and r made. Nothing freezer made. I just love the smell of candles in my home and will b willing 2 trade w u if u r interested in anything, just let me know. So far the only ones that I have made up r Peach, Sweet Cherry, Strawberry lemon marmalade, and Banana Cherry. Anything sound like trading????????????
Old 09-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Here is the roll recipe:
1 pkg yeast
1/2 cup warm water (around 100*)
3/4 cup oil
1 tsp b. soda
3 tsp. b. powder
5 cups flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 cups buttermilk
Sift dry ingredients together. Add yeast and oil to buttermilk. Then add to dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Store covered in refrigerator and pinch off as needed. Keeps up to 2 weeks.
Bake in greased muffin tin at 350* for 25 minutes, or until browned. These are nice and light.

Closed Thread