FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Once A Month Cooking (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/once-month-cooking/)
-   -   OAMC breakfast ideas needed (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/once-month-cooking/3505-oamc-breakfast-ideas-needed.html)

LuvMyFF 08-20-2002 10:35 AM

OAMC breakfast ideas needed

I am looking for make ahead breakfast ideas. I already make panakes, waffles, and french toast. I just can't seem to get motivated in the morning to cook.

;-) Thanks for any ideas

LuvMyFF
(())

amyphoto 08-20-2002 05:37 PM

Hi LuvMyFF,
So you already make pancakes, waffles, and french toast and freeze them? You could also make up the mix for scrambled eggs the night before and cover it and put it in the fridge. Who are you making breakfast for, your dh, kids, if so how old are the kids? Do you have a microwave? scrambled eggs can be microwaved really easily if you do it in small increments and stir often.

I don't get up and make breakfast myself for my dh, he eats cereal. . . and every week or so I make 'breakfast' for dinner, like tonight, we had pancakes, potatoes, and bacon.

Hope this helps!::-)::

LuvMyFF 08-20-2002 05:43 PM

Hi Amy!

I do have 3 children(4 if you include dh;) ). I have a microwave. I haven't tried to make scrambled eggs in the microwave. I am just looking for some different recipes.

LuvMyFF
(())

amyphoto 08-21-2002 10:31 AM

Oh, ok! I wasn't sure what you asking. . . You could make omelets and add meats, veggies, and cheeses into it. You can mix it all up with the meats and veggies and just add the cheese in the morning while you're cooking. I'll look into my recipes and see what I can find. . . so you're looking for fast recipes that are easy, and possibly could be started the night before??? . . . or just something different? The reason I asked how old your kids are is because I figured if they were old enough and you premixed the eggs to be scrambled that they could do it themselves in the microwave.

LuvMyFF 08-21-2002 01:46 PM

my kids are all under 4. I have one recipe that I have tried and it is an overnight oatmeal recipe. My kids thought that it was ok. I personally don't like oatmeal. So I guess the answer to your question is just something different. I like the egg dish ideas. what would you store them in and how long would you reheat them in the mocrowave. Dh is a fire fighter and leaves for work very early in the am and I would love for him to have something quick and easy as well.

Thanks for all of your help

Chrissy

LuvMyFF
(())

SueAnn 08-21-2002 02:41 PM

Here is another idea I don't know about your kids but it would work out for dh. Breakfast burritos. I make a dozen or so and freeze them then kids or dh can microwave them when they want. I just take a Tortilla shell warmed in microwave and make scramble eggs and either bacon sausage ham onion peppers or even salsa to eggs. Then take your warmed shell place slice of cheese whatever kind, on it then top with egg mixture. Roll up and freeze. I microwave 1 min each side. Hope you enjoy.
Sue

LuvMyFF 08-22-2002 06:37 AM

I forgot about those. My kids loved them. :-D So did dh. Thanks so much for the reminder.

Chrissy/
LuvMyFF
(())

LILA 08-24-2002 03:56 AM

Here's a recipe that may help: Your choice of how much you want to make:
Combine eggs scrambled
Green peppers
Onions (optional)
cooked bacon
cooked sausage
and what ever other ingredients you choose. I use mushrooms.

Mix and place in a 9X13 pan. Bake in oven at 325 until hot and cooked.
Remove from oven and cool. cut into squares and wrap individually. In the morning remove them from the freezer and microwave until hot. Serve with toast.

LuvMyFF 08-24-2002 04:09 AM

Thank you so very much. I am getting ready to do a breakfast cooking session and I will add this to it.

Thanks again:-D

LuvMyFF
(())

Robin whittington 08-24-2002 06:23 AM

:daisy: I belong to a Mom's group and we meet failry early in the mornings. We have a brunch every other week. I don't have time in the mornings to fix anything since I've got two in school and have to take them. The third one starts preschool this week.
I have found that there are several yummy breakfast casseroles that are great and all I have to do is prepare them the night before and pop in the oven the next morning while we are getting ready. They aren't hard to fix.
You might want to consider something like this. Then again you may find that it's not actually the cooking you dread but the mess and clean up after that is really the problem. I've been there and done that.
Good Luck! Robin