Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Once A Month Cooking Whether you cook for a month or just double your dinners, this is the place to share ideas.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-24-2002, 06:40 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

recipes

Here is one that I make the night before and then just warm up the next morning. It has become a must for Christmas morning!

6 slices of bread - torn into pieces
6 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1 lb. sausage, cooked, crumbled, and drained
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Put bread in a lightly greased casserole dish. Add sausage and cheese. Mix beaten eggs and milk together and pour over dish. Place in oven at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until done. Let cool, wrap, and place in refrigerator. Unwrap and place in oven next morning for about 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees or put in microwave. Enjoy!
Old 08-24-2002, 08:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Here's a recipe I found at a site called lazygourmet.com. I haven't tried it yet, but only because I don't have any apples! But I'm going to the store today to get some and will be putting it on tonight. The site has a lot of great recipes for crockpots, which would be a good way to give your family a hot breakfast without a lot of fuss.

The recipe is called Crockpot Breakfast Cobbler

Skip the granola bar on the run and sit down to a warm bowl of breakfast cobbler.

2 cups sliced apple
2 cups granola cereal
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp. melted butter
Mix all ingredients in crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours.
Note: Makes 4 servings

Also, the breakfast burrito things are great. My kids love them. They love the breakfast ones, stuffed with egg, bacon/sausage, and cheese, and also the ham and cheese ones. Just chop up some ham, add shredded cheese, and roll. You can make these ahead of time and freeze them. There's also a recipe for them if you actually want a baked crust (like Hot Pockets); let me know if you want it.
Old 08-24-2002, 08:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Oh, that breakfast cobbler sounds good!
I'm all for easy and tasty! I belong to that Lazy Gourmet but must have missed that posting. Thanks for sharing. Robin
Old 08-25-2002, 04:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

breakfast

so what is the web address to the lazy gourmet? I tried lazygourmet.com and that wasn't it.
Old 08-25-2002, 04:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Try this recipe for the little ones:

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...light=poptarts

Heres the link to the lazy gourmets site:

www.lazygourmets.com

Old 08-25-2002, 06:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Oops! Sorry 'bout that! Forgot my "s." My apologies.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:10 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Recipe for hot pocket...

Triadha, I would love to have the recipe for the Hot Pockets! My daughter absolutely loves them but I'm not crazy about the cost of them. She asked me if I could try to make them on my own but I'm not very good at duplicating something unless I have a recipe.

That Crockpot Breakfast Cobbler sounds wonderful! I'll have to try that one this week! I'll bet my kids will love it!

Pam
Old 08-26-2002, 12:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I got the recipe from a lady on another board; I haven't tried it yet either! Guess I need to start making these things before I pass them around....

She just uses a plain pizza dough recipe and fills with leftovers or whatever. It is:

Proof yeast in 1/4 cup of water with 1 tsp sugar.

Mix together proofed yeast, 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup of water, and 1 tsp salt. Add in flour to make good dough, then knead on floured board (or with stand mixer). The dough should be soft.

I guess, then, just divide in two and flatten, fill, and crimp. She said they freeze well. She bakes at 425ļóbe sure to prick with a fork a few times to allow steam to escape. She said this particular recipe makes two rather large pockets, and the recipe is easily doubled or even tripled.

Guess I will make some of these tonight too!

Made the Breakfast cobbler last nightórave reviews! I'd double the recipe next time though.

The kitchen smelled wonderful this morning!
Old 08-26-2002, 01:05 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured!
FamilyCorner Admirer

WOW. I all the wonderful ideas. I think that this is great. I am hoping to do a mjor breakfast session here soon. I have to wait and see how the money falls.

Once again thanks for all the neat ideas.

LuvMyFF
Old 08-26-2002, 07:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I make my own Hot Pockets! I use the refrigerator dough recipe in the Betty Crocker Cookbook. Always comes out great! My guys like the pepperoni ones best and the homemade ones are great and you can make them smaller or in our case larger than the ones you buy in the stores.