Once a DAY Cooking?

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • I will be making my later today, after lunch. Good for you making your mixes! I need to do cornmeal mix too I'll check in later and "report" in LOL
  • Today I am making my brownie mix and the basic cookie mix that was posted last week in the mater mix forum. Then I think I'll try a batch of either peanut butter or chocolate chip afterward
  • Hey Amanda let us know how the cookies come out! I'm going to try some chocolate chip cookies, but I'm such a Toll House Cookie fan that I'm afraid I won't like them as well!
  • uh huh! I have the same fear! I made the mix today but didn't have time to make a batch, will make one tomorrow. My stupid well froze and we had no water half the danged day. UGH
  • Curious what you think?
    I just posted a Lazy Lasagna recipe in the pasta/sauces section. I usually cook at begining of week for later in the week and refridgerate till that day, but I was curious if you think this would freeze well before the cooking stage? I am not the freezing guru you appear to be, but would love to learn. Tell me what you think in your expert opinion. Thanks for the thoughts.
  • Well this is one I'm actually not sure about. I did a search and found this, but it says to prepare as normal but not to bake it, however most recipes call for cooking the pasta first I would THINK if you have successfully refrigerated it, it should work in the freezer too. Here's what the site had to say:

Can You Freeze Pasta?
    Yes you can! Time-starved cooks benefit by preparing pasta dishes ahead of time and freezing. Combination dishes with red sauce (like lasagne) freeze best. Prepare recipe as directed, but DO NOT BAKE. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Freeze up to two months. To bake, remove plastic wrap and replace foil.

Baking a Frozen Dish

Bake at 350F for 1 hour and 30 minutes

For simple dishes with a sauce, like spaghetti and meatballs, prepare the sauce ahead of time and freeze. Do not freeze the pasta -- most shapes take less than 20 minutes to cook and they taste better freshly prepared.

Baking a Refrigerated Dish
    (thawed in refrigerator after freezing)

Bake at 350F for 1 hour and 15 minutes (Lasagne or Jumbo Shells)
    Bake at 350F for 40 to 50 minutes (Manicotti).
  • Thank You
    Thank you Amanda for going to so much trouble. I really appreciate you finding the information.
  • " freezing guru "

Reading the post that tickled my funnybone. I'm tring to get more meals in the freezer too. I've been reading you two's post. I'm going to have to check out those recipes you 2 mention. Also "freezing guru " Thanks for anwering her qustion for it helped me too on cooking from the freezer."

This be Tree
  • One thing that I have found freezes well and you can buy in bulk is cube steaks. I buy them in bulk spend one time breading them all. Then lay them out on a cooksheet to freeeze, then transfer to freezer containers. We usually have some that night for dinner.
    You need to let them thaw in the refrig befor cooking.

Hope this helps some one
    Smiles
    Denise

• Welcome aboard Denise What type of containers do you use in the freezer? Do you use Tupperware or something else? I have been using freezer bags forever, but am considering switching to containers.