FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Odds & Ends of Organizing (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/odds-ends-organizing/)
-   -   Recipe Organizing (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/odds-ends-organizing/8200-recipe-organizing.html)

CAFE 09-12-2003 05:27 AM

Recipe Organizing

I Love recipes, and collect recipe books, as well as recipes off the internet. My tip is on organizing them. After I copy the recipe I place them in their "HOME" files. (I use folders, marked CHICKEN, DESSERTS, VEGGIES, etc...." you get the picture. Then I alphabetize the folders. I have a inexpensive 2 drawer file cabinet and keep them in, in the kitchen. Our phone sits on the file cabinet. Works great. How does others organize their recipe collections? Cafe
8-)

Jenna 09-16-2003 12:43 PM

Hi Cafe,

I have put all my recipes into binders(on cards) and I really love it!:) I use scrapbooking plastic covers that hold 4 recipe cards to a page. They are clear so you can see both sides of the card.

No more looking for the right thing for dinner. I have the sections seperated by dividers and marked with what they contain. I like to have lots of sections. One for chicken, one for pork, one for beef, etc. , not just a meat section. This makes it easier to find something quickly. I choose pretty binders that have "Recipes" on the cover from Michael's.

Of course my dessert section is huge! LOL!:) Won't go back to recipe cards loose in a box. I am making up a book for each of my kids with just the recipes they each like. Get back to me in about a year, I should be finished by then!;)

Happy Cooking!
Jenna

Txchef_fran 09-24-2003 12:46 PM

??

I heard once before...(I think even somewhere in FC land) that there is software for your computer or maybe it was a website that you can add recipes into a database and even print selected recipes into a cookbook for others and others can even access it. Anyone know what this software is called??????? I have recipe boxes, files, books and a drawer or clippings.....HELP me get these organized!!!!!!!

emom79 05-01-2005 01:42 PM

Re: ??

Quote:

Originally posted by Txchef_fran
I heard once before...(I think even somewhere in FC land) that there is software for your computer or maybe it was a website that you can add recipes into a database and even print selected recipes into a cookbook for others and others can even access it. Anyone know what this software is called??????? I have recipe boxes, files, books and a drawer or clippings.....HELP me get these organized!!!!!!!
the name of the software you are talking about is mastercook. it is a wonderful program for those with the time to deal with inputing recipes and such. I have folders on my computer which hold my recipes in notepad documents and I scan the ones i want in right from the books or from whatever the source may be. if it is in special handwriting i scan it in as a picture and then save it as the recipe name. i hope this helps.

LeAnn:typ: