Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Getting Organized > Organizing > Odds & Ends of Organizing

Old 08-08-2002, 09:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

suggestions needed for a calendar/address book

Hi everyone,
I was hired today to begin a new job, (see my organization journal) and I am excited about the this!!!
I will have to schedule appointments with people so the little calendar I carry now is not going to work, there is just a small space under each date, I need to have the hours written down.
Also, I have carried the same address book for eons and it is showing!!!!
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a combination calendar and address book? I can't spend too much...as it is I need to wear dresses for the job and I do not have many...Tomorrow I am going to Goodwill to buy a few dresses for a start...
Thanks, the trainlady
Old 08-09-2002, 03:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Here is a site that you can print monthly and weekly calendar pages. You can fill in the info online and then print yourself out a copy.

All you need is a printer and a few minutes.

http://www.printfree.com/Calendars.htm

I hope you can use this until you find something better
Old 08-09-2002, 06:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

After you print out some calendars from the site that Shawn mentioned, go buy yourself an appropriate sized 3-ring binder to place them in. I haven't been to the site, so I don't know the size options, but if you can get them to print half-size pages, you can get a binder that size and place them in there. Those small binders are usually only 1" rings.

You don't need a fancy Dayrunner or anything like that. I use one of those small binders in my kitchen and it works beautifully!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Has anyone got a new oraganizational calendar/book for 2009 that you think will work well for you?

What kind of wall calendar(s) do you have this year?

Mom and I made home organizers last year and we are going to make them again this year...............soon as I am feeling better and get my energy back!
At this rate though, my calendar may be missing Jaunuary!

LOL!!

hugs, train
Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi donna,
Take a look at the Yahoo Calendar or your computer should have a calendar and both are printable. There is also alot of free organizaional calendar on line too.

http://calendar.yahoo.com/

Hope that helps.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have a Catholic Woman's Daily Planner that is made by a cottage industry. A little bit pricey but it is a handmade item, made in USA, from a family business. So I figure it is worth it. It's very good quality.

For my wall calendar I am using the BusyBodyBook Wall Calendar.

Last year I just went to Staples, bought one of those desk-pad calendars, and used a bunch of bulldog clips to hang it on the fridge. That worked well.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Forgot to add my 2 favorite printable-calendar sites:

Donna Young

DIY planner
Old 01-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have an agenda book that is week by week so I can keep track of my daycare kids and money etc for tax time and to keep me organised...i like to be able to see it week by week.

Our wall calendar right now is a count down to the 2010 olympics....It is all cool native images related to sport.

I also have a wall planner to keep track of our family activities, meetings, etc......

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 01-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I use a Google calendar. I can have it send me email reminders, as many times as I want and it will remind me for any length of time. For example, I can set one reminder for 1 day before, 1 week before, an hour before, and 2 hours before. This way, I don't forget anything. It is digital though, so you won't have access for the information unless you have a computer. I haven't checked to see if I can print out the calendars with the dates that I have added.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

For years, while a sahm, I used a 15 month desk calendar, writing in appts as I made them. The kids like it more because they can schedule their own stuff by checking my calendar. It was sort of awkward though to have to lug it around to doctor appts if I needed to.

When I started working full time, I did not have access to the desk calendar, and my job required that I keep a computer calendar. The job used Oracle, but it's a paid service. The problem with it is that it wasn't easily web-based, or I didn't know how to use it, and my kids couldn't schedule onto it as it was work based (password protected).

The new job now uses Outlook for both email and calendar. I like it, much simpler than Oracle which took training to use (for me at least). I also like the task list I can keep on Outlook. But still the kids don't have access to it.

I think Google calendar is a good mix of the two. And the kids have access to it. But I don't use it, not while I am running the Outlook one. As for printing out, you can do a printout and then use it like a desk calendar if you want.

I think the best way to keep track of stuff is with a palm pilot kind of thing, hooked into the internet. I hope the prices drop soon so that we can all work together with our calendars in our family. At least we've got cell phones and we telephones and still see each other often enough to make arrangements.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."