Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We have been working on our shed, barn, carport, and yard while the weather is still so gorgeous. I got our carport organized and have been working on the shed, but that is slow going, my dh is a packrat! But little by little I'll get there.

Sammi, you have been a busy bee! Good job. Books! They are always a problem, aren't they? I have so many that I just can't bear to part with!

Connie, good luck with getting your stuff on Craigslist! I'll be praying that your dh gets to go back to work.

Hugs...Linda

And God took a handful of southerly wind,
Blew His breath over it and created the horse. Bedouin Legend
Old 11-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Assistant Moderator

Just curious, what's a Craigslist?

Old 11-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Assistant Moderator

An free online by, wanted to buy, trade forum. www.craigslist.com
Old 11-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Assistant Moderator

Thanks Connie, ever seen that before, and they they have Brisbane not far from me, will have a look around.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Sammi and Paco, Can you send some of that energy my way?

Bluebird, I checked our local Craiglist once and it didn't look very appealing. There was a lot of expensive stuff and personals. Just curious, what type of things do you list on Craigslist?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:48 AM
Assistant Moderator

I have listed lumber, a kit to build a swingset/fort, a floor mate, 18" dolls, barbies. I haven't had a great time selling items. I think it is because I live in such a rural area. I do know I have a better time selling things on craigslist than I do on our local radio swap show. I listed items to sell last week, this week I get a phone call, the lady was rude, wants to know what town I live in, IF she decides she wants the items she will have a friend come pick them up. I said call first. She was very demanding wanting to know what else I had for sale she needs blah blah...... My first complaint is IF you want to know where someone is at, check the prefix on the phone number! How hard is that, really!?

I am thinking it might be easier in the long run to donate to Goodwill and get a recipt from them for our taxes.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Bluebird, That does sound like a big hassle. I've heard a lot of negative things about Craigslist and scams with cashier's checks. I usually just donate stuff to the thrift stores because it is easier.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Nine Year Member

DH and I are going through things today. He is going through books and magazines, and I am going through files. We threw away National Geographic magazines, about 20, and a couple of them were from 1973! We still have boxes in the garage to go through. Our previous home was much larger....But this is progress! Now if I can get him to throw away his old, stained, holey shirts--he has more shirts than any other man I know, but he finds it so hard to part with any of them.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Assistant Moderator

Laura, My dh is famous for saving National Geographic magazines (and though he says he reads them some are still in the wrapper!) We had years and years worth here but I finally convinced him that our library probably has all of them as well so he let me throw them away. And why is it that men need so many old holey shirts? My dh hangs on to his incase he has to paint or wants to go fishing or something but wouldn't a couple shirts cover that instead of 20? I keep sneaking his into the trash and so far he hasn't noticed.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 01-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Assistant Moderator

Keeping stained holey shirts must be a guy thing! My dh wont give up his. The work shirts he can take back and get new shirts. I have to force him to do it. lol He would hang on to everything. I started calling him by his mothers name. He started listening and helping get rid of stuff. lol

Closed Thread