Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 02-09-2007, 04:28 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I put mine in a large ziploc baggy. If I have too many, I put lotions in one baggy, shampoos in another, and so on. I use a Sharpie to mark what each baggy is for.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I store my freebie stuff on the back of my bathroom door.
I picked up from the Dollar Tree, an organizer that has plastic pockets...(you are suppose to use this in the shower to hold shampoos)This lays flat against the door

Instead, I can put my shampoo, lotion, laundry soap, toothpaste each in their own pocket..Now I can see all the goodies I have!

I love it! and so do my "guys" who can never seem to find anything!! hee hee.

Janet
Old 02-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Nine Year Member

I like the door idea but my shoe rack is on the back of the door. I tried baskets but now have too many of them. I need more ideas! I use the downstairs bathroom to store the samples my dh brings home from hotels.

About twice a year I put them in a shoebox (leaving a few behind for emergencies and family travel) and give them to the shelters in town.

I know of one boy scout troop that makes up a package that is two washcloths. One for scrubbing and the other folded in half with pockets stitched up to hold a toothbrush, toothpaste, hotel soap, etc. They send them to an Indian mission in the USA.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 02-17-2007, 01:21 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Great tips!!
Old 02-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I like to keep what I call "Hospitality Baskets" in the upstairs hall closet. I keep 6 or 7 made up at a time, and that way I always have one ready when company comes to stay. In them I put samples of lotions, toothpaste, facial cleansers, etc., and also some toothbrushes, combs, razors, and other toiletries. I tuck in a New Testament and some inspirational books, small bottles of water, large sized t-shirt, and also some writing paper and pens. My guests always enjoy these baskets, and say it makes them feel even more at home here. Since some of my guests are victims of domestic violence and their children, I keep baskets of quiet toys and children's books in the guest bedroom, as well. A few stuffed animals, some crocheted throws, and extra pillows make them feel cozy and loved.

Visit my main blog--Nuggets of Wisdom
Old 02-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Nine Year Member

Happy face

One year for my son's birthday I bought a fishing tackle box(this was meant as a gag gift), and filled each compartment with small/sample sized items of aftershave, shampoo, deodarent, q-tips,mens shower gel etc........ Now my daughtr-in-law keeps all her samples in this same tackle box at the bottom of her closet. My dd purchased a hardware organizer. She keeps it at the bottom of her closet, and also uses that as a sample/small item organizer.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

This is a great thread with lots of good tips.

I used to have a multi-pocket organizer with zippers that closed so it could be taken when traveling and nothing would fall out. It had a small hanger attached to the top, so it could be hung anywhere and could also be folded into a large "trifold." After 10 years of use it wore out and I have never been able to find another one like it.

I also used to store samples in ziplock bags and baskets but it took up too much space under my bathroom sink. Now I put them in plastic pencil boxes under the sink with shampoos and conditioners in one, toothpaste in another, and nail items in another. They stack on top of each other and fit nicely under the bathroom sink. Dh travels to a camp a lot for his job, so I just pull the pencil boxes out when he needs some sample sizes for a trip.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

We have a very small bathroom. Only one person can fit into it at a time. (our other b.r. is being remodeled.) So counter tops are limitless. I put up one of those shoe holders on the bathroom door. It is very handy with all its pockets. It has about 12 or 16
Old 02-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sorry hit the wrong button and where did it go....I meant it has 12 to 16 pockets and you can fit numerous items in the pocket. From the tiniest earrings to a bottle of shampoo.
My bathroom is tiny...but I can still fill it with lots of stuff and it remain uncluttered. Might help store those small trial sized items????
Old 02-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We don't get that many! I try to keep shampoo/soap etc in the beauty case I take when we go away.
Other items (eg laundry stuff) I keep in the laundry with the regular product. I do have one small sachet of laundry powder in the beauty case. It has been handy on more than one occasion!