Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 11-14-2005, 02:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Meg, I have this problem....I buy the organizing books, and all the cool cleaning products, and it just SITS THERE. I use the same 3 or 4 things to clean and don't even think about all the other stuff.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I just ordered the book too!! I also ordered the one for getting ready for the holidays. I'm excited, it sounds like exactly what I need too! I certainly don't need another book to read either, but I'm going to give it a shot! Thanks for the tip!!

Keep your words soft and tender as you may have to eat them tomorrow!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Okay i have my book and in a bit i'm on my way to get Cody so i will read the first chapter and intro while i'm waiting for him. No problem posting the steps the more the more support!! When are we starting??
Old 11-16-2005, 03:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I too have a big problem with the extra book thing. I LOVE BOOKS! I just gave a bunch away, but it is hard!
We can start whenever. Today? Monday? I am easy!
Old 11-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

The book seems really interesting..I've only gotten through the intro and the first chapter about drinking 8 cups of water. Cody is having a sleep over for his bday tomorrow i hope to get through the rest of the first part..I'm gonna like this now to stick with it through the holidays!! Monday sounds good...i have started trying to drink the water. Have you read the whole book??
Momszoo..did you get yours yet??
Old 11-28-2005, 04:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Week One

Here we Go!!!!

Here are the Simple Steps for Week One.
1) Drink 8 cups of water everyday
2) Walk 20 mins a day
3) Clean out one drawer, cabinet or closet each week.
4) Save $2.00 a day.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Not doing too badly on water, drink a fair bit anyway
lousy week for 20 min walks (I am spending as much time as possible in bed!)
Clean two HUGE piles from kitchen bench = to two drawers, so I'm giving myself a tick on that one.
Saved $5-00 for the week ~ OK I guess
Old 12-06-2005, 05:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thumbs up Awesome Meg!!

I have done well this week too. I set up a jug with 72 oz of water in it, and make sure it is gone befor eI go wo bed. It has worked everyday. My drawer was my silverware drawer, and my walks have been Leslie Sansone video since it is COLD here.
Let me know how everyone else is doing.. we will move on to week 2.
Rock on!!
Misty
Old 01-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

ok, this sounds interesting.

it is impossible to drink that much water a day in my opinion. i will be ok, if i manage 3 cups a day.

walk 20 minutes a day - taking ds to kg each day and pick him up makes about 20 minutes eash day walking

clean out one drawer - did that with my craft drawer. next i must attac my undies drawer.

save 2$ a day. in our currency it would be about 25kr (crown). it is lots of money - 1 litre of milk costs about 9 kr, loaf of white bread costs about 6 kr. so how can i save money? not spending or getting good deals? or putting loose change on piggy pank? i did buy t-shirt on sale this week. i paid 94,5 kr instead of 189 - so it was 50% off. was it a save or spending?

what is up for next week?
Old 01-16-2006, 06:15 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hmm, this does sound interesting! I try to follow Flylady, but, I get so bored with it. It seems every time it comes around to a new zone, the tasks are the same one as what they were the last time we were in that zone.

Maybe this would be more helpful to me.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!