FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Occasions - Weddings (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/occasions-weddings/)
-   -   wedding reception seating ?? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/occasions-weddings/3641-wedding-reception-seating.html)

Caronamy 08-28-2002 05:32 AM

wedding reception seating ??

wedding reception seating ??
I have a RSVP card to send in for a wedding. First time for husband, 3rd time for wife - they got married on July 2nd, and are having the reception Sept 20.

Now to the question. Everytime we go to a wedding of someone in our congregation, we are always assigned with the same couple. They are our very close friends, but I'd like to sit with some others. So do I handwrite a personal note and send it in with my reply card asking not to be assigned seating with this couple OR ask the bride personally OR call the restaurant and ask them to put a note with the seating chart????

Or am I just be childish and just should shut up????

sharona 08-29-2002 11:41 AM

I would get to the reception site early and switch cards! ROFLMAO

Other than that, if the Bride or groom is a close enough friend you could ask nicely if they could move you to another table so you can meet others from your congregation. If it's anything like our church, someone made out the seating chart years ago, and nobody has seen to change it. Good luck. It's kind of a sticky situation.

Foxylady559 09-02-2002 03:49 PM

What a dilemma. You are probably at risk causing hard feelings all around. I know this is not your intention, but think of the reaction your friends will feel if this gets back to them. The suggestion to get there early and move the cards is a good one, otherwise, I would just grin and bear it.

We have been fortunate in that any Receptions we have attended simply had "Reserved for Wedding Party" and guests were allowed to sit where they wished. There have always been so many strangers that I feel much more comfortable sitting with friends. Conversation flows much easier, and there is no stilted feeling.

Every wedding I have attended has been different. Some were extremely formal while others were more homey. Some had chairs placed around the room, or in groups so that people could sit where they wished, or stand. Even the ones that served a meal did not have name tags at the place settings, simply a "Reserved for Wedding Party" sign there. I think this stems from the fact that although RSVP's are answered, last minute changes in plans prompt some to attend that thought they couldn't while others who planned on being there were called away at the last minute.

Whatever you decide,

Good luck,

Foxy :confused:

henryjsmom 09-04-2002 08:55 AM

the bride and groom have enough to worry about, DON"T ask them about seating arrrangements because i can assure you they will be miffed even if they are close friends. You basically only sit there at the table to eat so just mingle, and talk to the OTHER people at your table. have fun!

Caronamy 09-04-2002 01:26 PM

Thanks everyone!

She called my mom to personally invite her and my dad because she didn't have their address and said that she'll seat them with us and my in-laws, so that's okay.