Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

View Poll Results: Bridal Shower favors?
Under $1.75 0 0%
Only bridal favors 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2002, 09:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Ideas for Bridal shower favors

Any one have any different/unique ideas for a bridal shower favor.Was just given this job yesterday and the shower is in 3 weeks.UGH!!! Of course, needs to be under $ 1.75 each.
Any ideas??? Thanks

Ruthe
[email protected]
Old 08-01-2002, 08:53 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm not sure about a cost per since it will depend on the cost of supplies and how many you need to make, but here's a few ideas off the top of my head.

1. Smelly Jellies

Buy inexpensive glass or clear polystyrene containers. Use candle gel wax according to instructions, but don't include a wick. Color with one of her wedding colors, and scent with a coordinating fragrance (e.g. raspberry for red). For scenic smelly jellies, buy or make glass or wax embeds. I posted some links for suppliers in the thread "Smelly Jellies" a few days ago. Be sure to use colorant and fragrance for candles.

2. Melt & Pour Soap

Use a wedding-themed candy mold (I believe Wilton has one or two) to make small soaps. Color and scent as suggested above, but use bath & body colorant and fragrance. Package several small soaps in a piece of tulle tied with a ribbon. You could also make some bath salts to go along with the soaps, and include a small bag of them. You can find small, zipper style bags at Michael's and Wal-Mart near the jewelry making supplies. If you buy liquid soap colorant, you can use that to color the salts.

If you're experienced working with M&P soap, make bars and embed with either soap shapes made with a candy mold, or embed mini wedding items, such as rings, that you can find at craft stores.

I have online sites of M&P supplies bookmarked, so holler if you need links.

3. Scent "Stones"

Use something like Perma-Stone or Faster Plaster. Mix according to directions, pour into wedding-themed candy molds. To color, you can mix a little dry tempera paint into the mix before adding water (might take some experimenting to get the right shade). You can also color by mixing liquid food color in enough water to cover the "stones". Let stones sit in colored water for about 15 minutes, then remove and place on wire rack to dry. Repeat until you get the shade you want. I know you can do this with Perma-Stone because I've done it, and it doesn't affect the finished item. I don't know if you can do this with Faster Plaster. To scent, place a few drops of fragrance oil on the back of the "stone" and let it soak in. Repeat if necessary. Package in a piece of tulle tied with ribbon.

4. Closet or Drawer Sachets

Buy or mix a potpourri where the main ingredients, color and fragrance coordinate well with her wedding theme. Package in a piece of tulle tied with a ribbon, or in drawstring muslin bags (which you can paint or stamp as desired).

Don't most craft stores carry things like small bottles of bubbles? You might be able to come up with some ideas for them, or for some of the other mini wedding items they carry. I've never really given them a close look since I haven't had a need to make anything like that.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Carol
Old 08-03-2002, 08:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Bridal Shower Favors

1. If you check the soap meister website they make different flavors of soap for special occassions for $1.75 each this price includes each one individually wrapped and labeled.

2. Plastic champagne glasses (small ones) and fill with mints and wrap in plastic with a small bow.

3. Miniature flower pots and print the wedding date on them.

4. Miniature bubbles and print the wedding date on them.

5. Take a photo of the bride and groom and make pocket-size prints and write the wedding date on the back of them.

Old 08-03-2002, 08:48 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I've made cute wedding favors with plastic spoons and chocolate kisses. You place 2 kisses in the bowl of the spoon (you can buy whatever colored spoons match the bride's colors). Cover with a swatch of tulle or colored nylon net and tie with a ribbon. Attach the following poem (or something else you've written):

"We thank you for coming,
with a spoonful of kisses,
to bless our beginning,
as Mr. and Mrs.!"

I use my computer to print out the poem on business cards. Add graphics, the bride & groom's names & wedding date then just punch a hole in one corner to thread the ribbon through to attach to the spoon.

Have fun!
Old 08-03-2002, 11:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh boy...$1.75..well....I dunno...how about a lottery ticket, you know the ones that are either computer generated or...scratch...
Just buy them all in one store, so that if there is a winner, you'll know where to send them to collect.....
Put each in a pretty envelope and have each person draw out of a bowl for one.

Jeannie
Old 08-03-2002, 01:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle Ideas for showder

Hi
Just did one myself but the since the wedding will be
in the brides back yard we made flower pots so that she can plant the flowers in her garden There are some good wedding ideas on the craft sites..
Old 08-04-2002, 02:34 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb bridal shower favors

You can use tulle bags to put candy in - wedding color jelly beans, mints, etc...[edit]

You can even use them with the plastic spoon/kisses idea - just put the stuff in the bag and tie the bag up. Easy and cheap!

ladybugg314

More Choices. Less Hassle.
Now Accepting Credit Cards.
Old 08-04-2002, 03:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Favor's

Depending how crafty you are there are alot of things you could do.

You could go to the craft store and pick up some clay. (the kind that will harden after you bake it) Use a cookie cutter and cut out whatever shape(s) you want and what ever color clay you want. After you cut and bake, let cool and take a strip of magnet (you can buy a roll of it from craft stores) cut into pieces and attach to the back of your creation. Make sure that it's something big enough to write on. Using paint pen's you can put their names and the date of their wedding on it. Everyone will have it forever.

You could also check out the Christmas Tree Shop. Sometimes you'll be able to find things their. Or if there is a Dollar Tree or Family Dollar store near you, check them out. You'd be surprised at what you can find. I've seen little baskets, bells, everything that you could write their names and date on.

Good luck
Old 08-04-2002, 07:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

shower favors

Hi Ruthe,
I saw this at a shower, I don't know if you can do it for $1.75 but I think you can. I'll try to describe. In the center of each table was a flower pot. ( about 8") There was foam inside and probably a rock or other weight to keep it anchored. The flowers were actually regular inexpensivewriting pens made to look like flowers. Someone had covered the "stem" with green florist tape, adding a few leaves. The top "flower" was either glued or attached with the florist tape. A little "moss" to cover the foam and a ribbon and it was beautifu. It doubled as centerpieces and favors. At the end of the shower each person "picked" a flower/pen from the pot. (On one of the leaves was a "thank you" written in gold. ) Everyone loved them. I hope I described it well enough, sorry I don't have a picture) Good Luck Roxie
Old 08-11-2002, 01:27 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

shower gifts for $1.75

a gift that I have done several times is I make a sewing box. I go to the Dollar Store and purchase individual item plus a plastic or tin cantainer big enough to hold everything. I buy scissors, buttons, thread, straight pins and safety pins, velcro, iron-on patches, measuring tape, pin cushion, thimble, and anything else that seems appropiate. I decorate the outside of the container with the squeeze bottles of paint that you can use on t-shirts, putting on thimble, pin cushions, scissors, etc, and putting "(receipients name)'s sewing box" on it. So far everyone has talked about what a unique gift it is. I also like it being a gift no one else ever thinks of. This idea came to me after my grandmother gave me a tin of buttons and another one of pins and thread when I first married. If needed, you could wrap everything up individually and let the bride put it all together as it is unwrapped! I hope this helps.