Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 07-19-2004, 09:18 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

bridal shower ideas please?

Okay ladies, I'm totally at a loss for this because I haven't been to a bridal shower or given one in years. From what I have heard from my sil things really have changed since the last one I attended. We are giving 2 parties, one bridal and one bachlorette party on 2 separate dates. I could really use some ideas and suggestions for party favors, prizes, games, food and decorations. Please keep in mind that we are not going with any alcohol or sleazy theme ideas. Thank you, Melissa
Old 07-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi there I had a bridal shower for a friend of mine and some things we did were

Toilet paper wedding dresses, I divided everyon into groups excluding the bride. She was asked to pick one girl in each group, this was the model. Hand the group toilet paper and tell them they have 15 min to make a wedding dress on thier model. When finished the bride picks the winner. Get creative, veils, rings, earrings etc can all be made from toilet paper!! Make sure you take pictures!

Before the shower I asked the groom a bunch of questions like waht was his shoe size, his idea of a romantic date etc. At the shower we asked the bride these questions if she got the question wrong she had to put a piece of gum in her mouth if she got it right no gum Ours ended up with a huge wad of gum!!!

Take the bride and grooms names and ask everyone to make as many words as possible. the most wins

As am ice breaker we made cards with famous women and put one on everyones back. they had to ask others a question yes or no to help find their identity.

I alos asked everyone coming to bring something small for the wedding night...we put it all in a basket and presented it to the bride at the end...we had some pretty creative items!!!

Ther are so many other games out there but my mind is blank right now

Hope this helps

Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 07-31-2004, 04:07 PM

To get some bridal shower ideas I did an aol search. I liked the site called theknot.com it had a lot of ideas. type bridalshowers in the aol keyword box and it should come right up.

Coll
Old 07-31-2004, 05:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My daughter and I got invited to (but could not make it to) a bridal shower that sounded like fun. We were assigned a gift with a certain letter of the alphabet. I kinda grumbled that we couldn't take what we wanted, and I'm not sure what Emily Post would have said, but when we started looking for gifts, and we got everything at the dollar store, it was kinda fun.
I like going to showers where there is a book to put advice or one for recipes or cleaning hints, or one for memories.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

At my daughter's bridal shower, her matron of honor had gotten with the groom beforehand and asked him a bunch of questions and she videotaped his answers. It was so cute! She would read off a question, give all of us 4 possible answers (which some of the choices were hilarious) and we would write down our guess and then she played his response which was the correct answer. There were even a couple of times that his answer was so sweet we were all in happy tears. The one who got the most answers correct won a prize. It really was fun

We also had been sent (with the invitation) a cute little index card that we had to write some marriage advice down on. Then when she opened that person's gift, they had to read what they had written down on the card. There were some really good ones!

We did some of the usual games too, but these were the two that were the really big hits. Hope this helps!!

You miss 100% of the opportunities you don't take.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:12 PM

I am in need of a bridal shower gift idea. This is the bride's second wedding. no shower for the first.
She likes snow globes, but they are outrageous when personalized. The ones I've looked at don't look right without personalization.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:35 PM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

For a game idea - my favorite (and simplest) group game would be "Who Am I?". You can play it really easily without pretty much any equipment. Basically, one person is the guesser and everyone else secretly decides between them which famous person the guesser is going to be.

The guesser then has to try and guess as quickly as possible who they are by asking questions. The rest of the group can only answer 'yes' or 'no' to each question. A typical question would be 'Am I female?', 'Do I appear on TV?', 'Am I under 40?'.

One twist that we always play which makes it particularly funny is to stick a small piece of paper to the guesser's forehead with the name of who they are supposed to be. Everyone else can see it, except them, and it somehow makes the whole thing a lot funnier!