Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 03-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Baby shower favors

My best friend is throwing me a baby shower and planning the food, games, etc. but I wanted to personally do something cute for each attendee of the shower. I went to a shower this past weekend where they had those Baby Bop suckers on the table. I thought it was cute but no one wanted to eat them.

Anyone have any ideas? The only thing I thought was cute was on this site somewhere it said to get fabric and cut into 4' squares, fold into a triangle and attach like a cloth diaper, spray with starch then dry. Insert a muffin tin with nutes, M&M's, etc. I may do this one, especially since the Breast Cancer (pink and white) M&M's are out.

Any other good ideas??

I am not a big fan of games so we are just doing the time capsule thing (each person brings something to add to a time capsule for baby to open when she is 18)

and

wisdom beads where a bowl of beads are passed from person to person and each guest gets to string 4 beads while telling their best advice for new motherhood. (Someone is writting them all down for Mom) then after every 8th bead a silver bead is strung. This can be used for a necklace or just an ornament for mom to put somewhere where she will see it. We did this for my friend this past weekend for her Bridal shower and she said she was going to hang it from her rear view mirror in car.

TX Chef Fran
Old 02-17-2015, 06:10 AM
Head Moderator

bump
Old 02-19-2015, 08:13 AM

These are games

Have each guest bring a photo of herself as a baby (for baby shower), mount the pictures onto a poster board and number them. On sheets of paper place the numbers, everyone writes who she thinks each baby is.
For a bridal shower, everyone brings a picture of herself as a bride. If someone is
not old enough to be married or don't have wedding picture, she can be excluded for this game.
Who ever gets the most guesses right wins.

Another baby shower game, buy a dozen different flavors of baby food, remove the labels, number them. On sheets of paper place numbers according to how many jars of food there are. Also get a lot of mini spoons. Each person tastes the baby food and writes down her guesses. Be sure to buy different stages of baby food. Get veggies and fruit, and the chicken noodle with veggies.