Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Neighbors How do you get along with your neighbors?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

DeBora - that is a great Christmas present! I hope you all get some nice neighbors in.

One of our neighbors brought over cookies that their 5 yo helped make and a hot chocolate mix. They were out delivering to several neighbors.

I had extra turkey soup so I took some to a neighbor that was by herself this week.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 12-21-2006, 09:03 AM

One of our long time neighbors is moving away. Her husband passed away about 2 1/2 yrs ago, she is moving to be closer to her children. She will be missed greatly.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Quote:
DeBora - that is a great Christmas present! I hope you all get some nice neighbors in.

I agree. They were evicted. Probably because of the many times the cops were called out. All our other neighbors are wonderful too.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Its been awhile since I posted here
We used to talk to all of our neighbors, but the one set of neighbors always talked bad about everyone else.....
We NEVER had any problems with the other neighbors.

We were really saddened when the older couple across the street moved. They had lived there over 30 years and now that they were in the empty nest stage, they simply felt that they needed something more managable. They were excellent neighbors and I loved learning so many things from her.
We had quite a bit in common..such as our love for dogs, and she got me into birding. Sandy (her name) and Bob (her hubby) had such a beautiful yard and were always tinkering in their garden.

Mr. Ramer is an older gentleman who owns a significant amount of land to the back of us. He has had a few stokes and also isn't well. He and his wife are pleasant folks and I am so worried they may move and sell. They also have a gorgeous yard, but with his health it is getting more difficult for him. I am so worried because if they sell, I know that a development will ruin the beauty I see in my back yard.

Then to our other side are Buck and Sandy. FANTASTIC neighbors. Our Tippy thinks that he is part of both families and they even put a small dog box up for him. Buck is the animal cruelty officer for our area and so we also have quite a bit in common.

Our last set of neighbors are the ones I'd mentioned. We are still cordial but after a number of life changes and illnesses they have become distant. Plus Tippy goes over there and although we have tried to catch him, there are times we haven't. When he was younger they had allowed him there so now it's hard to break that habit, but we must.

I think I may make a couple loaves of bread and deliver them to everyone..... with a few "chocolate coins" and hope I take them a rainbow!

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 02-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I usually share my pinto beans with my neighbor in Carlsbad as he helps watch our hourse when we are gone. DH dislikes pinto beans and I LOVE them and have noone to share them with unless I am in Carlsbad.

When I came back from Christmas break, I had some new neighbors. I have wireless, DSL, highspeed Internet so that I can do homework, research, and goof around. One day, DH was outside working in the yard, I am inside when I hear my DH call me to come outside. I could tell by his voice that it was one of those, "I don't want confrontation so I will let you do it" kind of calls. lol I came outside and the new neighbor lady asked, "I want your password for your Internet. I could tell it was yours because it is similar to your vanity plates on your car." She didn't ask IF she could as she assumed that I would just give it. I told her that I did not give out my password. I told her that if people did illegal business on my Internet address, I would be responsible. Plus, it slows down my Internet surfing. Her DH came over at some point and she told him that I said no. Anyway, that is the only time that I have talked to these people. But, I was a bit surprised.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:30 PM

The children of our neighbir who passed away a few months ago have put her house up for sale so we'll be getting some neighbors soon.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

DeBora - that is a nervy neighbor to think that you would give out a password. Sounds like she is already using your wireless.

Coll - have you gotten new neighbors yet? We have a lovely pair moving out due to that they are getting older with the wife having Alzheimerss. This house has too many steps. (quadlevel) Then down the street two other houses are for sale.

Too bad the ones everyone wants to move don't. The woman (30-40) has taken to drawing the pagen symbol (star) on the sidewalk right next to our property. It really upsets the one 12 yo girl on the other side of us. It was colored in and she purposefully walked tonight and drew another one in plan view of a group that was talking at our house.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 05-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Well, she wasn't using my Internet service, but she said she was having to drive to other places to get it, so she was stealing someone else's Internet service. She said she was going to the school, which I KNOW that she has to have a student ID to be able to get on. I think that she would rather have been able to use mine so that she wouldn't have to get in her car and drive far away to steal the service. Good thing that I don't live there any more. I am now back in Carlsbad and will soon be moving my RV to Odessa. It will be interesting to see what type of neighbors there.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:03 AM

Yes we did get new neighbors. The woman is very nice, the little girl is a pain in the butt sometimes, she's 4, and the husband, not sure about yet. He has a look about him that makes youthink he could be nasty. I've heard that he drinks alot, but that I don't knwo about.
They mind their own business so they are okay in my book.
They did ask me to keep an eye on their dog one day they were going to be gone all day. Just to tell him to shush if he started barking alot. As soon as I said Charlie, hush. He would quiet down. Kind of amazed me since he doesn't know me.
Maddie likes the little girl but if she is tired she tells me to tell McKenzie that she is tired and not coming out.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

i got new neighbors about a year ago and still havent actually met them. they are never out and when we see each other its a quick wave. im getting 2 more new neighbors that are building near me. right now i feel like i have no neighbors. i need ideas on how and what to do to introduce myself when the new ones move in? i thought about going up but i would have to knock on their door and they've not made any attempts so i figured maybe they dont want bothered. so i need ideas when the new ones start to move in. i live in the country and we all sit back in so that makes it harder.