Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Neighbors How do you get along with your neighbors?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Neighbors

Are you close to your neighbors or do you live in a neighborhood where you only see each other when you are going in and out of your garages or getting the mail?

peace,train
Old 10-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We are blessed with wonderful neighbors. Our neighborhood is pretty well mixed with younger and older people. Funny it seems that every-other house is a retired couple, we all look out for eachother.

On one side, they don't get out much-I pass on all my extra veggies that grow during the summer; and now my dog MUST go say hi when they are outside.

The other side of us (we share a driveway) are equally as nice. When dh was working nights, he would plow our driveway in winter knowing dh had to sleep during the day. When he gets bored, he may even mow everyones grass in the front too. So much for relaxing after retirement! When I was preg. the last time they "accidently" made too much dinner sometimes and didn't want it to go to waste-just so I didn't have to cook. I always share my baking goodies with them just to say thanks whenever I can.

OOh funny story. A couple years ago (few doors down) the wife died. The hub is fanatical about his yard, so we get used to seeing him literally every day manicuring it. He makes a point to let someone know if he is visiting his kids and will be away for any length of time etc. After a few days of not seeing him outside (and he had not checked in with anyone) we thought he had died inside or something bad...called 911 and the police got into the house to see if he was ok. Fortuneatly yes, no one was home.
The guy had up and ELOPED, was on his honeymoon and never thought to tell anyone!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We have lived here for 5 years. We're close to our neighbors on one side and our back-door neighbors. They are all great people and we joke about just cutting holes in the fences between the yards and letting the kids roam at will.
The people who live on our other side have never once said hello to us in the whole 5 years we've been here!
At best, we have a "wave as you pass by" relationship with the rest of the neighborhood. We were informed when we moved in that since our kids go to parochial school, they'd never make friends on the block--they wouldn't be in the same classroom or on the same bus. The families who told us this have never had their kids play with our kids.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:25 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We have a very nice retired couple on one side of us, they tend to go away a lot, the neighbors on the other side like you Barb have not really spoken to us in the 5 yrs we have been here. The wife will say a quick hello if the husband isnt around they seem a bit strange! According to our other neighbor who have lived here for 35 yrs the guy grew up in that house and never married until both his parents passed....They said his parents were as friendly as could be dont know what happened to him! lol
Leighann
Old 11-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi everyone!

I wanted to let you know we have GREAT neighbors.
We are animal lovers and are fortunate to have neighbors who love their pups as much.
Honestly, two years ago when we moved here we met our neighbors through our kitty He um, kind of went around to meet the neighbors!
Our neighors are kind.
The couple across the street are retired and own a mini-pincher. The wife enjoys birding and gardening and has shared so many plants with me!
The neighbor who shares our driveway are also great. We went over to play a lil' joke on the 31st. ( neither of us do Halloween) when we "trick-or-treated", we ended up with a chandaler. The are wonderful "do-it-yourselfers" and are always lending a hand! ;-)
Our other neighbors are rarely out, but when we got custody of our nephew their son waas right over to make our nephew feel at home. They are also great. The kids have gotten permission to play hide-n-seek in their yard after dark! They have a blast. The kids are so blasted loud though....dunno how they ever keep their spots.
I only hope we are half the neighbor to them that they are. I hope they enjoy us as much as we enjoy all of them!

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 11-09-2003, 07:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I know this is off-topic for this thread and I do apologize!!!

Cathy - (morelia92) wasn't it you who had posted a question about your daughter's 15th party?? (I can't find that thread again! )

If so, how was it ??
Old 11-11-2003, 12:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello,

Yep it's me! LOL
It is in the wedding and celebration topic. I posted again, no pics there yet. There will be soon. She was beautiful. I cried....so did her daddy!

Old 11-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Morelia, It sounds like you have an ideal neighborhood!
Do you like Pennsylvania? From some of the other threads I have read, if I remember right, you and your husband are from Mexico. Is this right? Do you miss living there? Is all your family still in Mexico? I have moved a lot in my life and I know it can be hard.
It sounds like you adapt well though and have a good outlook on life!

The neighbor next to us is a very young at heart 80 year old!!
We just love her!! Whenever I bake I share with her and she brings us goodies, too! She is our only direct neighbor as we live right across the street from a park which I love!! It is so pretty now with all the leaves changing colors and falling.

We have a dog and a cat, too. Our cat's name is Keema and our dog is named Tricky. She is a Pekineese and extremely feisty!!

There is a Christmas card exchange starting on the Christmas thread!! Come join if you havn't already!!

peace,train
Old 11-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Dear Train,

Hello,

I was born in Washington, PA (near Pittsburgh) and raised in Houston, Texas.
My DH was born and raised in Morelia, Michoacan in Mexico (hence my user name... ) and came to the States in November 1989.

I am don't have any family near me other than an uncle who is on the road alot. My mom and I have a strained relationship at best. No father in my life. I have a brother in Oregon who I haven't seen since I was 14 ( I am 32). He is 11 years older than I am. I have custody of my sister's 15 year old son....she is 13 years older than me. I really have never had the opportunity to get to know my extended family.
I am however fairly close to ALL of my husband family! They are wonderful, but SO far away.
My DH and his mom are very vety close. It gets really hard for him at times.

I have a wonderful hubby who's understanding and patience (most of the time ;-) ) has helped me alot in making me the person I am!

Old 11-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good Morning Morelia,
Now I know what your name means!!
I am sorry to hear of your strained relationship with your family but greatful your husbands family has taken you under their wings , so to speak and give you their love. It is too bad they are so far away. How often do you get to see them? Does your husband miss living in Mexico? Would you move there if you could...or his family possibly move to the states?

peace,train