Someone that lives close that "isn't" a neighbor - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Neighbors How do you get along with your neighbors?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Head Moderator

Someone that lives close that "isn't" a neighbor

We have a person that lives past us (thank goodness our drive is 1/2 mile uphill and he lives at the bottom), that you just cannot call a "neighbor". He has vandilized our property, carved his initials on some of our trees right behind our legally posted signs, meth odors come from his place (we have had the DEA, sheriff dept, state police, and more here and they have smelled it), and he is still there! He is an alcoholic by his own words and it gets even worse! Anyway, we just ignore him, repair what he vandilizes and go on. It is getting really annoying to put up with him, but what do you do? We are just about at our wits ends dealing with him, and ignoring all his antics is getting old and wonder if there is something we are missing that we can do . Anyone else ever had to deal with someone like this? How?
Old 05-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Head Moderator

Bump
Old 06-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
Yes, we did in Maine, we finally moved because they were so bad.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Head Moderator

Well moving isn't an option. We live on 31 acres so w don;t se him unlesse go down to the road and that is how he can get away with doing all the stuff he does because we can't see all out property from the house. Sorry you had to move!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:53 AM
Nine Year Member

Pray for angels to protect the perimeter of your property.
An electric fence is expensive and probably a liability.
They have trail cams now that could document his trespassing.
Put him on the prayer list here on FC too.
I think you are right to not rise to the bait he keeps setting.
Does he do these things to the neighbors on his other side?

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 03-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Head Moderator

His neighbors on the other side don't live there yet. They are just now getting ready to build on their 65 acres. So none of us are right "next door", but have adjoining property. The latest is S. P. was arrested for punching one of the other neighbors. The other neighbor was opening the gate that S. P. has across the driveway that the other neighbors have legal right of way and he told them he was going to close it as soon as they went up. That just doesn't work as then when they have company no one can get up the drive to their place. They told S. P. tht he was going to leave it open as a contractor was coming and needed to have access. So S. P. punched him and the guy had blood coming from his ear when he showed up at my door. I called the sheriff's department and they came along with the state police. I met them at the bottom of my drive because the injured guy had to go up with the contractor that had arrived. S. P. was all this time "hiding" out in his house peeking out from the mini blinds. I kept waving so he knew I saw him! lol And I parked across the road right past my drive so he couldn;t get out. Police had me tell them what I knew and they went to his place and told him not to leave. Then we all went up and talked to the other guy. Anyway, they were both arrested (state law here both go even if one didn't throw a punch, he didn't). So, a $5000 bail, a battery charge and possible 6 months in jail with a $1000 fine and court costs. The true neighbor had a lawyer and he thinks he an get it thrown out for him. S. P. did not have a lawyer and made the judge mad because he was so nervous he couldn't talk so he had to sign a paper to waive his rights to a lawyer for the hearing. So we have yet to see what is going to happen.
I knew the jerk S. P. was going to flip on on someone at some time! That is the latest up date on the situation.

Last edited by cat lover; 03-27-2012 at 12:35 AM.