Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Neighbors How do you get along with your neighbors?

Old 07-06-2006, 02:06 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Neighbors Making Up Lies About Other Neighbors

I just need to rant. DH is tired of hearing it, and I want to get it out!!

Some of you may recall the neighbor lady that about two years ago invited DH to her cook out, but not me?? The cook out only one neighbor showed up at.

Well, this same lady is starting trouble, again!! This time, not only with me!!

This spring, I taught the lady's DD how to ride bike, YES, I was pregnant than!! While she sat inside and played on her computer, her DD was riding bike for an hour even before she knew her DD was riding bike!!

Than her DD was once again at my house, running up and down my front steps, after I told her several times to stop, she tripped over my DD's foot, and fell down the front steps, and cut her forehead open. Than she wasn't allowed to play with my DD for almost a month.

Than her DH came home from the forces and is now not allowed to play with my kids, again!(no big loss)

But, she don't talk to her DD!! So, her DD brought her DS's down to my house to swim, and in the mean time, realized her DD didn't have anyone to play with. After we invitedher DD to swim in our pool. She after having a restraining order against her own DD. Took one of her DD's boys, and put him in her pool, after her DD said that he wasn't allowed over there!! Well this started a big fight, and she went and accused her own DD of doing things with one of her friends!!

Then, she called the neighbor girl a "Trailer Trash Slut"!!! If you would ever meet this girl she is far from a slut. She is a little over 16 yo. and entertains my 11 yo. And my 6 yo. all the time.

Than after the fight with neighbor lady and her DD. My DH was upset and went over to confront her about it. She got angry at DH, and looked at him and said well you know Karen is [email protected]#$%^ guys in the neighborhood!!! DH looked right at her and said I don't believe that!!

Why would she even say something like that?? First off if anyone knows, I work from home. This is the first year I had my youngest DD off to school since we lived here. And DH is normally laid off work from the begining of January to the end of March. This year in April I started working a second part time job, along with working from home. Oh, yeah, and we have four kids already, I think I already have a full plate of business, I don't need any others!!

Well, thanks for letting me vent!!!

Sorry it is so long and drawn out!!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 07-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Karen, it sounds like your neighbor has gone off her medication... Seriously, she sounds kind of nuts to me.

I hope she gets help or a new place to live, for your sake.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Karen, I am so sorry about the entire situation. You poor thing. You may have to set some boundaries and make the neighbor stick to them. Good luck. I hope things get better.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Gee-I thought our neighbors were bad-we have a mutual policy-we basically ignore each other (much water under the bridge).
We have a few trouble makers (gossip addicts), but nothing like this. How uncomfortable this must be for you and your family! I'm sorry you had to go through this.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:21 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Gee. I wonder if she does/should take medication!?

I don't see her moving any time soon, maybe us. But, it has been something that DH have been discussing, I am just worried about saling this trailer.

Well, I thought we were on a silent mutual you don't talk to me, I won't talk to you type thing! Only when it is necessary due to the kids playing. She still talks to my DH, just not me, well, now maybe she won't talk to DH!

You know for us living in a trailer park there really isn't that much gossiping about each other. Well, at least on our street there isn't I more of that going on, on the other two roads.

You know it would be more uncomfortable for me, if our DDs were still playing together. Or if the rest of the neighbors wouldn't feel as though she is a trouble maker. It just really irritates me that I was "good enough" to watch her kid for her all spring, while she sat inside behind her computer. And now all of a sudden, her DD is not allowed to play with mine. Which I can deal with. But, now to say something like this about me, right to my DH. Makes me wonder what she is telling other people!!

I think this women has a history of wackiness!

But, thanks for supporting me. I am "getting over" it.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 07-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

You know, she's probably said wacky things to the other neighbors and they've learned to take everything she has to say with a huge grain of salt! It's a shame for her daughter, though, she'll be the one who nobody in the neighborhood will be allowed to play with just so the parents can all keep away from the crazy mom!

Good luck!!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I have noticed that with ppl like this, others notice that this person is not playing with a full deck. They may be on your side or at least understand more about what is going on than you realize. I also live in a trailer park. All our neighbors are really wonderful, except one. They are very trashy, literally and figuratively. We have had several things stolen and I've even caught them stealing cable from me and my other neighbor. It is difficult to watch televison at times becuase of the loud music and fighting. I am astounded at the language the woman uses with her children! So, I sympathize with you.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:52 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Crowemommy, yes it is already at the point where they have decided themselves that their DD is not to play with the rest of the kids in the neighborhood. Well, they decided that she is not to play with my DD. Which really leaves their DD with no one to play with. Because all the kids play with my DDs!

I really do feel bad for their DD. She ends up playing in her pool all alone. And they won't let her over to play in our pool. And the rest of the kids don't want to go over and play in her pool. We have let her play in our pool numerous times.

Other than when she plays in her pool, she is inside with just her parents. And they have their shades open and I can see right in their home, and you can see the child in their just watching TV all by herself. Who knows what the parents are doing!?

Debora, it is funny that you would mention your neighbors being trashy. As this home is not the ugliest home on the street, one of the newer ones actually. But, they do not keep up their yard, they only mow, when it seems that wildlife must be living in the yard. And the weeds next to the home, are about 2 feet high. I can not believe the landlord has not stopped and mentioned it to them.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:18 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Karen, our manager got fired in April when a new owner bought this place. The old manager gave them numerous "last chance" notices! The cops have been called numerous times too. They let their dogs run everywhere. I have even taken a shovel and shoveled their doggy poop from the front of my yard to their yard. I think the reason they haven't been kicked out is because the manager is good friends with the woman's parents and goes to church with the parents. The old manager is something of a minister. I still do not think it was right for him to allow this neighbor to take advantage of other nieghbors though.

I is so frustrating to live with these types of ppl.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:07 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh, Debora, don't get me started on managers not kicking people out!!

There is another home here on this street that is not a welcome home. It has been drug raided two times in the past year. Nothing was found, but, we all know there are drugs going on in that home. As they have comings and goings all hours of the day and night.

This same home is serving alcohol to minors. And we confronted the landlord about it, and he said they would just deny it!!

The manager actually stated to my face he would give millions of dollars to get them out and burn that trailer down!!

I think he has good cause to get them out. He just don't go forward with it, due the fact that that would mean losing his monthly lot rent for that home for an undetermined amt. of time!'

So frustrating.

On the lady next door, she has not shown her face outside since the day she said that about me!! I guess maybe she is a little embarassed!