Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Healthy Living > Beauty > Outer Beauty > Nature's Secrets

Old 08-25-2004, 11:47 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Herbs For Healthy Skin

Calendula.
Natures gentlest healer, it's golden petals hold the key to is medicinal value. Helps to heal those skin pmperfections we all seem to get.

Chamomile
Soothes and moistureizes dry skin. Helps many skin problems, such as eczema. use the flowers fresh or dried.

Comfrey.
Scientifically proven to promote cell regeneration. helps keep skin youthful and beautiful. Speeds healing. use the leaf or root.

Anna
Old 03-26-2009, 07:07 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I agree with the Chamomile! A few years ago, I burned my face with a so called home mini peel. I steeped about ten bags of tea, and put it in the fridge until it was really cold. Then I put a face cloth in the tea and layed that across my face. When the face cloth got body temp, I re-soaked it in the cool tea. It really helped.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:58 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Very good idea CalGalInFla

I never thought to use tea bags, that is way cheaper than buying pure chamomile.

For a good face mask, try using Benonite clay. Here is our suppliers description of it.

Useful on oily skin. Excellent oil absorbing properties. Thought to remove acne causing toxins from the skin and revitalize tired skin. Very soft clay. All Natural.

This is what I use, it cleans awesome and tightens your skin. You just mix a little distilled water with it into a paste and smear it on your face and let dry then rinse off. I add a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil to mine but it's not necassary.

Oh and you can usually find Benonite Clay in a health food store, although I buy mine from a manufacturer we have also bought ours locally in the bulk section of the health food stores.

Anna

Old 03-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yes I have a clay mask w/ this clay by Say Yes To Carrots product. It works wonders! And my face feels nice and tight after I wash it off!

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2009, 03:40 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hmm... I've never heard of that line before. Do you add water to the clay solution? I'd guess they have dehydrated carrot puree in the mix. Carrot is very good for your skin years ago I made it in my soaps when I was first starting out, just veered away from it. Perhaps I should give that a try again.

Anna
Old 03-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Very interesting!

I use lavander a lot.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:15 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Bluebird

I love Lavender essential oil, the one I buy is from eastern europe... unfortunately the supplier will not sell to the public.

Anna
Old 03-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am happy with the NOW brand I buy at the health food store.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I get Yes to Carrots at Walgreen's. I think you can get it in kits/bulk on HSN....its very clean, and it does not break the bank. They have a web site.

http://www.yes-to-carrots.com/

Jodi
Old 04-02-2009, 02:32 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Jodi

Thanks... I had went to their website the other day after talking to you, they have some interesting ideas old ones that I had forgotten about when I first started learning all about facial and body care products. I didn't see any products with clay in them though... I wonder if they have discontinued what it is that you are using?? I saw alot with dead sea salt and I think Cal. Sea Salt? Those are awesome to use in body scrubs, I use them all the time in the summer, winter I use the Almond Oil and EO's mixed and just pour all over in the shower... I am out of Almond oil right now so I've switched to Cherry Kernel Oil but it's not as heavy and I like the Almond better but for someone with nut allergies like Bluebirds dd, the Cherry Kernel oil would be a better choice.

Anna