Do you use cash, credit or checks the most? - Page 2 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Money Management Having trouble starting a budget? Need advice for college savings? Discuss your money ideas here.

View Poll Results: Do you use cash, credit or checks the most?
cash for me 8 21.62%
credit cards 4 10.81%
debit cards 24 64.86%
I am a check writer 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I use Debit cards for the most part. But do write checks for utilities and like magazine subscriptions etc. Very seldom have cash.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

We use our debit cards all the time...All our bills are paid automatically through our bank accounts...very rarely use cash...

I haven't written out a check in the past 10 years...if on the occassion I do have to pay something through the mail it is with a money order...our bank does not charge for them...
Old 06-15-2007, 03:39 AM
Nine Year Member

We don't have a debit card but do have a cash back rewards credit card that I use to charge almost everything I buy at a store. Figure they are basically paying me to use them and I pay it off every month it is an extra source of income for my family. With my business and personal charges we save $250-300 a year by using the card, TAX FREE.

I write checks for the bills that get mailed but am thinking about signing some bills up to be automatically taken from the checking account which would save me the cost of a check and most of the time a stamp as well.

Roberta
Old 06-15-2007, 10:10 AM

My husband uses a debit card. I myself carry cash. That way I can't spend any more than is in my pocket. I say pocket because I DO NOT carry my purse when shopping. My money is in my pocket and so is my hand. No purse, credit cards or check book will be stolen from me.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Nine Year Member

I use my debit card most of the time. I use my bank's online bill pay or have the money deducted automatically for my bills. The only time I use a check is when I go to the doctor. Unless the doctor takes the debit card. The little bit of cash I carry is used for small things like milk or when I go to a fast food place.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I went thru Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University last September & now use mostly cash. He say that when usuing other forms of payment we tend to spend 18% more than when we spend cash. We have been able to get debt free & are saving a 6 month emergency fund. It took a lot of getting used to, but I feel it is really the best way to go. When you spend your hard earned cash you know & see exactly what is "slipping thu your fingers."
Old 06-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We primarily use debit card. I don't carry cash that often. We write checks for donations and bills. We use electronic only when required to as dh does not like the amounts coming out automatically.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 06-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

For the first time in my life I have a credit card, and am having a ball with it. I used to write so many checks, and since having the card the only check I write is to the pay the credit card bill. It is so much easier.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Do you use cash,credit or check the most?

I use mostly cash .....
Old 06-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Nine Year Member

With direct deposit of our Social Security checks electronic bill paying of set monthly bills has become easier. Have seen people forget to pay a bill before leaving for vaction get large costs for nonpayment.
The trick is to make sure the money comes out when you first get your check.
I do use credit cards for large dental bills or car repairs. At least it gives you a month to pay it off. Having a low interest rate if you cannot is a big savings. With cash back savings been getting a check which is nice.

Still like to use cash for small purchases.
_______
Sueanne