Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Moms of 3 or More

Moms of 3 or More Do you have 3 or more children? Often times, parents with 3 or more kids face challenges that those of 1 or 2 just do not. This board was set up for those parents to ask others how they cope with issues such as making time for each child, who stays u

Old 07-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Pinkie Winky

Just thought I'd throw my age gaps into the mix. Our adopted son is 23, oldest daughter is 20, next is our 12 year old son and last but certianly not least is the youngest member of the clan coming in at 14 months. AND they all still live at home! We always wanted another child after our 12 year old was born but when it didn't happen we just felt that God had given us all the children we were meant to have. The we went through a real rough time in our marriage and managed to come through it better and happier than before and then low and behold, God blessed us again with our beautiful little girl. It's not easy being a mom all over again at 43 (my mother was a grandmother at 42 and my grandmother was only 38 when I was born) but we feel so blessed just to have another child that any difficulties are far outweighted by the joy she brings all of us. Best of all - I have build in FREE babysitting

"Not what we gain, but what we give....measures the worth of the life we live."
http://www.jsantiago.greatesthomebusiness.com
http://saferforyourhome.com

Last edited by Nchilada5; 07-25-2003 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have 4 kids. I went boy, girl, girl, boy. The oldest is not my husbands (but is treated like he is). Thier ages are 13b (July 26,1990), 7g (August 16,1996), 5g (April 17,1998) and 3b (Febuary 14,2000 -best Valentines gift ever!). It's good to read that the 10 year gap between #1 and #4 is not the biggest one here. But I would not reccomend having 3 in 3 1/2 years. When I came home with #4, #2 was still in pull-ups, #3 was in diapers (cloth) full time, and then there was #4 who obviously was in diapers too. I felt like all I ever did was wash diapers and breastfeed!!! ;-)
Old 10-14-2003, 09:02 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have 4 children and their ages are 6,5,4, and 3. So I had 4 kids in 4 years. The furthest apart are 16 months and the closest together is 10 months
Old 01-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi

I have 3 children

Alex 7 (03.07.1996)
Haydn 6 (17.06.1997)
Christina 4 (13.02.1999)

Haydn lives with his dad in Croydon UK.

Between the boys its 11 months and 2 weeks, between Alex and Christina its nearly 3 years.

I stopped at her, as i could die if i had another baby.

MoT
Old 02-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am the Mother of 4. I have 3 grown daughters who are 29, 23 (in May), and 21. Then after being separated for years, remarried and had a son, who is now 9 ( I was 37, almost 38) at his birth!! I wouldn't change a thing about it -if I could!! My oldest Granddaughter, my oldest daughters' child is even older than my son!!(11 yrs). I guess that is why people look at us so funny when we go some place like Walmart and my Granddaughter calls me Grandma and my son calls me Momma... Being an older Mom I would say I do things differently than I did back when the girls were coming up. You learn so many things from your children!

Unknown
Old 03-31-2004, 07:26 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

i just had to jump in here. i've never been on this board before, but i am excited to find a place all about large families. we have eleven. nine of my own and two step kids.(i had my step-son for 3 years and my step-daughter for 8 years) our kids ages are:
boy 29
girl 27
boy 20
girl 18
boy 14
girl 12
girl 12
girl 9
boy 6
girl 4
girl 6 months
we are expecting our first grandbaby on may 31.
i consider my last baby a bonus baby. i was 40 and my dh was 47 when she was born. what a fun surprise!!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Hi kevieb Welcome to Family Corner!!

I look up to all of you ladies that have big families. I have 2 kids and wonder sometimes how I will get everything done.

Ive always wished that I had a big family growing up. I think that it would be so much fun.

Congrats on the new grand baby too!! Dont forget to share all of the details when he/she is born!!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-15-2004, 04:24 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I love having a "big" family I am from A big family, hubby is from a small one We have three sons, Patrick, age 14, Luke, age 12 and Ethan who just turned 5 this month! These are all children from my previous relationship/marriage, but Hubby and I consider them "ours". We don't have children together and won't as I had a tubal while married to my ex husband. We are happy with our three guys!

Mom to 3 sons, Wife to My Sweetie

;-) Muppet Lover Extraordinairre ;-)
Old 06-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Wow I can not get over how many big families there are

You are all truley blessed!

We have 3 children son 10, son almost 8, daughter 6. I found it hard when number 3 came along 16 months after number 2 but Now I love that they are close in age. We never planned to have 3 but I would have had 4 if the deliveries were not so difficult for me( I almost died afterfrom hemorraging).

debknechtel
Old 06-21-2004, 03:00 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Just 2...and absolutely NO more for me!

4 and 17 months

http://foodpursuit.blogspot.com