Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Moms of 3 or More

Moms of 3 or More Do you have 3 or more children? Often times, parents with 3 or more kids face challenges that those of 1 or 2 just do not. This board was set up for those parents to ask others how they cope with issues such as making time for each child, who stays u

Old 05-22-2003, 03:05 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Sharing a room???

New here and a mom of 8! 5 girls and 3 boys aged between 3 and 13. can anyone top that? LOL

now, on to the topic.....

Sharing a room questions:

1)when to moove out of the nursury and into an older siblings room?

2)should siblings of opposite sex share a room?

3)what ages do you think share a room best toghether?

4)what ages don't?:mad:

5)how many should be to a room?

6)do your children share rooms?

all my children shar rooms. the oldest 3 girls share a room, the youngets two girls share a room, and all 3 boys all share a room.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

OH MY!!!

I too have children ranging in ages from 13 to 3, but I only have 4. B13,G7,G5,B3. The boys both have thier own rooms (although the 13 yr old is in the basement - aka the dungeon) and the girls both share a room. We don't have much choice on how we put the kids. Our house (that we are renting) only has 3 bedrooms and they are all quite small.

V.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I had six daughters-when I gave birth to my baby. I took a book to the hospital "Help I've just given birth to a teenager". I knew about babies, but not teens.
When they were young we had four bedrooms so the kids all shared rooms with their closest age sibling. When the baby got to be two we bought a five bedroom home, so the oldest two each had their own room and and the other four each shared with their closest aged sister.
I am a big believer in letting the older children have their own space, because the younger ones will get it as they get older.
Young siblings under six or seven would share bedrooms, not beds, if I had boys and girls. For that matter I believe each one should have their own bed-no sharing.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I think your arrangement now sound like the best. Unless the children were very young I would not consider sharing rooms with the opposite sex.
When the children start getting old enough to want a little privacy I think they should be able to get that much respect.
Keep the boys with the boys and the girls with the girls and try to keep their ages in mind. Older kids tend to really get annoyed with younger ones.
Oh, and by the way..... my Dad came from a family of 18.. three sets of twins and my Step Father came from a family of 12... with two sets of twins....
Our Pastor has 6 children and I have a good friend with 7.
More power to all of you... I have my hands full with three...LOL!
Robin in NC
Old 06-15-2004, 05:29 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Right now my two oldest share a room and my lil guy has the microscopic room by ours....but i think now that my oldest son is 14, I am considering (and he is seriously lobbying for) him having his own room. Just not comfortable with it being the one next to ours (really really thin walls). We are possibly moving to a nearby town to a house with only two BR but they are huge while all of these are pretty cramped. The larger of the two rooms would be for our three boys to share and it is a long room pretty well spaced. I hope we get it because it would overall be better used space for us!

Mom to 3 sons, Wife to My Sweetie

;-) Muppet Lover Extraordinairre ;-)
Old 02-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

For awhile there my youngest had her own room till we had our son. My oldest and my step daughter had shared a room till we were able to get her room built in the basement. Then my younger daughter then had to share with my step daughter on weekends only that is untill I decided she should be around the 15yr old more as she needs to be guide by someone that she looks up to. So now they share a room and the younger one has her own room and my son also has his on room. The oldest only has to share her room on the weekend which is only on night.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

When my three oldest were very young they all share one large room--2 boys and 1 girl. The boy keep the big room and dd went to her own room before the oldest went to preschool. When number 4, another girl, came along the boys each got their own rooms (they were the oldest) and the girls share the big bedroom.
My opinion is -- it is probably best if the same sex siblings share a bedroom after those first few early years. Sometimes that might mean the ones closest in age, but in larger families it might be best to put same sex siblings that get along with each other the best together.
Every child is different and matures at different rates, even in the same family. You may have to consider each child indivdually to determine when they are ready to leave the nursery and who they would share a room best with. And then again sometimes neccessity may dictate who goes where.
At our house the oldest were the ones to have the own rooms as space became available.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:28 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Jenn always had her own room, unitl Andrew turned two and moved out of our bedroom. The reason we put him in with her was because my grandfather lived with us. I didn't put Andrew in with him because Pappy was up and down a lot in the night and it would have been hard on Andrew trying to sleep.
When Pappy passed away, we moved Andrew to his room. Jenn went off to college a few years later. Her room is now Miriam and Maddie's room.
As long as I can remember, Jamie and I shared a room until I was 13. When my older sister moved out I moved to her room. Leaving Jamie the room to herself.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well I had 4 my DH had 4 and we had 1 so we had Bunks and the older boys were in one room the younger in another and the Girls in one and I dont belive that oppisit sex should be in the same rooms and not more than 3 to 4 to a room Good luck.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My two girls share a room and they are 6 & 11.

When I was growing up there were 5 kids and the 4 girls were in a room together (1-8 yrs) until I was out of a crib. Let me tell you I was in that crib for years LOL. Once a Master bedroom was added on to the back of the house with a bathroom where my parents went my oldest sister moved into their room leaving the 3 of us sharing a room. When my oldest sister went to college I moved into her rooming leaving the twins to share a room.

Roberta