Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Moms of 3 or More

Moms of 3 or More Do you have 3 or more children? Often times, parents with 3 or more kids face challenges that those of 1 or 2 just do not. This board was set up for those parents to ask others how they cope with issues such as making time for each child, who stays u

Old 02-25-2004, 10:17 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Are you finding out?

Congratulations! Are you finding out if you're having a girl or boy? I know it doesn't really matter, just curious. I have a 4 year old boy and 19 month old girl. I would like 2 more. I'm in my mid thirties. Dh is happy with 2 kids though. I counted 10 jumping icons in your post. Maybe you'll end up with 10 kids in all. I also say the more the merrier!;-)

Last edited by KBMommy; 02-25-2004 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Re: Iam new and I have seven girls and one on the way

Quote:
Originally posted by momto7girls
Not many can understand why I want more.

And when they say things like Iam crazy for wanting more, then I think well your crazy for not having more.
I think how many children a couple have is a private and personal decision. It is not for anyone to understand except you & your husband. I have a 19 y.o. daughter by my first husband (passed away when she was almost 5 yrs old) My current husband and I have two sons, ages 12 & 9 (10 in June). There are times that I wish that we had just one more but for the most part, I am quite happy with the size of our family.

Growing up, I had a friend that had 13 siblings. I thought that it was so neat having that many brothers & sisters.

Quote:
If we are were the same in this "world" it would be a boring place.
That is my Dad's favorite saying!!

Quote:
Baby 9 due in november 12th
So, what's her name??

Last edited by Abear; 03-02-2004 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Question How did you..

i know i dont belong here..i only have 1 child but hey hes worth 12 hes very uhh....active...yeah thats it....

how did you know it was right to have more than one.?...

we keep going back and forth about a 2nd but we are definite on not having anymore after that...

on good days im like hey ill have half a dozen...

on bad days (ben just turned 3) i want to run for the hills...

ben wasnt planned nor was i supposed to be able to get pregnant..a little miracle

i feel guilty about it being so unsure...

i dont want to leave ben alone in this world...i had lost both my parents by the time i was 29...i had a brother and sister and recently lost my brother and i think if it werent for them id be all alone....my husband is an only child

any advice

thanks ladies
Old 07-13-2004, 08:15 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

Wow I thought three girls was tough. We are thinking of going for #4, I would like a boy.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bensmom526
how did you know it was right to have more than one.?...

ben wasnt planned nor was i supposed to be able to get pregnant..a little miracle

i feel guilty about it being so unsure... any advice
After I had DD and her Dad passed away, I thought I'd never have any more children. I told everyone that she was my "contribution to society". I thought if I ever remarried, I'd marry someone with children of his own and that would be it.
Well, my DH didn't have any children. Once we met & married, I just "knew" I wanted at least one more. There are days that I wish we had one more.....a little girl. Yes, we have my DD but it just isn't the same as him raising a daughter from birth. He didn;t get to establish a "Daddy's girl" thing.

I wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant either! They told me that when I was 16....at age 19 they wanted to do a hysterectomy! Look at me now....THREE healthy babies delivered. I did, however, have one miscarriage during my 8th week.

Only God knows 100% whether you can carry & bear a child.

No one can tell you what is right for you & DH. Y'all have to decide what is right for your family. I would say to pray about it and let God show you if you & DH are that unsure.

Quote:
Originally posted by ashren
Wow I thought three girls was tough. We are thinking of going for #4, I would like a boy.

I have one DD, aged 20 and two DS. ages 12 & 10.

At this point & time, I would say that when they are younger, boys are much more difficult to raise. But once they hit the midle school age (10-12), girls take the lead......BIG TIME!!!

I love my DD dearly. But from the time she was 10 until about a year ago, I didn't know if we'd both survive her upbringing! She wasn't "bad"......never any real trouble. Her friends were all basically like her......moody at times (hormonal), very picky about her clothes.....wanting to talk on the phone 24/7 about "important stuff".....nothing ever really "big" just constant small stuff. She has always been very respectful.... well except one time when we refused to let her date a particular boy. Once they hot about age 10, girls are a handful while boys are more laid back.....at least that is my experience and what I see in my DD, her friends, my nieces, my two DS and their friends.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Abear said:

"At this point & time, I would say that when they are younger, boys are much more difficult to raise. But once they hit the midle school age (10-12), girls take the lead......BIG TIME!!!

about age 10, girls are a handful while boys are more laid back.....at least that is my experience and what I see in my DD, her friends, my nieces, my two DS and their friends.

Cindy, I hope you are right about boys!!! My son was no problem at all really until he turned 5 and then started school. OMG, He is so mouthy right now!!! Some days I could just hide in a closet ---out of sight, out of mind! Im so looking forward to the "laid back" age.

Now my DD, on the other hand, is quite a handful at 1 yr. old. She isnt bad, just very curious and into everything right now!! She will climb anything that she gets access to, opens every door and cupboard and is very good at speaking her mind right now even though she cant say words just yet.

My son wants to know "why" to everything and wants to figure out what and why things are like they are.

My DD likes try anything once to see if she survives it. Then if she does......lookout because she will find a better challenge around the corner!! There is no asking "why" or "how" with her---she just does it and hopes for the best.

Im sure Ill be looking forward to the "laid back" time with her too!

I wouldnt trade them for anything else in the world!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Last edited by ajrsmom; 07-13-2004 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ajrsmom
My son wants to know "why" to everything and wants to figure out what and why things are like they are.

Typical little boy!! Just wait til he tries to take apart your vacuum cleaner or lawn mower "just to see how they work" !!!
Old 07-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We have a large family of all girls that live down the street from us. Unless they are all together sometimes it is hard to tell who is who they all look so similar. My two sons have had a sister in their classes over the years. As far as boys go. Both of my boys are like night and day. i have one that is more intellectual and one that is more athletic. One is blond with blue eyes and the other has brown and brown. They are so different from each other that they do nothing but fight all the time. Everyone keeps telling me that one day they will be really good friends. i long for that day. Then the little sister comes in. She is a real mixture of the both of them. i think it is because she has had both of them to learn from. She is a girly girl that does all the boy stuff too with her ribbons and bows flying behind her. lol i wait for the next thing that my children are to teach me. i would have had more children but DH had enough and had a V section.
we are a pretty happy family of five.

SueG