Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Moms of 3 or More

Moms of 3 or More Do you have 3 or more children? Often times, parents with 3 or more kids face challenges that those of 1 or 2 just do not. This board was set up for those parents to ask others how they cope with issues such as making time for each child, who stays u

Old 02-25-2002, 09:58 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Triplets

Are there any other families with triplets reading these boards?
I have triplet 2 year olds and a 3 year old. Would love to hear from you!
Old 06-19-2002, 08:02 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Yes! I have triplets! All girls... 7 1/2. I also have a 24 yo son. My trips were natural. Life is great! It's never been the same since having them but I am SO-O-O-O blessed!
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2002, 09:57 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

triplets

Megamom,

You have beautiful children! Thanks for sharing their photo. I've attached a picture that I took of my children this past Christmas. My daughters are spontaneous too. (Not that it should matter- I have read some truly inspiring stories of triplet moms regardless of how they conceived; but it does tell about my story as with yours.) My pregnancy was quite a surprise when my son was 7 months old, as I'm sure yours was with a teenager. I'd love to hear about your experiences.

I am truly enjoying my children's ages. My daughters are really looking forward to their third birthday, and my son just turned four. I'm sure as they get older, it will only get better!

So, you are the wiser mother of multiples...Do you have any words of wisdom you can share? I'd love to hear your story!

MommaBear
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2002, 07:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Many people have said how wonderful that I not dress the girls all alike. At first they were dressed alike occasionally because of baby shower gifts. Then not for a long time [unless I couldn't find three different outfits in the same size]. At this age I allow them to choose. It's not fair for them NOT to have the option.I asked them once if they like to dress the same some times or always different. They said they LIKE to dress the same. They have such a unique bond. They have all been in their own bedroom for at least a year now. They were once before then two of them went through a phase where they didn't want to be alone. Forgive my rambling ... life is so different for triplets. Does it get easier? Well, it gets different.... the constant diapering and feeding changes to constant questions to frequent play dates etc etc Because they are all at the same stage of developement, everything is constant. Sometimes it's exhausting but it's wonderful and I would have another set if possible!!! If you have specific questions, just ask! Oh.. we homeschool, too. hello from eastern Washington.... Beth

p.s. it doesn't matter [ natural trips ] but after 3 miscarriages and giving up- it's a big deal to me!
Old 06-19-2002, 07:33 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Oh, your children are beautiful! I couldn't see the picture before posting. Then it was there. Are they identical? They look it. Did you carry them to term? Any problems during pregnancy etc? Isn't it amazing?!! Well my girls want to go across the street to the park before it gets too dark. I'll check in later...... MEGAMOM
Old 06-20-2002, 12:12 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I agree, life is different for triplets; plus with our son, he adds such a perfect bond to our family life. My daughters are all identical, and it actually took me 8 months before I could tell them apart. Until about 6 months ago, my son couldn't tell them apart. We color-coded our daughters at birth, so my son would just call them the green baby or the yellow baby or the purple baby, depending upon which blanket they carried.

The interesting thing is that my daughters all prefer their colors when given a choice. If you offer them a balloon, for instance, in any colors, they will choose their own colors. What was really cute was when they were learning their colors, they would say each other's names instead of the color.

My daughters personalities are so very different, and their indepence is emerging too. We, too, have clothes that are the same, different, and color-coded. They stand at the bottom of their closet and look up to choose their clothes..."no,no,no,no,hmmm,yes", which gets repeated three times.

I carried my daughters to 31 weeks 6 days. They weighed 3 lbs 3 oz, 3 lbs 5 oz, and 3 lbs 3 oz. They stayed in the hospital for five weeks, and fortunately had no health issues. I wasn't on bedrest, but sat and read to my 16 month old son alot. How was your pregnancy and delivery?

I feel really blessed that I joined a triplet club with over 200 triplet moms when my daughters were 3 months old. I feel fortunate that I met these woman who were going through the same issues as I was (or had gone through them). We also had playdates with 6-10 triplet moms (x3 children). Now that we've relocated, we have made some great friends with singleton moms, and try to keep a constant pace. It is still nice to talk with others that have been there or can relate.

My daughters share a room right now (three toddler beds), and my son has his own room (which for a while he hated-he wanted to be with his sisters). I have a really good preschool set-up for the kids, but am always looking for ways to better it, as well as to organize our life a little better.

I would love to hear how you managed papers, artwork, crafts, etc. for the kids, or how you organized toys when they were younger. I just bought four photo boxes tonight. I plan to put their names on a box, and let them keep their paperdolls in it. I'm really trying to concentrate on clutter-control, as well as, maintaining individuality while sharing a room. Right now, their beds are color-coded down to the rug at the foot of the bed. They love sharing a room, and like you, we plan to address the individual rooms when they are older. Did you set up a specific time each day for homeschooling? I'm sure that I would overload you on questions tonight. I should get some sleep, we are planning an outing tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing and hope to hear from you soon!

Melissa
Old 06-20-2002, 06:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Beth and Melissa,

Your children are absolutely adorable. I give you ladies a lot of credit for having three at once!! I have one little girl (21 months) and she keeps my hands full, I can't imagine two or even three!!

Melissa, that is so neat about the color coding. I can see by the pictures that they must be hard to tell apart. The Christmas picture is wonderful and the girls look so angelic. I'm sure their older brother is a proud little guy!!

Congratulations to you both and enjoy those little ones!!

Jenn
Old 06-20-2002, 07:06 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Though to most people, our daughters look identical- they're not. I've pretty much always been able to tell them apart. In the beginning if I was tired, when my son or husband would ask who they had, if I was tired I would just ask if they picked them up from top left, top right or bottom.

I carried them 30 1/2 weeks. They were 2lb 14oz, 2lb 15oz, and 3lbs, 15 inches each.No real problems. Danielle gave us a scare though. At one point in the NICU, they said her heart was racing and that after doing an ultrasound, x-ray etc, if it didn't slow down overnight, they would have to do a spinal tap. It slowed down. And they all had a & b episodes. They came home after 6 1/2 wks. I was ordered to partial bedrest at 5 months, complete at 6 months- left side only. No sitting up except in the bathroom. One shower a day. I monitored for contractions twice a day and at 6 months started bi-weekly betamethazone [sp] shots so their lungs would develop faster.

With three very artistic girls, the artwork and supplies was getting out of hand. I bought two sets of plastic rolling drawers at Costco and it seems to work. I need to label them, though.And if you have lots of relatives/ friends, make an art project of cardboard frames with magnetic strips on the back to give everyone. Then save special papers/artwork for yourself and grace everyone else with a new one every so often.

Toys: BIG toyboxes! Special toys are individually owned. All else are shared. I found [ as with clothes] if I couldn't find three similar items [same style, different colors, prints, pattern etc ] then it was best to have three that were different. I didn't want one feeling apart with just two having the same thing. And clutter... it's a constant battle! I also have a large dress up collection for them. # of my own plus a neighbor or two can make quite a mess! But they have so much fun... wigs, evening gloves, long dresses, crazy costumes, cowgirl items, even Ronald McDonald costume! Once in a while we'll have burgers and somebody has to dress like Ronald. I seal envelopes and cut off the top and they color them like McD fry bags.

I didn't really worry about individuality when they were in toddler beds [ same room]. They were together in the womb, they're triplets. As you have noticed with yours, they have very different personalities. And it sounds like you give them a lot of opportunities for personal, individual growth- play dates, selecting their own clothes. etc
I should probably get going here. I'll be gone to a chorus retreat this weekend. Special coaching, free time, putting on a show satturdy night etc. Our chorus took first place in the region this year. Lots to do today so things are easy for my husband.;-)
*****Beth*******
Old 12-29-2002, 07:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky congrats

megamom and mommabear: you are so lucky!! I have twins, 7 yo boys, and the Man Upstairs decided we needed a girl only when they were only 3. (now my dd is 4 adn the boys are 7) NOT the same as triplets, but one of my twins is adhd, and the other is gifted... my dd picks up both of those traits life is a three way circus..
Old 01-19-2003, 05:50 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

another triplet mom

Dear Mommabear,
I saw your message regarding your triplets plus one. I am a mother of two single girls (one year apart) and then natural triplets. The triplets are identical girls with a fraternal brother. Currently, the kids are ages 6, 5 and 4,4,4. I saw the picture you posted of your children. They're gorgeous.

I would like to talk more with you and the other mother of triplets that sent in the photo. I am new at this type of communication, so, I will make this short and see how it goes. Hope to hear from you. Julie