Calling all moms with 3 or more!

• Have more than 3 kids? Well this thread is for you! Come share your story/experience.

• Did you bottle or breastfeed?
    • Did you use cloth diapers or disposable diapers?
    • Did you rely on store-bought formula/baby food or make it from scratch (homemade)?
    • Did you outfit your children with store-bought clothing or thrift store finds?
    • Did you live by hand-me-downs?
    • Were you a stay-at-home mom?
  • I have 4 bio children 3 girls and a boy
    Breast fed first 2 then bottle fed other two.
    Used cloth diapers
    Only used formula until the cans ran out that hosp
    sent me home with.
    Store bought and some hand me downs
    Except for about a year after 1st was
    born then total stay at home till they
    were well old enough to stay at home
    or were in school
  • Pag36. I miss the old days when moms stayed at home. Not only were the lives of the children made better for it, general family-life IMO was better, too. It provided a good solid basis for structure and scheduling.
  • I totally agree with you. Thankful my Gina
    has been able to stay at home with Steven other that
    for the first year after he was born. I think he is for sure
    better and loving etc than if she had of had to work outside
    the house.
  • I think your grandson was better off, too.

Accountability and discipline is upheld when a mother is at home, and the old saying, "there's no place like home" rings true Re: this. When a child falls ill at school or outside of the family home, there's nothing like being able to come home to ones very own domain, and knowing there is always a warm home and caring home to arrive home to, speaks volumes as to a child's peace of mind and general overall comfort.

I wouldn't have had it any other way. It was clear (way before we had children) that I would remain at home and raise the children and tend to the domestic side of things, and to this day there are no regrets.
  • We lived together up till '06 and now
    we are just across the street from each other. She remarried
    and moved across the street and then he bought this house
    for me to live in. So Steven is still with me tho' he
    sleeps over there lol.
    Good nite all
  • Oh, how I love it when family lives close/nearby!

My SIL lives across town from us... which equates to a short 6-7 minute drive, and my sister lives even closer!

We were always there for one another, especially when our kids were little. Always a babysitter! My parents live just minutes away, too.