Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Moms of 3 or More

Moms of 3 or More Do you have 3 or more children? Often times, parents with 3 or more kids face challenges that those of 1 or 2 just do not. This board was set up for those parents to ask others how they cope with issues such as making time for each child, who stays u

Old 05-25-2007, 09:30 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

If you could stop time, what age would you have loved to keep them at?

Just the other night I was laying next to my 6 month old baby boy. And I thought about how wonderful he is.

And I thought, if I could only stop time this is probably the age I would keep him at!!

He has such a wonderful personality. He can show me love, he loves to hug, yes, even though he is only 6 months old.

He really thinks I am the greatest person on earth!

He does nothing bad. And he don't talk back. He wants to be by my side all the time. I don't have to wonder about where he is or what he is doing!

And I would never have to wonder what he will do.

I know it sounds greedy. But, with having an 18, 17, 12 and 7 year old. I really got to think about it, and can feel all the different age stages.

What age would you stop your kids at?

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hee hee

We have really enjoyed all the stages of our ds and dd (now 25 and almost 23 yrs old), but I do remember thinking how wonderful they were when they were 4 and 2 years old. They were best friends (still are!) and sooo adorable. Everything in life made them smile and they were so easy to keep happy. I wish that they could have stayed 4 & 2 for at least a few more years!

Old 10-17-2010, 06:53 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have often thought what was the best time of my life? I am now 70, and seem to spend a quite a bit of time reminiscing.(sp). My 5 were 9yrs. old to newborn.
but the very best time was when they were 12, 11, 9, 6 and 3 They were all out of diapers and the baby stage, and we travelled with them all over the place We took them to zoos and wonderland and had picnics and went fishing, all of the fun stuff. My youngest turns 38 today, so they are 47, 46, 44, 41 and 38 now and I still have a great time with them and my 8 grands. ages 22 down to 7
Old 11-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I don't think I would stop at an age. I would have at 3 and 5, but then I would have missed 8 and 10, and 16 and 18 (which is where we are at now). I have decided that I grow with my kids so I am enjoying wherever they are at.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This is something I have thought about quite a lot over the past 5 or 6 years - teenage years for my dds! I think I would like to suspend time when they were 8 and 5 - 3rd grade and kindergarten. We spent a lot of time together back then and they actually wanted to be with DH and I! Now they are 20 and 17. My 20-year-old and I are spending more time together again, but my 17yo dd still considers me an embarassment most of the time.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:42 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I'd relive the baby days again. Loved those years! Every day was different, and each and every day made for interesting and fun situations and experiences.