Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Education > Middle School

Old 06-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

His writing in the journel and reading it out loud is helping. I think. He gets to choose the topics and sometimes, it is just about what he did all day. His confidence is up, right now.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good idea. Hope his spirits keep positive thru the summer.
Vicky
Old 06-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I hope so. He told me tonight, that he is glad there is only two more days left of summer school. Too bad, we didn't find out about his LD sooner, cause he wouldn't have had to attend. He is doing well.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My son went to summer school only once. And then it was only about money and how to write checks. It didn't seem to me that's what they should've been teaching him at the second grade level. They ended up with a set of twins that were in the same class, who then went and got their mom's check book and was writning checks out of it. Don't figure.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, summer school is over. DS did very well. Everything is one on one, with all work done there and out loud.

We went to the library and he had to get a book to read. He wanted something animated, but I vetoed it. He has to read it then give me a one page report and read it orally.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good for you Bernice. Asking questions about the stories help their comprehension of what is happening in the story too.

I've been slacking this summer on making dd2 write & cut but need to get back on the band wagon this week as it doesn't help her by not doing it.

Roberta
Old 06-24-2009, 05:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hey Bernice,

Kudos for staying on top of the problem. He may not be happy about it now. But, later on in life he will be glad you pushed him now.

Have a cool summer. Been hot the last few days here.
Vicky
Old 06-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Been hot here too!

I am for education. It is the key to everything. I just wish it would be easier for DS.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Don't know who is still monitoring this particular thread, but GOOD NEWS! It is amazing what a year can do. Last year, we were struggling to get DS diagnosed with a learning disability. With the help we have been getting and his learning how to help himself, I am proud to announce, DS has made "STUDENT OF THE MONTH" for March. WhhoooooHooooo!
Old 03-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Congrats Bernice.

Roberta