Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Member Memorials This forum is dedicated to those beloved members that have left this Earth. Your friends will never forget you.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Assistant Moderator

Memories of Craftldy (Donna Marie)

Here is a thread to write down your memories of Donna Marie.
I remember the first time I talked with her on the phone. She was so surprized that I called. She felt if no one cared. LOL.. how wrong for it seemed everyone liked her..

Donna and I became friends because of our husband's health. When I read her post and saw that her husband (John) had so many of the same kind of health problems, I understood what it was like.. since my precious husband was going thru some of those same health problems.
I called, we talked and talked. It was hard to get my ears used to the Maine accent once again from having a friend that I used to have that had a Maine accent as well.
Soon enouht that accent was no more to my ears...

Many of times when I would call, I would talk to her John, and she would talk with my John.. My husband, would ask " have you called to Maine lately to see how Donna Marie is doing or how her husband is doing" if the reply was no, he told me to call. So I did.

Donna and I would talk about what it was like to be a caregiver to our mates, and what they didnt' do when they should of, the meds, our dr visits and how often, and the list goes on and on...

Whenever I would get sick and she hadn't heard from me, she would call to check in where she could post for me.. an I tried to do the same for her.

Then we would at times discuss which one of our guys would go first... mine decided to do so.. She was there talking to me almost every night after his death.

We would butt heads at times, but that didn't destroy our friendship.. it just made us closer to oen another..knowing we could be open and blunt with one another.

I know my John would tease me it the Southern gal vs Maine and we both were stubborn but which one is more stubborn is the question of the day.
Donna and I would just laught...

After our husband's death, we would talk about what it was like to be a widow, we would talk about the loneliness, the saddness, our kids, and the list goes on...

Last phone chat we had was on the 7th, and I will not forget how she told me she loved me and she cherish our friendship... I just didnt' know that would be the last phone call.

I recalled having a friendship flower named after her yrs back... we all loved her.. and she will be missed..

Let's not think of the way she may have passed, but let's remember the sweet and caring peson she was to each one of us.. the time she gave to so many, the extend hand she offer to so many, and now she at peace with her John, no more loneliness, and she is with many that she loved and cherish that was once a member of FC that has passed on..

Donna we love you.. although we never met Iface to face, in my heart we had met.. when my chores are done here on earth I will met u face to face
till then u will be missed by me.. Love you girl, abd thanks for the memories and friendship...

Now you gone and you will be missed by all, but for me, it another hole left in my heart....that can't be replace...

the last image I did for her was the one below... that just seems fitting to post here
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I cherish the memory of DM she called me often (as does Bar~Bar) and was very faithful in calling when I had my knee done in May '07 and hip in April '09 and then Gallbladder last year on same day my dear 1st hubby passed away. True Dick & I had not been together in yrs and both of us had remarried we still cared about each other. DM knew that and after I got home from g~bladder she called to check on me and we talked about surgery and Dick. When she knew we were having his funeral in Arlington Nat Cemetary she called me day after to see how I was.
Yes DM was a great lady and will be missed by so very many. She was a good friend to all. I am concerned about Boots
Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This is a beautiful idea. I met Donna-Maria here on Family Corner. We connected when she said her son lived in Palm Coast and we came to realize that he lived literally down the street from me.
I am one of the lucky ones who met DM in person. She was tiny. I didn't expect her to be so tiny, I guess because she's vociferous, lol.
Donna Maria is a lot of fun. She's smart, she's certainly crafty like her FC name states and I loved that she says it like it is. I fell in love with her instantly!
Her family didn't treat her well. I was really upset that they were left there to fend for themselves but with no transportation to get anywhere! They didn't even provide them with coffee. I remember standing there thinking this is this man's dying father and he comes home at 8pm with a cheeseburger! And that's all he provided all day! The children were loud and up all night long, even after they asked them to stop. They didn't even get to take a shower one time they were there, I was disgusted with the way they cared for them. I took them out to eat, took them to buy food [which her grandchildren ate!] and took DM to buy some craft items at Michaels. I told her next time she came, she could stay with me. My house was quieter, cleaner and we had food! I didn't want to post all the negative [there's even more] online because that was DM's family and even though she was upset that they cared so little, she had a big heart full of love and she just wanted to embrace them all. And she was proud of her family, regardless of their faults. That's another reason why I loved her so much!
I am going to miss DM. My daughter is getting married in Sept. I was supposed to drive to Maine then to go get DM and take her to Massachusetts with me while I was there. Her and Boots. I'm saddened that won't happen. I'm devestated that she is gone. And at times, angry with her family with how little they cared for her. I will miss her for the rest of my life. I'm looking forward to the day I can meet her again on the other side of the rainbow.
R.I.P sweet DM you're so loved and missed by FC and FB friends!
Felicia

Old 03-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I have all the post cards DM sent me and pix I printed out of her on my wall where I can see them all the time. RIP dear DM
Old 03-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Felicia, What you had to say about DM and John visiting their son and his family just breaks my heart. How can people be so selfish?

I'm glad she had you while she was there.

I will always remember her as being very caring and friendly. A sweetie.

I will cherish the postcards I got from her.

And I hope to see her in Heaven someday.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
RIP Donna-Marie

You will be truly missed here at FC by all of us.
Attached Images

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I haven't talked to DM since my own person problems began about 3 years ago. I don't think John had passed yet, but cannot remember for sure. One thing I do remember about our conversations is how difficult it was for me to understand her! I don't think it was because of the way she talked but rather the way I could hear. I am from the South and many who have heard me talk know I have a drawl. My brain had a difficult time understanding her accent. lol I would keep asking her to repeat and repeat. lol

BarBar, I think you had her call me for some reason, but I cannot remember why. We talked several times and she seemed like such a precious and kind lady. I don't think she had an unkind bone in her body. I think she deserved better in life than what she got, but life is what it is.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Assistant Moderator

Donna-Maria and I bonded because of the state of Maine. She lived in Maine and I am from Maine now living in NH so we were both New Englanders. I never talked to her on the phone but bet I wouldn't have had a problem with her accent! LOL (I probably have the same one!) She and I would talk about what it was like to live in the northeast - how cold and long the winters are, how beautiful the summers are, how much we loved the ocean. She would keep me filled in on what was happening in Maine and we always let each other know when a bad storm was coming. She was always so kind and thoughtful. I was very upset when I heard how badly her family treated her and John when they went to visit. I cannot imagine ever treating my own parents that way so can't imagine why her own son was so inconsiderate and uncaring. She deserved so much better. I am going to miss DM.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 03-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Nine Year Member

I met DonnaMarie in 2009 on FC when she was posting Her telephone # for people to call Her. She was coming to Florida and wanted My number so we could keep in touch since everyone was working or going to school in Her Son's house.
Thought She was amazing making the trip with John so sick by plane to see His family before He died. She would call to tell Me where they went and what happened each day. He loved going to the games the grandkids played in at school. They were glad to get home to their quiet apt. After that we did keep in contact weekly as John got sicker. When He died She was very depressed. Losing John's best friend
Roland Senior a few months later and reliving the funeral arrangements and cleaning up His apt. took a toll on Her. She was even there for Rolands Son who was left alone ending up in a hospital sick. I think that was when She just wanted to move and get away from everything and start new. After that some of Her friends started relocating to different areas. It was hard being alone after eye surgery. The heavy snow became to much to deal with and the high heating bills. At the end even Her lap top start giving Her trouble and could not use it. Good thing She had John's old computer in the back room to use but it was always cold in there.
She always called You darling when you called and signed off saying She Loved You. Though we never met we held the same old fashion values being Italian like Her.
She told it as it was and didn't pull any punches which made You laugh at times.

She wanted to move but could not part with all Her precious memories that She collected over the years. Her bell collection was beautiful in its own Curio cabinet.
Her camera was Her outlet to show everyone the enjoyment visiting different places and scenes from Her window with the snow. She couldn't wait to show Me how she looked in a new dress or new hairdo with Her camera.
I already miss Her phone calls and Her cheery tone when She answered. Always asked if She ate and took Her meds.
She knew I was proud of Her and that made Her Happy.
I am so happy FC was there for Her too, with so many wonderful people to share Her days.
Rest In Peace, Donna Marie
________
Sueanne

Old 03-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sueanne, I love that she called you darling. She always called me Hon. I will miss that.
I never thought she had an accent or was hard to understand, maybe because I was born a yankee. I do not talk w/an accent [yankee] but I enjoy hearing it. Don't know when/where/how I lost mine but it's gone. I talk normal..... ha ha ha.
Goodnight DM , love and miss you.
Felicia