Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Member Memorials This forum is dedicated to those beloved members that have left this Earth. Your friends will never forget you.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I did not know Donna, but I so wish that I did. The beautiful memorials that you have all posted, show that she was a special lady and loved by many. She will be sorely missed by her FC friends.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Thank you Debbie for notifying me about Donna Marie...I will miss her very much...She was a true friend and is now with the "Love of her Life"...I have so many beautiful post cards that Donna Marie sent to me over the last few years...She loved the dolls I made and was thrilled when I made one just for her in her favorite colors...I never got the chance to meet her but I feel so blessed to have had her and John as friends...God Bless You Donna Marie...Hugs

Last edited by BuddyBeanieBaby; 03-15-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Nine Year Member

Felicia..You were the best thing that happened to DonnaMarie. She really enjoyed meeting You. That was wonderful that You took the time to take Her & John to lunch when they were there even though You were working & taking care of a family.
She enjoyed the time You both spent at the beach together too. Felt young and alive again with You. Bet She wished You were Her daughter.
I had no problem understanding Her either since I came from NJ.
Wonder who did find Her and what happened to Boots. Someone must have called the Family wish we knew?
_______
Sueanne

Old 03-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes Felicia she told me too that she wished you were her daughter. How her son could treat her that way is beyond my grasp. I too wonder where Boots is she loved that cat so very much.
Theresa I miss hearing from you. I hope you got my emails.
RIP dear DM we all miss you
Old 03-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi Ladies, Her daughter in law Chris never responded to me, I doubted she would....
I have looked in the paper and no obituary, nothing about her. So sad. She deserves better.
Thank you for all the kind words, I felt like her daughter, and I had hoped to see her again this Sept. This is very hard for me to get past.
Felicia

Old 03-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

How sad no obit for her. I will buy a small cat ornament for my tree and will have DM and date we lost her on it. I have several already in honor of ones we have lost from FC. Not that I need an ornament to remind me of them I just like the idea.
Good nite all and will add you Felicia to my prayers as know this is rough on you.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:07 PM

Donna Marie first started calling me when John first got sick. Nightly calls that usually lasted an hour. She would call anytime between 7PM and 1AM. I had to listen closely to what she was saying. I love the New England accent.
She knew I am a night owl. When she called early in the evening she alwasy talked to Buck. He always got her to laugh. She enjoyed talking to him.
I miss her calls and daily emails.

I also wonder who found her. And who notified her family.

Felicia, I well remember all the good things she had to say about you and how she wished you were her daughter.

I think we should all get together on a certain day and time and say a prayer for her.
It would be like we are having a special prayer time for her since she didn't want a service. Anyone have any ideas on this? Or would this go against her wishes? If it does I apologize for my thought.

We all miss you Donna Marie. Rest in Peace. We love you.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Sharon I think that is a nice idea. If the other ladies agree just let me know when. Good nite back to bed with me
Old 03-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I wrote your name on a piece of paper but I accidentally threw it away,
I wrote your name on my hand but it washed away,
I wrote your name in the sand but the waves whispered it away,
I wrote your name in my heart and forever it stayed...

Rest in Peace Donna Marie...
Old 03-17-2011, 05:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Sharon, I think that is a fine idea you have to remember Donna Marie.
Let me know if and when you decide to do something.