Our Condolences and Memories of Carol Ann - Page 15 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Member Memorials This forum is dedicated to those beloved members that have left this Earth. Your friends will never forget you.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Blondie, I wish there were more TV shows that made you laugh...they all seem to be about crime. ugh!

Side splitting laughter, does a body good!

janet
(rain in Mi.)
Old 06-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

janet

I watched crime programs, too, but have noticed in recent times how they, too, have included things that just are not necessary. So, I have stopped watching those which I find offensive.

Last month I took part in a TV survey by he Neilsen people regarding programs, ~~~what we watched, and how often, etc. When I finished I found I had mostly News programs on, with some sports, and reality programs.

I was asked to make comments of my own about all, and told them that we did not watch much TV, and when we wanted lessons in human anatomy, and foul language I would turn TV back on. To that I added, "You don't really wonder what is wrong with today's kids~~~DO
you?

I don't believe for an instant the media doesn't know what is wrong with what is shown. It is the almighty dollar that runs things, and I am sick of their definition of entertainment. It is not necessary to use the language they use to express themselves. It just shows they are not equipped with the ability to use acceptable language.

I KNOW what is funny, and rotten language is NOT!

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.

Last edited by Blondie; 06-08-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Nine Year Member

Our friend Bonnie 50 just came on FC after an absence of a few months. She was shocked to hear about losing her cyberspace sister Carol Anne.
I hope she reads this thread so she can add her feelings too what she meant to her.

Blondie... We all love you and are here for you. Please let us fill your life and be part of your family too.
______
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2007, 05:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Sueanne, I heard Bonnie was back..I am trying to find her posts and say "Hi" too.

Love, Janet
Old 08-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hey ya'll!
I have been off the boards for quite sometime and shame on me!!

I was sorry to hear about Carol Ann back when she passed away, too. I was in her group from the very beginning sharing coupons and I sure miss her!! I think I was her "daughter" #4, in fact.

What a legacy she has.

Hello to all of you and I hope to get to know some of you "newbies" as well and to be posting more often now.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sueanne, you always have such nice things to say about others. I think one reason I haven't done much posting is my girl's passing has had more of an effect on me than I realized.

I used to begin my days checking FC to see if she had done any posting, OR sent one directly to me. It is so different now that she is gone, and it feels so empty now. I still picture her sitting on her living room floor with all the coupon inserts, and sorting, and cutting them out. She almost had an "office" in that room, with file boxes, and a system all her own to help keep up with the those who wanted certain coupons.

Things just aren't the same now that one more has left the family. I hope she has some peace now.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:01 AM

Blondie, I know how you feel about someones passing has had an affect on you. I come here to FC just to make me feel better when I'm down. The girls here keep me upbeat. I'll say it again, I don't know what I would have done, or do without them.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

coll

Thank you for your understanding, coll. I understand there are many people with much worse problems in their lives than I have, but she was my only girl of four children. When I remember how healthy she always was until she left home, I never would have dreamed of any of the things happening to her that did, especially how her health seemed to go straight downhill.
Nor would I have thought she would be gone before me. We sort of locked horns at times when she was growing up, but it was a case of her not caring too much for what some house rules were, and a determined mother!! I did not back off a lot the kids tried to pull, and try they did. I told them I was their mother, and I made decisions I felt best at the times they wanted to do things, "because so-and-so" could. I must say I wasn't too popular many times. LOL! I have told them all since that there are things I would do differently, but still would do what I felt was right, and when their turns came, they could make their own choices, and they had better be right. Each has had a turn at things they were sure never would happen to them.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Assistant Moderator

Blondie it good to see you posting again, I do hope you will continue to come back as we do care for you too.

I can relate to you about sticking to your rules as I did the same with my daughter and most of the time she would leave due to she didn't want to follow rules. I would tell her to follow the house rules or there was the door.
We can only do what we think is best.

Believe me Carol Ann read a story of mine about my dad and she thanked me for that story due to it woke her up to see a side that she hadn't seen before. She realize that she was blessed for having you and I bewlieve she also mention about her dad but could ber wrong in that.
What I do remember was she thanked me for sharing that story with her and that it woke her up to see a different side that she hadn't thought about.

So I know in the end she was thankful for you and how you stuck to your guns..

I hope that information will help you.

Jnlowe girl it about time you pop back into Fc where on earth have you been. you been missed by me. Glad to have you back girl.
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

bar-bar

I found out by doing that rearing children was no picnic most of the time, and also remember telling my mother that I thought they would be "fun" when they were teenagers. ~~To that remark she rolled her eyes!! LOL! ~~~Oh wellll!
When Carol and older brother, Michael, were both in school I had the days to myself, and a neighbor girl,and her baby boy used to come over at times. That baby was a true delight, and very soon ole Blondie got "ideas"!!
Lo, and behold, shortly
after, I announced #3
was on the way. It was
not too well-accepted by
"Daddy", but when it's there, what can one do?
Soon a bouncing baby boy was part of the group, and THAT one I had all kinds of time for, as the first two were only 13 months apart. I played with him all the time, and just lavished strong love on him. I missed many nights' sleep when he almost died of colitis, and with other illnesses, too, but he was my little dumpling, and at the time, he was a sweet little guy. Everyone who met him said the same thing.

Today????? No one knows where he is, although we have an idea. It seems
he wants nothing to do
with ANY of his family,
and I haven't heard from him since March 19, of 1981. He also has
changed, legally, his last name, not only
once, but second time. My thoughts about that
are that at the end of his first divorce, he left his former wife, and two sons, and owed over $40,000.00 in child support.

Now, as for brother, Dan, he is the one who was a real challenge when small, and most of the time he was home. I delberately had him, because Terry was such a joy as a small boy. Why, in Heaven's name, I
thought he would be like Terry, I don't know, but I had my eyes opened about the time he was able to crawl around, getting into all sorts of things. And at two
year's of age, he was in the emergency department of two different hospitals five times in eleven months for various head injuries from falls outdoors, and drinking plant food, and eating baby aspirins that I had taken with us on a month-long camping trip. Both of those episodes brought the police in to see what I might have done to him!! Of course, his stomach was pumped both times.

Throughout the following years, he always was in hot water with a teacher at school for fighting, and also in the neighborhood with the kids. He spent most of his growing-up years like this, and believe me, he was NOT a second sweet Terry to take care of. I seem to learn many things the hard way!! LOL! I couldn't send him back, so had to keep him. Well, today HE'S not talking to me. He last called the end of the 90s. and ever since one trip up to Carol's when she took me over to see him while I was up that way, he hasn't contacted me at
all. When he gets mad at something, or someone, he doesn't give second chances, or bother to say why he's mad. So, I

give up. He also was mad at Carol for not letting him know she was back in Michigan from Florida, and when he saw her in the car the day she she took me over, he probably thought I
deliberately had her with me in an effort to get him to accept her again. A big problem with him is that we know he once used drugs, and feel he has messed up his mind, and so we just let things go. I cannot keep up with such nonsense. He didn't get any of it from me, or his father, and this is HIS problem. He isn't going to make it mine.
Life's too short, and I can' be bothered.

Last edited by Blondie; 08-05-2007 at 11:04 AM.