Our Condolences and Memories of Carol Ann - Page 14 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Member Memorials This forum is dedicated to those beloved members that have left this Earth. Your friends will never forget you.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I learned some things Blondie but like you said things have changed a LOT over the years. She was a good nurse always in demand for private duty which she did sometimes along with her regular floor work. Even tho' it is now 12 yrs I still miss her so much. But then we all miss our Moms if they are not still with us.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Blondie, it is so nice of you to share your life with all of us here..you have had such an interesting life and you are truly blessed!

Hugs, Janet
Old 06-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have been reading through this whole page tonight, and found I made a mistake when writing that I began with the Gray Ladies in 1967. It was 1960-one day after Kennedy had been elected. !967 was when I began as an aide, after being with the Gray Ladies for seven years. Not that I expected it to matter to anyone, but it bothered me. LOL!

janet, I never thought others would think my life was so interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed hospital work, because it gave me a chance to do for others, and get to know many people. I never dreamed what health problems so many had, because I never have had serious ones myself most of my life. My experience with medical things included a tonsilectomy at 12 years of age, a few teeth pulled, and four children up to the time I worked. It was an experience to learn of such serious health issues many had. It made me see how fortunate I had been, for so many had spent a good many years as sick people, with pain of some sort. Even so, at this age, and after a cholecystectomy, hysterectomy, and a pacemaker, I still am very fortunate to feel well.

When I was young I wasn't the least bit interested in "old" people. I guess I didn't think it would happen to me, but when working with them I had a complete change of feeling. In spite of being very ill, and, or in much pain, they could be a joy to know, and many were interesting to listen to about their life experiences. One woman I had had been in a Nazi concentration camp during WWII, and showed me her tattoo. I felt such sadness then to know she had had to endure such beastiality.

I met some visitors I had gone to school with, and hadn't seen since we all left, plus people from different countries with their stories to tell. Had I never gotten into it I'd have missed all of that. It all makes fond memories for me.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Blondie, thanks for sharing more of "you" with us.

I guess a lot of us think our life is boring. But as you know to lots of us yours sure is not.

And it is so nice that you have all these wonderful memories and God has granted you the ability to remember them in such detail.

My prayer is God grants you many more years
Old 06-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank you, PattiG.

Back in the mid-70s when I began to look into my family tree, it was then that I wished the elders in the family had done more talking about past family members. I lived with my mother, and two brothers at the time with our grandmother, and her bachelor brother. Sometimes they would talk about family in England, but not a lot in front of us kids. They didn't do that in those days, so I got just wisps of names at the time. It used to irritate me no end when coming home from school to find a relative visiting the elders, and all suddenly stopped talking when they heard me. It would have been so interesting to learn of past family at that time, but they just didn't talk in front of kids even about that.

I grew up in a home with NO loud voices, or arguing, no bad language, or drinking or smoking, and all was peaceful. We lived in such tranquility I honestly believed everyone lived as we did. I was green as grass, and happier for it at the time. I had a lot of rude awakenings as I grew older that I was not prepared for, so have been content in the knowledge my earlier years were so calm, with no upset.

It would have been a great help with the family tree though, to have been told about various family members when I was young. It was so interesting when I began working on it, that it was an addiction for years. Eventually, I found information which helped, and has been added to by others who got into it. but a lot is missing yet. Pictures often had no information written on the backs, with dates, or places, and so a lot had to be unused.
People just didn't seem to feel it was going to be of use since they knew all about those in the pictures. Lack of communication left a lot to be desired for those coming after them.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

You are very welcome. I know what you mean about pix and nothing written on the backs. I have tried to delve into My background but like you they did not talk "in front of the kids" so only bits and pieces. and like one of my great uncles was only called R C and have NO idea what it stands for kinda think the C might be Carson as that was Dad's middle name.

I am going to put me to bed did not realize it was nearly midnite. Sure hope the nurse or aide does not come toooo early in the morn lol. Good nite and God bless all
Old 06-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Blondie, I believe everyone has a story inside them...regardless of age, social status, or mental ability.

I think we learn so much from people..maybe it is the way they survived a horrible situation, a disease, being trapped in a child -like state, homeless, or even being blessed with a happy start in life. We can learn from everyone.

All of us have a purpose here on earth..and we never know how our lives touch so many other lives, and how many others we are helping.

Our family stories get lost, so that is why it is important to preserve your stories.

All of us can be an inspiration to others!

Blessings,
Janet
Old 06-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

janet~~~

You may be too young to remember a program many years ago, emceed by Ralph Edwards, I believe, called, "This Is Your Life". One I watched was about some well-known woman singer. She had so many things happen to her in her life that were hilarious, and some not so that the audience was in hysterics with laughter. It was hard to believe one person could experience so much, one thing right after another without a break. I laughed so hard my sides hurt. I wish there would be re-runs of programs like that one. The world could use
them In fact, a good number of the prgrams that first were on TV. There were some real comedians then.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Blondie I loved This is your Life and you are right on who emceed it. Liked him a lot too. Always liked things with Art Linkletter too. Did you ever watch "Queen for a Day"? I also enjoyed that one.

Okay friends headed to bed. Take care all
Old 06-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Assistant Moderator

Blondie, boy do I wish they would bring back some of the old tv program, you are so right we could learn from them and it can bring make memories and laughter.

I love to hear of others stores for again we learn from them and it helps us to grow.

I'm so glad you are posting and allow us to know you more.
Know you matter to us here at FC...
Hugs and prayers are with you.
Keep on writting
GOD BLESS
Attached Images