Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Meal Planning & Grocery Shopping If you plan out your meals, grocery shopping bills can be sliced and diced!

Old 02-08-2004, 06:34 AM
Nine Year Member

Hi Elle
I hope you checked out this site. It is of Steph's and is no longer active but now in the archives on the web. It is a great site for menus, recipes and a whole lot of good things. I have made lots of things from her recipes and all were good. Once you get the site up you will want to keep poking around and printing all the good stuff you find here. Be sure to bookmark the site. I also keep it on my desktop as it has so much help to inspire one. Here is the site again and I hope you find it is just what you are looking for. Just don't miss this one.

http://web.archive.org/web/200110240...nuarchives.htm

Happy planning those meals!

Kricket on beautiful coast of SW Oregon
Old 02-09-2004, 12:16 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you all so much for the ideas. I have had a ball searching them all... now I just have to get busy and set up some plans that I like. The ideas from all these sites sure help.

Kricket, you're right, I really like that link. Thanks a heap!

Old 02-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

try kraft foods.com it is really super and kid friendly too i also use meals.com cambells has good ones tooi got a great cookbook software that is really good called the good cook for only 9.95 at office max i love it it does diets let you write your own etc. there are some good atkins friendly ones too atkins.com has links to some of these... nice to see im not the only one that does this meal planning stuff . i like to plan them print my shopping list have fun
Old 05-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb Another menu site or two with weekly menus plus grocery list & recipes

is found at www.menus4moms.com . There are also articles on the site that are good. Menu archives are also available free.

I subscribe to SavingDinner.com too. That was already listed ( www.menumailer.net ). The sample menus are great too.

Both places offer grocery lists along with the recipes provided in the menus. Both can be received via e-mail each week -- Menus for Moms on Thursdays and Saving Dinner on Tuesdays/Wednesdays.

Last edited by ranae_aka_mom; 05-29-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Welcome to Family Corner! If you get a chance be sure to Introduce Yourself so that others can get to know you. As well as the food section here, our sister site, Moms Menu also is a great place to share your recipes and plan menus! I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Home Made Simple

The Home Made Simple website has some tips about meal planning and a downloadable mealplanner.

Our own Family Corner has a mealplanner that I developed a while back. Link is in my signature file below.

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
~*~ Thoughts for 2007 ~*~
~*~ Number 2 - In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal. ~*~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
Old 12-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Head Moderator

How about sharing your menus here? I like to keep several around of mine just for when I'm stuck on a full meal. It always helps me to look at others when I'm stuck in that mode. So I plan on sharing them here, won't you share your menus here also?
Here is a good lunch menu

Fruit Salad
Toasted Salmon Sandwiches
Floating Island* with chocolate topping
Coffee or iced Tea

*Floating Island
Serves 4

3 cups milk
1/2 vanilla bean
9 yolks
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 quarts water
6 egg whites

In a saucepan bring the milk to a boil with vanilla bean. Let sit 15 minutes to mix. Whisk yolks with 1 cup of the sugar then temper with hot milk. Return to the heat and cook gently to thicken. Strain and place over ice water and stir to cool and thicken. Chill.
Simmer 2 quarts of water in a large frying pan but do not boil. Meanwhile, beat the whites until stiff but not dry. Gradually add the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar and continue beating till glossy, about 30 more seconds. Place a large sheet pan next to the water, lined with waxed paper dampened slightly. Using a large star tip or 2 dessert spoons or an ice cream scoop and squeeze out rosettes onto the paper. Using a spatula lift the rosettes off the paper 1 at time and slide them into the simmering water. Poach for 7 minutes on the bottom then turn over for 3 minutes but do not allow them to touch while poaching. Drain on a dish towel. Remove to a sheet pan and chill.
Serve floating islands in a bowl of the vanilla sauce
Old 01-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Head Moderator

Sauerkraut Stuffed Pork Chops
Baked Potatoes
Asparagus
Lettuce - Tomato Salad
Rolls
Angel Food Cake
Coffee, Tea, Milk