Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Meal Planning & Grocery Shopping If you plan out your meals, grocery shopping bills can be sliced and diced!

Old 10-21-2003, 05:44 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Lightbulb Pantry Challenge

I am having to use what is in my pantry right now. I was wondering if anyone would like to join me in a pantry challenge. You would only use what is in your pantry and freezer. You could buy things that spoil...fresh fruits & vegetables and dairy products.

Anyone game?

Chrissy
Old 10-22-2003, 04:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tonight we had Hambergers from the freezer. I had froven them in packs of 5 after a cook out we had. Served with a baked potato's.

Last night we had cooked turkey from the freezer. I mixed a can of mushroom soup, chicken gravy mix and instant rice, plus water. It turned out tastey.

Haven't closed my eyes and open the freezer tonight and reached in yet for tomarrow meal. I might fixed beans in the crock.

This be Tree
Old 10-22-2003, 04:21 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Tonight we had leftover chicken breasts & ham, frozen peas & egg noodles. My kids loved it

LuvMyFF
Old 10-22-2003, 06:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Re: Pantry Challenge

Quote:
Originally posted by LuvMyFF
Anyone game?
Normally, I would be more than up for the challenge. However, if I were to try to do that right now, my family would practically starve.

I desperately need to do some major grocery shopping!

Can I stock my pantry and then join in or would that be cheating???
Old 10-23-2003, 03:17 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Re: Re: Pantry Challenge

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Abear93
Can I stock my pantry and then join in or would that be cheating??? [/B]
Sure! ;-) I am going camping on Monday so my pantry might be hurting a little as well.

Today for breakfast~ French Toast sticks(bought on sale buy 1 get 1 free.), turkey sausage(freezer), juice

Lunch~soup & baked potatoes.

Dinner~OUT FOR DINNER. Tonight is the last soccer game of the season and the team is going out to eat afterwards. Good news is that I have already paid for it So I just need to bring some extra $$$ for a tip ). Not very frugal, but atleast I don't have to pay $$$ tonight for it.

Chrissy
Old 10-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tonight we had porkchops out of the freezer. Mash potatoes with gravy made from the pan dripping from cooking the chops.

Lunch at store Michael (my 10 year olf fixed chief salad. using up some end pieces of baked ham and smoked turkey..

This be tree
Old 11-04-2003, 02:32 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yesterday we had oatmeal & muffins for brekafast. Lunch was homemade pizzas, and dinner was pan fried steaks that I picked up extremely cheap yesterday. We also had mashed potatoes and a salad.

Tonight will be Roasted chicken(from my freezer), rice(making leftovers for fried rice), peas & carrots & a salad. Ds might want biscuits. We will see.

Chrissy
Old 11-07-2003, 06:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I'm up for the pantry challenge! Recently cleaned & inventoried my deep-freeze & the one above fridge. Have enough meats & froz. veggies to last for a few weeks, at least. Lots of canned & dry goods in the pantry as well. Tonight's dinner will be Beef & Veggie soup made from dibs & dabs of leftovers..."free" soup! Will also bake a pan of cornbread. I love the challenge of thinking up ways to use up what I have on hand--- I get sooooo bored with fixing the same ol' things sometimes. Later today I'll try to post what I have on hand, meat-wise, & maybe get some new ideas from all of you! momperson
Old 11-07-2003, 12:49 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured!
FamilyCorner Admirer

I am cleaning out my freezers tomorrow. With it getting close to turkey day I need to figure out what os there and make room for all my turkeys that I will buy...I normally buy 3-4 a year and save them for the next year. If we have family come into town and I have enough notice we will fry one up for them. And we always have one on the 4th of July
Old 11-09-2003, 04:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

OK, this is what I have in my freezer now. Any creative ideas for using it up? Thanks!
1 beef sirloin-tip roast
1 pkg. of tri-tip steaks (will grill these)
4 (1 1/2# each) pkgs. lean ground beef
11 hamburger patties
5 pkgs (4 in each) boneless pork loin chops
1 pkg. salmon fillets
2 pkgs. (8 in each) bone-in chicken thighs
15 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
8 bone-in chicken breasts
3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts

There are 4 of us--myself, DH & the two DS' (adults, 21 & 23).
I have lots of rice, pasta, corn tortillas, potatoes, yams, & canned & froz. veggies.

OH, I have a bag of frozen shrimp stock on hand too, am waiting for a sale on shrimp so I can make a big ol' pot of Gumbo!

momperson