Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Master Mixes Recipes for homemade baking mixes, cake mizes, and everything in between!

Old 09-12-2003, 09:28 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Question instant cookies and cream oatmeal

My dd doesn't care much for cold cereal and hot cereal is not appetizing for her. I love oatmeal and have been trying to get her to try it in different ways.

She was able to convince me to buy her the new quacker instant oatmeal packs, and loves the cookies and cream flavor.

Since I would rather serve homemade rather than storebought items, I was wondering if there were any ideas out there to make the cookies and cream instant packs myself.

TIA

Wildflower
Old 09-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

not sure what is it it, but I know I used to make my own packs with apples, and cinnamon, brown sugar.... so if you knew what it had it it, then just find something that would work along that line to add to it and stir...l. maybe.... just a idea
Old 09-14-2003, 05:40 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thank you!

I am wondering if crushed oreo cookies would work.
I will have to try that.

Wildflower
Old 09-14-2003, 03:01 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

have you gone over the the bfast area and look back on some of those threads on oatmeal... I did earlier had some good bkfast stuff over there.

YOU are welcome
Old 09-15-2003, 12:51 AM
Assistant Moderator

I don't know about cookies and cream flavoured oats, but I do know that my kids love oats cooked in chocolate flavoured milk, strawberry or caramel whatever takes their fancy.. Just make up your choc milk first and then simmer until cooked I've even done it in the microwave.
Mash a banana in with the choc milk is one of my faves.

Old 09-16-2003, 05:19 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thank you BarBar, I haven't had time to look at all the threads, I will check it out a little later this afternoon.

Bilby, thank you for the ideas, I will try the choco milk one and see what happens.

wildflower
Old 09-16-2003, 05:58 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

y Welcome and let us know how it turned out too. like I think I mention before my gd loves oatmeal, the other night when they spend the night I was going to give them pop tarts as they love them but when they knew I had oatmeal it was Oatmeal for them, both ate 2 bowls of it too.

There is one that you make up ahead of time over there and it serves 10 serving, going to do that one for them. will even make it up and give it to d where she has it on hand to... since both girls are in school it will come in handy for her to fix up some for them girls to have before school

have a wonderful day, fixing to go off to doc with hubby